Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:24:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ POOL CLOSED ] Mainframe Mining Cooperative  (Read 33613 times)
slammed

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:53:08 PM

i love this pool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 05:34:01 PM

I'm gonna think about and comment on the new post soon.

I'm writing this time because I saw there was a payout to my wallet earlier, even tho I had set it to 10btc automatic, it paid out when I had 4btc, and the automatic payment was reset to 1btc.

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
tnkflx

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 09:32:02 PM

Thanks for all the hard work, love it ;-)

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
AnnihilaT (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 10:56:54 PM

I'm writing this time because I saw there was a payout to my wallet earlier, even tho I had set it to 10btc automatic, it paid out when I had 4btc, and the automatic payment was reset to 1btc.

Cyberlync,  Yes this was me.   Im sorry but i manually set alot of thresholds to 1 BTC back today as the pool wallet was getting quite large and im not comfortable holding that much of other peoples money to be quite honest.   Hope it didnt cause you any problem.  Quote from the new account details page:

"Please note: Mainframe reserves the right to periodically lower your threshold setting to force payout on balances larger than 1 BTC. We don't want to be your bank. Sorry! We will only do this when we feel that the pool wallet is getting too full."
cyberlync

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 11:18:47 PM

Cyberlync,  Yes this was me.   Im sorry but i manually set alot of thresholds to 1 BTC back today as the pool wallet was getting quite large and im not comfortable holding that much of other peoples money to be quite honest.   Hope it didnt cause you any problem.  Quote from the new account details page:

"Please note: Mainframe reserves the right to periodically lower your threshold setting to force payout on balances larger than 1 BTC. We don't want to be your bank. Sorry! We will only do this when we feel that the pool wallet is getting too full."

With that reasoning, I'm perfectly fine with what you did, better safe than sorry Smiley

And to reply on the changes proposal, it sounds as a good idea, the "effect" is the same, but the wording is clearer and it's easier to maintain for you.

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 12:28:39 PM

Hi All,

Due to only receiving positive feedback on the new optional charity donation methods,  ive gone ahead and implemented it and Im super happy with the transparency and ease of maintenance this will bring. 

In light of this,  if you have a normal user account you will notice that the fees you are paying have been reduced from 1.5% to 0.5% because the 1% for charity has been made optional.   If you feel so inclined to donate, please take a moment to update your donation settings. Smiley

Kind Regards,
Anni
cyberlync

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:37:10 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2011, 05:03:42 PM by cyberlync

I am looking for some feedback here on which stats miners want to see. I know what I would like to have as a miner, but still your input is very important. Thank You.

I would like to have some info on stale shares, on the individual workers, the number of stales and also a percentage next to it (I kind of like the worker stats on BTCguild). Total share stats on the individual workers, possibility to reset the share count (not for all shares, but to be able to test various worker setups, again kind of like BTCguild does it.)

Perhaps current estimated speed, and all-time average speed, which could take all the shares produced by the worker, divide or whatever needs to be done with worker age. Just an idea.

Sorry for comparing to BTCguild so much, but they do have some stat features that I like, and it's easier to give you an example.

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 05:00:33 PM

I am looking for some feedback here on which stats miners want to see. I know what I would like to have as a miner, but still your input is very important. Thank You.

I would like to have some info on stale shares, on the individual workers, the number of stales and also a percentage next to it (I kind of like the worker stats on BTCguild). Total share stats on the individual workers, possibility to reset the share count (not for all shares, but to be able to test various worker setups, again kind of like BTCguild does it.)

Perhaps current estimated speed, and all-time average speed, which could take all the shares produced by the worker, divide or whatever needs to be done with worker age. Just an idea.

Sorry for comparing to BTCguild so much, but they do have some stat features that I like, and it's easier to give you an example.

Thanks for the input!  Vladimir or I will have a look and see what we can implement... sounds reasonable. Smiley
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 05:02:55 PM

Hope everyone noticed the changes to the site.  Major overhaul actually and have a nice framework in place to start adding some really nice new stuff.  Graphs are coming next with more stats and more details on everything possible.   Stay tuned and please give feedback on the new design!! Smiley 
ihokamik

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 06:46:09 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2011, 07:03:55 PM by ihokamik

Hope everyone noticed the changes to the site.  Major overhaul actually and have a nice framework in place to start adding some really nice new stuff.  Graphs are coming next with more stats and more details on everything possible.   Stay tuned and please give feedback on the new design!! Smiley  

I really like the new look.   It's still light and well spaced but it looks more refined at the same time.

I noticed some minor visual bugs with the new design. Nothing exactly critical but I felt like sharing.

When reloading a page using Firefox 5, I can see the page with no CSS at all flash quickly before it's fully rendered.  It's as if the CSS was applied only after everything is dowloaded.    I only get this problem in FF, Chrome and IE both render the CSS instantly.    

IE has a few different rendering issues like some stuff overlapping but frankly, it's to be expected with IE.  If I was in your place, I would ignore most IE issues.

When simulating a smaller screen, the "statistic line" that tells us the BTC value, hash rate and donation will overlap with the pool name on the left.   This happens in all 3 browsers I tested.

Keep up the good work!  The site is only getting better and better.

EDIT: One more little thing, I think that the monospaced text on the donation page (osList) is a little hard to read with the default font size values.  The size could probably be increased a little.
cyberlync

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 07:10:14 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2011, 08:03:22 PM by cyberlync

I like the new design, feels more polished. I have a comment on the "Update Settings" "Cash Out" "Change Password" buttons, I feel the color is a little too bright, perhaps if it matched the same blue as the top of the site it wouldn't stick out as a sore thumb. Maybe I'm being picky, it's not a problem at all if you don't change it, it's aesthetics.

edit: The link on the support subpage should be updated to bitcointalk.org

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:17:25 PM

Hey cyberlync and ihokamik,  thanks alot for the input.  I think ive fixed the issues the two of you mentioned (kinda cheated on the color issue but i will work on nicer coloring later and pull out photoshop for some repainting on a few elements all at once - bah...i hate design work!)  Which reminds me if anyone wants to work on a new color scheme i can provide an image pack if anyone feels like playing or helping out in that regard.   Im only mildy useful with fireworks and almost useless with photoshop. Tongue

Gonna go work on some graphs now. Cheesy
cyberlync

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 11:49:09 PM

Hey cyberlync and ihokamik,  thanks alot for the input.  I think ive fixed the issues the two of you mentioned (kinda cheated on the color issue but i will work on nicer coloring later and pull out photoshop for some repainting on a few elements all at once - bah...i hate design work!)  Which reminds me if anyone wants to work on a new color scheme i can provide an image pack if anyone feels like playing or helping out in that regard.   Im only mildy useful with fireworks and almost useless with photoshop. Tongue

I don't blame you for postponing the design work, not a biggie at all. I still see that the link on http://mining.mainframe.nl/support is pointing to forum.bitcoin.org I think it should be updated to bitcointalk.org since it got moved and all that.
I am looking forward to the graphs!  Grin Would still like to see a bit more worker stats in time, like total share count for each worker, round share count (which could be resettable) for each worker, perhaps add a average lifetime speed of individual workers (if possible to implement). Not trying to be an arse, just trying to bury you alive in work Wink

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 12:15:33 AM

Not trying to be an arse, just trying to bury you alive in work Wink

Haha! Cheesy  Thanks alot, man!  Just what i need! 

All good suggestions... ill do what i can as i get the time.   User stats are a bit tricky for the long term because in order to keep the site fast i throw a lot of data out after a round has been paid out.   I only keep counts after everything is paid out correctly but perhaps there is something i can do.  Ill have a look at the data I keep and see what can be done with it and if need be more data can perhaps be retained to make better stats... we'll see Smiley  Thanks for the input!   
cyberlync

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 02:18:34 AM

No problems, and please take your time, as this is your hobby project. It's just whenever you have some spare time, and most important things are scratched off the list. Thank you for the work you put into this pool.

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:17:28 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2011, 08:28:54 AM by AnnihilaT

Wow 3 blocks got solved since last time I had a look. Nice!

Yeah, im sure it will pleasure you to know that 141014 was another race and we have apparently won again.  Simplecoin is claiming the same block with 0 confirms and looks like the invalid has buggered his pool software once again Cheesy Tongue
Ten98

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:43:55 PM

This is a very good pool, certainly seems to be blessed with very good luck for a pool this size Cheesy

I like the new design of your site too. I just love visiting it every day and checking how much my balance has increased Smiley

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:59:04 PM

This is a very good pool, certainly seems to be blessed with very good luck for a pool this size Cheesy

I like the new design of your site too. I just love visiting it every day and checking how much my balance has increased Smiley

Thanks for the nice words and welcome to the pool!  Very happy to have you! Smiley
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 04:21:40 PM

I guess its a good thing when a pool the size of ours has such a quiet thread.   It means the miners are happy and there are no issues with the pool Smiley  At least im going to be optimistic and assume thats the reason Smiley
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 09:24:14 AM

thanks for sticking thru the last long round... fingers crossed the next one will be better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: