Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a bitcoin REALLY worth?  (Read 1432 times)
undergron

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:07:35 AM

on the notion that bitcoin is something that is not in the real world and only the numbers on the screen.
this is also very meaningful for other philosophy currencies, and bitcoin is a popular currency in the digital world as in other countries it has been received so true bitcoin is like doller or other currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IRISlingk

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:33:55 AM

The true value of Bitcoin depends on people's confidence in Bitcoin, and as people gain confidence in it, its price rises, but when it disappoints, its price goes down.
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:36:07 AM

Bitcoin here in crypto comprised by some faucets,gambling,trading and many kinds of campaigns so it's worth it for me because i can earn in that,there's so many answer or meaning of crypto that can really worth like the knowledge here that you can learn by different ideas in some topics here and also the transaction all over the world,Moreover it brings so much conveniece so it's worth it.
sadacoin

Activity: 145
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:47:20 AM

Bitcoin is a web-based credit currency. Its credit lies in security and has an issue limit.
For these two points, credit is better than most current physical currencies. This is also the core value of bitcoin.
PureLove

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 08:04:11 AM

what you want is what it worth. people would like to use btc as currency, so its real value depends on willingness or belief of most people.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:07:03 AM

I see the whole thing that has been going on all year with the price of bitcoin, and how it was from way back when it started.

And I have to wonder, when will it end?  Will it keep going up and up, will it level off, or will it just one day suddenly crash and burn like HilLIARy Clinton on election day 11/8/16?

What sets the price?  How do we determine the price?  As near as I can tell, we get our belief of price from the exchanges.  The exchanges say a btc was worth 3000 last month, 5000 last week, 7000 today, etc, and we all just blindly go along with it and base our transactions off of that.  That's how many US Dollars you can get for a bitcoin, and really, what else matters?  Btc could be a million dollars or ONE DOLLAR tomorrow, and everyone would just be going "well, that's the exchange price".  And if that's the amount of money you can convert your bitcoins to dollars for, then that is it.  The exchange won't give you more.  A private buyer you meet in person won't give you more.

With institutional money, bitcoin futures, and hedge funds starting to invest in bitcoin, I think that'll bring more stability and a future to high bitcoin prices.  But we are still dealing with an intangible asset that exists only in computers, so there's no real reason to support these high prices other than "Well, that's what you can buy them for on the exchanges".  Or "That's what the futures market / hedge fund prices them at".  It is BELIEF of the price, and nothing else.  At least with a bar of gold, you can do something with it, no matter what its price is.

Will btc be around for a long time at big money, or will they be the Beanie Babies of 2018?

Will Antminer S9's still be sold on ebay for over $3000 by greedy bastards who were able to place large orders with Bitmain and are now simply reselling them for sheer profit?  Or will used S9's be going for $300 a year from now?

It seems that most of you don't remember me, or were not here in 2013 / 2014.  I repeatedly warned people over and over not to buy ASICs based on the btc price at the time.  And I was 100% correct in my assertions.  And even in 2015 - 2016, I was still correct that ASICs were a bad investment.  It was only with the huge rise in bitcoin prices this year that significant profits could finally be made, but where and when will it end?  Banks are beginning to understand the concept of the blockchain and how it can make their transactions more secure, but that means nothing for the price of bitcoin or any other coin.  Banks don't need any coin to be successful to implement the blockchain idea in their own transaction histories.

People say that bitcoin can replace cash.  Well, I wouldn't go that far.  I see bitcoin as a way to get more money, more US Dollars.  True, a piece of paper may not have much other than the US government backing it, but that's better than a group of coin exchanges, mostly based in other countries saying what my coins are worth.  Gemini is the only licensed, regulated, US based exchange that I would trust.

So what's in store for bitcoin prices in 2018?  And the question that should be placed above all others is, "How much money can I (and I mean ME, not you) get out of bitcoin?".

Just like in financial currency where almost per day the currency of america is derived the value of most of the money of countries so does the cryptocurrency. Especially in hindsight it is fluctuating becuase it is situationed in a market wherein it has a myriad of ways where a lot of factors affect its market value. As such there is strong dips and very quick highs
hoodi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:08:44 AM

For me it is first blockchain innovator and therefore it is priceless, even if it will lose its positions at some point, everybody should remember it.

ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:01:39 PM

for me, bitcoin is really worth because we all know that bitcoin can help us to earn money. I am interested in this question "How much money can I (and I mean ME, not you) get out of bitcoin?". I think it depends on how much money you want to make so you can get out from bitcoin world. I think you need to determine how much money you want to make from bitcoin. without doing this, you are only in bitcoin world and you cannot enjoy your life with the money.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
anne.montes

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:54:22 AM

Bitcoins worth changes every time. In determining the worth of bitcoin is by understanding the law of supply and demand.
NABILA AKTER SHILA

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:32:21 AM

I think Bitcoin is like gold. Banks can make their own currency very soon. I think the banks have separate places for Bitcoin as well as new currency. It is worth the money that people are ready to pay. Now we know that mine is truly profitable. There is a lot of demand in the market.
xxToaDxx

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:25:47 PM

regarding the thought that bitcoin is something that doesn't exist in the real world and is simply "numbers on a screen", this is pretty much the case for any fiat currency as well. In comparison to the total market value, the amount of cash going around is so small that almost all of money transactions are being done digitally and no physical money switches hands, pretty similar to bitcoin. Bitcoin Price is determined by the trading market,  but no one know it's real worth
Urtaev

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:30:07 PM

This is the main problem that it is impossible to determine the value of bitcoin. Perhaps it is undervalued, and perhaps vice versa. The best minds continue the argument.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
ellapurity

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:28:06 PM

Bitcoin worth everything you can think of.
saurav111

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:03:13 PM

Yes, bitcoin is ruling the crypto world. The best way to invest in Bitcoin is to buy bitcoin when the price is low and keep them save in your wallet and when the price is high you sell and make your profit. There are many site out their that are spammers, which are out promising you 10 - 20% and more , at the end they are just spammers. When you buy bitcoin and you are able to leave it for a long term investment, and sell it when the price have gone up, you will definitely have gain huge profit for your investments. Time to buy in a dip.
OLX

Activity: 173
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:24:32 PM

I think bitcoin is really worth the amount that poeple must spend to mine a single coin. And depending on where you live, that can be between $1,000 and $6,000.
cocktail111

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 07:36:34 AM

IT'S WORTH ANYTHING UNDER EXISTENCE.
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:48:41 AM

Last time I heard, it costs around 2k-3k to mine 1 bitcoin, so that should be its fundamental value. However, demand gives it real value, which is around 9k at the moment. The more people invest in it, the more valuable it will be because there is a limited supply.
jemine

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:55:46 AM

I see the whole thing that has been going on all year with the price of bitcoin, and how it was from way back when it started.

And I have to wonder, when will it end?  Will it keep going up and up, will it level off, or will it just one day suddenly crash and burn like HilLIARy Clinton on election day 11/8/16?

What sets the price?  How do we determine the price?  As near as I can tell, we get our belief of price from the exchanges.  The exchanges say a btc was worth 3000 last month, 5000 last week, 7000 today, etc, and we all just blindly go along with it and base our transactions off of that.  That's how many US Dollars you can get for a bitcoin, and really, what else matters?  Btc could be a million dollars or ONE DOLLAR tomorrow, and everyone would just be going "well, that's the exchange price".  And if that's the amount of money you can convert your bitcoins to dollars for, then that is it.  The exchange won't give you more.  A private buyer you meet in person won't give you more.

With institutional money, bitcoin futures, and hedge funds starting to invest in bitcoin, I think that'll bring more stability and a future to high bitcoin prices.  But we are still dealing with an intangible asset that exists only in computers, so there's no real reason to support these high prices other than "Well, that's what you can buy them for on the exchanges".  Or "That's what the futures market / hedge fund prices them at".  It is BELIEF of the price, and nothing else.  At least with a bar of gold, you can do something with it, no matter what its price is.

Will btc be around for a long time at big money, or will they be the Beanie Babies of 2018?

Will Antminer S9's still be sold on ebay for over $3000 by greedy bastards who were able to place large orders with Bitmain and are now simply reselling them for sheer profit?  Or will used S9's be going for $300 a year from now?

It seems that most of you don't remember me, or were not here in 2013 / 2014.  I repeatedly warned people over and over not to buy ASICs based on the btc price at the time.  And I was 100% correct in my assertions.  And even in 2015 - 2016, I was still correct that ASICs were a bad investment.  It was only with the huge rise in bitcoin prices this year that significant profits could finally be made, but where and when will it end?  Banks are beginning to understand the concept of the blockchain and how it can make their transactions more secure, but that means nothing for the price of bitcoin or any other coin.  Banks don't need any coin to be successful to implement the blockchain idea in their own transaction histories.

People say that bitcoin can replace cash.  Well, I wouldn't go that far.  I see bitcoin as a way to get more money, more US Dollars.  True, a piece of paper may not have much other than the US government backing it, but that's better than a group of coin exchanges, mostly based in other countries saying what my coins are worth.  Gemini is the only licensed, regulated, US based exchange that I would trust.

So what's in store for bitcoin prices in 2018?  And the question that should be placed above all others is, "How much money can I (and I mean ME, not you) get out of bitcoin?".
The value of a thing  is the worth people place on it.  Therefore the value of bitcoin is the worth the crypto community place on it
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 11:58:31 AM

for now, yes. bitcoin is still valuable as a digital investment asset. but if calculated from price movements, it is currently more profitable altcoin. altcoin prices are still affordable and do not fall too deep. altcoin price increase can also be more significant.
normanz
Copper Member

Activity: 327

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:05:13 PM

Yes bitcoin is valuable because many people think bitcoin has value, use it as a means of transaction, and also as an investment because bitcoin values can continue to rise higher.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: