Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:07:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ POOL CLOSED ] Mainframe Mining Cooperative  (Read 33613 times)
xurious

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:47:56 AM

Wee! Time to go find Lady Luck and give her a good kick in the head!

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AnnihilaT (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 12:16:08 PM

Wee! Time to go find Lady Luck and give her a good kick in the head!

No shit! grrrrr!

can you make an api for  the block list stats ?

or just put the information on public?

so I can add your pool to http://digbtc.com

Its on the list... gimme a bit of time for this.   Can you send me a PM with some example output how you would like the JSON object to look like?  Something easy for you to parse?  PM it to me and ill get started on this.

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 12:22:02 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2011, 12:46:54 PM by AnnihilaT

UPDATE:

Guys,

sorry its been so quiet from my end.   Ive had my head buried in a mess of code that was simplecoin for the last days.   What a nightmare.  We were dealing with heavy server loads due to very bad design grandfathered in from simplecoin (and probably mining farm before that ??).  

At any rate, i believe i have solved it or at least GREATLY improved it (on the scale of 400x faster and less load) so now that i have a workable backend structure i can build on i will move forward with all the icing on the cake (stats, etc) that will really make the site pop.   Im gonna take a few days off from coding on this project tho since my other duties have been neglected but new and cool things should start creeping in soon.   If you have ideas,  PM me and ill throw them on my todo list.    Better stats for blocks and payout history are number 1 on my list.

Please let me know asap via PM or reply to this topic if you see anything that looks off to how it used to be.  There might be a few small oddities for the FIRST next paid block (131,887 i think) but after that all should be ok.   Let me know if you have issues and i will handle them ASAP.

Thanks for bearing with us through yet ANOTHER horrible round and here is hoping that the next one hits more on schedule.   If server load was any issue for causing such a long round (highly doubt it but possible) then at least thats one more thing we dont have to worry about again for awhile (i hope) Cheesy Cheesy !

Anni
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:21:49 PM

another long round but we are running strong with the new backend.   
biochem

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 11:34:03 PM

Last one was very quick Wink Will add some more ghash soon  Roll Eyes
grid

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 09:32:19 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2011, 02:43:44 PM by grid

Long round, then two blocks found one after another (vladimir is on to something here  Grin)

I have a feeling we are still running below the expected average, hopefully the variance makes a turn in our favor now!

Edit:
PS
Working on the banners, but RL is very very hectic right now so not getting much spare time. Still planning to contribute, just need to make some time!
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 06:21:35 PM

Long round, then two blocks found one after another (vladimir is on to something here  Grin)

make that three Smiley

I have a feeling we are still running below the expected average, hopefully the variance makes a turn in our favor now!

We also have the feeling that we are running at a bit under average but hoping that it will even out... with three blocks in one day its looking up again.  

FYI, I've also upgraded bitcoind to newest x.24 version and applied some nice patches for multithreading and native longpolling among other things.

Edit:
PS
Working on the banners, but RL is very very hectic right now so not getting much spare time. Still planning to contribute, just need to make some time!

Very curious to see them Smiley  Ill put them up on the site somewhere if you want when they are ready.
grid

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 08:23:01 PM

We also have the feeling that we are running at a bit under average but hoping that it will even out... with three blocks in one day its looking up again.  

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6100/dilbertrandom.gif

Sorry, couldn't help it  Cheesy
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 08:34:27 PM

Sorry, couldn't help it  Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
slammed

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:54:31 PM

what modus have this pool ?

PP ?

is the statistik live ?

mfg
OP
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:34:24 PM

what modus have this pool ?

PP ?

is the statistik live ?

mfg
OP

Statistics are live and method is a form of proportional at the moment.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:10:57 AM

Working on it! Smiley
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:07:16 AM

This is quite a milestone. It seems we have stopped creating a new post here for every new block solved.  Cool

Indeed! Cheesy  I guess that can only be a good thing Smiley
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:21:21 AM

According to this we've just made it into top 10 (at least for a moment).

http://www.btc-poolwatch.com/poolstats

Noticed the same thing when i woke up this morning Smiley  Ive also mailed btcwatch to see if they will add us to their hashrate graphs.  We are bigger than several others they are already listing.
Math Man

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 11:26:18 PM

I've been meaning to post that the additions/changes to the website are well done.  Good job!
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 11:34:50 PM

I've been meaning to post that the additions/changes to the website are well done.  Good job!

Thanks for the feedback!   Ive been quietly introducing changes and should probably be announcing them more often here when i make them.   As always any input is appreciated.  AFAIK,  ive implemented most of whats been asked for to date with the next plans revolving around a new hopping proof scoring method and a more flexible and "everyone friendly" donation scheme. (let users decide if they donate to developers and how much and implement the proper code to handle this). 

On a different note,  seems like our inital bad luck is being offset by pretty damn good luck lately *knocks on wood*  Given current difficulty we are doing pretty damn well lately (IMO).

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:15:18 AM

We are the block masters lately!  Seems like we are doing well above average lately... *knocks on wood* Cheesy Cheesy
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 10:45:54 AM

Go Cyberlync! Smiley  Nice to see someone other than luxs and vladimir finding some blocken! Smiley
cyberlync

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 12:34:19 PM

Go Cyberlync! Smiley  Nice to see someone other than luxs and vladimir finding some blocken! Smiley

Hehe thank you, I'm glad to finally find a block here as well, just recently (before I switched all my miners over to this pool) found a block on BTCguild, and started mining in general just over a month ago Cheesy

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:50:01 PM

Hi All,

I'll warn up front this is going to be a bit of a long post.  Please be sure to read the last section of this post!  I need input for a new feature i want to implement regarding donations!

First some status updates.  Been busy working on refining alot of the backend code which is resulting on very low load on the server and better response and performance in general.  Also been adding in some new features and testing others which i hope to roll out soon.  Some of the new stuff added:

- more info in JSON api (last share submitted timestamp if your worker is active)
- shares per solved block
- account payment history (complete mutations on your account now visible in account details) This includes how much you were paid per block and any credits or witdhrawals from your account.
- added some documentation on the about page for our server and user api code
- under the DTD link (donations to date) you can now see how much is reserved and waiting to be donated to developers.  Because of the transaction costs involved in sending large amounts of small payments,  im "queueing" these donations up in blocks of 0.50 BTC and sending them when the queued amount reaches this amount.

Also, in case you havent noticed,  we are now known, tracked, and graphed at most if not all of the aggregate statistics sites such ass bitcoinwatch, btc-poolwatch, pident, etc...

Now regarding donations,  I need your guys' input on a new way of handling donations.   

The main problem is that most of our miners were early adopters (meaning 0% fees) and this means that we are not really collecting much in the way of donations to the open source bitcoin developers.   The secondary issue is that im afraid we might be excluding certain miners who may not want to donate anything to opensource devs but might be interested in joining us if they werent forced to donate.  There may also be users who wish to donate more than the fixed amount we currently are donating to charity.   In essence,  the idea is that perhaps we need to rethink the idea of making donations mandatory and non adjustable by and for the user.  As it stands now,  the system is a little odd and difficult to explain and also difficult to do donation calculations. 

My plan is to change things to a simpler scheme where we simply say 50% of anything the pool makes (less admin fee) are donated to charity.

So if you set 1% donation amount,  .5% goes to charity and the rest to maintaining the pool.  You can set this as high as you want or as low as you want and in this way choose to support the pool and charity or choose to not support charity at all. 

This would also make calculations more straightforward and transparent and not completely exclude new users who are not interested in donating anything to charity.

I will let this float for a few days here and look for feedback and suggestions from you all and if noone has any objections to this i will be implementing it in 3-7 days unless we collectively come up with a better approach. 

Basically nothing really changes for anyone who currently has an account.  It just changes the way i have to calculate how much goes to charity and makes it easier to communicate to users how these calculations are done.   Right now its a bit vague and im afraid not everyone understands how it works.   By communicating it in this way i hope to remove the confusion and It just sounds alot better anyway to say half of what we earn goes to charity.  1% of the earnings of those who choose to donate something is not amounting to alot and if you just try to read that sentence it almost makes no sense.    Much clearer to just say 50% of what the pool makes in user set donations, goes to charity.  Period.

So what do you guys think?  Im open to all suggestions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: