Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:46:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO's are finally coming to an end!  (Read 2467 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:44:35 PM

What do you mean? ICO'S are still receiving millions of dollars in funds, and more and more of them are popping each day. I do not think it will be stop, maybe slow down. But as long as there are projects or businesses out there that have real objectives and needs funds, ico will remain.
Since there are many projects coming out on a daily basis it will eventually fade away,majority of the hyped up projects in the past did not deliver at all,but it was a good way to double up your investment in the past but after the bitcoin rally all of the alt coin market is taking a dive and all of the coins are well behind their ICO value and eventually people will loose interest in it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:50:48 PM

ICO's will not end. There will be more new ICO's and will be more existing failure projects.See the coins on coinmarketcap are not all good projects and will end soon and what then. ICo's with genuine plan.They will survive. ICO's will not end
uobaaagrf

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:57:46 PM

ICO will always exist.
As you can see, there are many good projects in the recent list of ICO projects. Among them, bankex received a lot of attention from the investment made by Microsoft AZURE.
I think the future ICO project numbers may decrease as the plans for ICO control in various countries appear, but the ICO will never disappear.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:05:48 PM

Finally. I think that due to the recent flurry of airdrop scams, ICO's received almost no attention and now that the airdrop scams are receding, the attention to ICO's has pretty much diminished. Now, the hype is all around masternodes but that will soon go away as well. I guess, the real question is, what is next??

The ICO craze is going to be replaced by the Bitcoin forks craze, but don't claim victory, ICO's will always exist. It is always potentially profitable to develop an ICO as long as there are buyers. There is nothing wrong with the ICO model within itself, but at this point, using ICO for your project will make your project look like a total joke. It is better and much more elegant if the project has a code that delivers coins into the market instead of distributing them in some sort of auction.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:18:27 PM

Crowdfunding through ICOs has been receding steeply due to the many nations taking a strong stance against the system as many of them have been abandoned projects and a few also turning out to be scams. Yet, airdrops are still rampant with all the attention they receive and will contain to remain so unless the airdrop participants begin to realize they're simply wasting their time with a dead token and nothing more.
There are still tons of projects out there which won't even be close to achieving their soft caps and this will be beginning of the end as far as ICOs as concerned. The future of crowdfunding will remain uncertain for a while until another breakthrough is achieved so we have to be patient for the future to embrace us.
easytipz

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:21:35 PM

I really wonder what you want to talk about.
But in my opinion, when ICO are managed by law, it will be really helpful for both companies/team and investors
hanlieuiypm9832

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:24:13 PM

People's enthusiasm for speculation
Sooner or later cause irreparable damage
ICO is about to disappear

The ICO will not disappear in my opinion. The main reason is new Blockchain projects needs to be developed with money raised from ICO.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Powered by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Anonymous Kid (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:25:52 PM

Finally. I think that due to the recent flurry of airdrop scams, ICO's received almost no attention and now that the airdrop scams are receding, the attention to ICO's has pretty much diminished. Now, the hype is all around masternodes but that will soon go away as well. I guess, the real question is, what is next??

The ICO craze is going to be replaced by the Bitcoin forks craze, but don't claim victory, ICO's will always exist. It is always potentially profitable to develop an ICO as long as there are buyers. There is nothing wrong with the ICO model within itself, but at this point, using ICO for your project will make your project look like a total joke. It is better and much more elegant if the project has a code that delivers coins into the market instead of distributing them in some sort of auction.

Ah yes. I forgot about the forks. Definitely one to watch out for.
Anonymous Kid (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:28:01 PM

People's enthusiasm for speculation
Sooner or later cause irreparable damage
ICO is about to disappear

The ICO will not disappear in my opinion. The main reason is new Blockchain projects needs to be developed with money raised from ICO.

Is this really true though? I mean, Ethereum had almost everything developed before their ICO and Bitcoin didn't need an ICO either. In fact, almost all coins that run on there own separate blockchains don't need an ICO at all. In my opinion, if a project really needs funds to get it too work, it is doomed from the start. That is, unless, the ICO is simply a distribution model to determine true supporters of the project; In which case, there are far better distribution models.
Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:28:34 PM

Over the course of a year so many scam ICOs have happened that people don't trust ICOs that much anymore, even a good ICO has started to suffer from this. Tons of scammed people have even complained to their governments about it and some countries have banned ICO due to this and more will follow suit. With so much negativity due to lots of scam even a real ICO has to jump through lots of hoops to proof it's worthwhile becoming harder and harder with the passing of practicly each day. So yes, either ICO's will have to become regulated as in under government sanctions or it will disappear. But scammers being scammers they go to what next is hot. This was airdrops, so tons of airdrops started appearing, some even needed to pay a small amount in ETH/BTC to get it, so again people got scammed out of their money. The next step was masternodes, with tons of promises like 1000% ROI etc. but  having tons of it sitting in a wallet staking it and keep quadrupling the coins if the coin never reaches an exchange then it will not lead anywhere, and as soon as it hits an exchange all the holders were waiting for that exact moment and dump as soon as it opens plummeting it to 1 sat or worse it starts out at 1 sat with no buyers at all and remain like that. With these actions happening more and more, crypto has turned more into a scam or be scammed setting. One practicly needs a degree to sift through it all.
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:36:06 PM

I don't think ICOs are finally coming to an end, not at all. Of course the number of ICOs are decreasing as a result of awareness among people about alot of ICOs which were scams and stuff. Still not all of the ICOs are scams and a huge number people still invest in ICOs so it is not going go end anytime soon. It may gradually reduce but for it to end completely is going to take a long of time.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:39:17 PM

Ico's would not even come to an end if  the community would still support them. most of the ICO's that are happening right now are still receiving Millions of USD to their project. Yes, Hard Forks are a new thing now but, it would not even still replace bitcoin. (yes we're having some free money when it comes to Hardforks but, Most of them are just dumping their free money) I prefer Ico's rather than forks to be honest.
Krissmak

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:54:29 PM

What do you mean end? The hedge funds and VC's are just getting started... I wouldnt be suprised if we see pensions in this space 2018..

Look at this, my point exactly -

CommerceBlock CBT! ICO STARTS 28th NOV!

They have CoinShares (Ether & Bitcoin ETNs) and they have just added Danny Masters as a partner! the biggest hedge fund in Europe!

https://www.tokenschedule.com/commerceblock-token/  <--- Everything you need to know.

https://t.me/CommerceBlock <---- Ask the team questions

Bonus Tokens for early Contributors!
Igor17Krik

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:58:19 PM

ICO will never end. Still, many companies make millions of dollars. Investors are interested in investment. So this is just the beginning!

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀            Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |            ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 04:04:00 PM

There are no restriction to transfer the bitcoin so that the easy way for investing in ICO. We can skip the governments restriction on ICO. So its not decreased just may be a slow.
Investors should be cautious on fake ICO and scammers. That's spoiling the good projects. Its really bad. I guess fake ICO or unsuccessful may the reason for less no of sig campaign but am still hoping on good projects.
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:25:58 PM

Nah i dont think it will stop the greedy people to start new projects to scam newbie investors its part of human nature.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
maereglapo

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:27:58 PM

Nah i dont think it will stop the greedy people to start new projects to scam newbie investors its part of human nature.
Agreed greedy people wont stop doing what makes them rich,newbies escpecially are the most targeted by these people.
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:28:05 PM

This is way better for real projects with real teams, trust me. Because they was damaging the entire ico world. After they're removed and died, the real ones will be much more active compared to old crowded days.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:31:38 PM

I don't think ICO's will ever end but it may slow down a bit because of the newly hyped tactics like airdrops or who knows what will be created next month or year. But I'm very sure ICO's are not ending yet, not this soon because there are still a lot of ICO's now raising millions of US dollars worth and going pretty well.
Asmus003

Activity: 476
Merit: 113

World-bounty.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 04:33:23 PM

Okay, wait for the end of ICO while we will make some money Wink
And also don`t believe in BTC and don`t buy it!

World-bounty.com         Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти нa pyccкoм языкe                                 
                                                                  [   J  O  I  N    N  O  W   ]                                                                                                   
Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти кaмпaний нa pyccкoм языкe. Удoбный кaлeндapь бayнти, тaблицa для мoнитopингa, выбopкa пo видaм зaдaний. Oбyчeниe. Пocтoяннoe paзвитиe caйтa.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: