Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:50:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a bitcoin REALLY worth?  (Read 1432 times)
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:57:34 PM

For now, what we can see in the actual market is the price of bitcoin and to the question how much bitcoin really worth, I would say the price is not stable.
Anytime from now, it's either bitcoin will go up trend or perhaps down trend and this is base on the law of supply and demand. However, I had higher hopes for bitcoin that his will surpass what it had achieved before in the coming years.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:09:12 PM

Bitcoin doesnt have a price stability it depends on the movement of the market and also in Supply and Demand thats how bitcoin worth.

Indeed,  that's how this forum works and I really dont get the point that most of the people really bothered with the unstability of the price knowing that cryptocurrency was naturally like that and it has been its culture for the passed nine years, and I also cannot blame them that we are all aiming for a better amount of profit in anyway that we could, but for the year had passed that i am involved here, I can say Bitcoin is worth it.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:34:02 PM

Last time I heard, it costs around 2k-3k to mine 1 bitcoin, so that should be its fundamental value. However, demand gives it real value, which is around 9k at the moment. The more people invest in it, the more valuable it will be because there is a limited supply.

Not sure where or when you heard that, but with how the network has been growing consistently and that in a very short period of time, the cost to mint 1BTC is closer to $6000-$7000 on average today.

The problem is that you can't possibly figure out the real costs of minting 1BTC due to all the variables that change in an instant. The costs for smaller miners might be closer to $20,000 in reality, while the larger farms scooping up the majority of the blocks are probably closer to $5000 and perhaps even lower. As long as the difficulty keeps increasing, it means that it is worthwhile to mine, and that for me is a solid indicator.

Also, current price isn't a reflection of the 'real' value, but more the speculative upper side of the market. The 'real' price might actually be closer to $7000.
Si nenglon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:35:50 PM

as for the principle of the lesser known is that doesn't seem to be taught anymore. It's called Supply and Demand we say just like the price of the Bitcoin, and price everything other. that later in the place I like to call the real world. Basic factors in determining the price of the Bitcoin is supply and demand.
jhonvir666

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:30:22 AM

Smiley  Smiley  Bitcoin is the most important of all blockchain and a digital currency that you can use you can not even be seen but it seems that you are dealing with bitcoin throughout life because bitcoin helps people who are willing to invest and also help people with difficulty With financially expensive daily so bitcoin is most important for me and it's important to me.
Krispin47

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:49:41 AM

I see the whole thing that has been going on all year with the price of bitcoin, and how it was from way back when it started.

And I have to wonder, when will it end?  Will it keep going up and up, will it level off, or will it just one day suddenly crash and burn like HilLIARy Clinton on election day 11/8/16?

What sets the price?  How do we determine the price?  As near as I can tell, we get our belief of price from the exchanges.  The exchanges say a btc was worth 3000 last month, 5000 last week, 7000 today, etc, and we all just blindly go along with it and base our transactions off of that.  That's how many US Dollars you can get for a bitcoin, and really, what else matters?  Btc could be a million dollars or ONE DOLLAR tomorrow, and everyone would just be going "well, that's the exchange price".  And if that's the amount of money you can convert your bitcoins to dollars for, then that is it.  The exchange won't give you more.  A private buyer you meet in person won't give you more.

With institutional money, bitcoin futures, and hedge funds starting to invest in bitcoin, I think that'll bring more stability and a future to high bitcoin prices.  But we are still dealing with an intangible asset that exists only in computers, so there's no real reason to support these high prices other than "Well, that's what you can buy them for on the exchanges".  Or "That's what the futures market / hedge fund prices them at".  It is BELIEF of the price, and nothing else.  At least with a bar of gold, you can do something with it, no matter what its price is.

Will btc be around for a long time at big money, or will they be the Beanie Babies of 2018?

Will Antminer S9's still be sold on ebay for over $3000 by greedy bastards who were able to place large orders with Bitmain and are now simply reselling them for sheer profit?  Or will used S9's be going for $300 a year from now?

It seems that most of you don't remember me, or were not here in 2013 / 2014.  I repeatedly warned people over and over not to buy ASICs based on the btc price at the time.  And I was 100% correct in my assertions.  And even in 2015 - 2016, I was still correct that ASICs were a bad investment.  It was only with the huge rise in bitcoin prices this year that significant profits could finally be made, but where and when will it end?  Banks are beginning to understand the concept of the blockchain and how it can make their transactions more secure, but that means nothing for the price of bitcoin or any other coin.  Banks don't need any coin to be successful to implement the blockchain idea in their own transaction histories.

People say that bitcoin can replace cash.  Well, I wouldn't go that far.  I see bitcoin as a way to get more money, more US Dollars.  True, a piece of paper may not have much other than the US government backing it, but that's better than a group of coin exchanges, mostly based in other countries saying what my coins are worth.  Gemini is the only licensed, regulated, US based exchange that I would trust.

So what's in store for bitcoin prices in 2018?  And the question that should be placed above all others is, "How much money can I (and I mean ME, not you) get out of bitcoin?".
investemnt nowadays so from my point of view price should continue to raise even more in 2018 which will bring "more addoption" or it will go till one point when many people will want to get out and have their money. But other than that new all time highs are healthy for bitcoin as more popular medias are talking about it which causes people to seek and see what is it. As for now I can't see bitcoin as a currency becouse of these price swings so you get the feelling that if you don't buy something today you can buy 2x of those tommorow or even less
abiola1

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:23:46 PM

Bitcoin (BTC) is a type of electronic currency, also called cryptocurrency, which is developed by people and companies all around the world. What one needs to understand about cryptocurrency is the fact that it has no physical form. The bitcoin network is not controlled by anyone or anything.
forklif

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:42:17 PM

Of Bitcoin's very valuable Bitcoin is crypto currency, the most popular in the digital world, besides bitcoin has a high value, as more and more people want to buy it.
Yes, it is true. BTC and ETH are the most valuable and most preferred digital currencies by bitcoin users. both have a very high value compared with other altcoin. demand for both is very much, so both have a high selling point.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:06:09 AM

Bitcoin is available in different open market and the price with some discrepancy. Price of bitcoin is depends on the supply and demand so meaning no stable price of bitcoin. Price always change from time to time possible to rise and drop so we don't know Bitcoin price.

#Support Vanig
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:14:42 AM

Not a few people are praising the bitcoin system as a revolutionary mechanism in solving many cases especially in the financial world. The enhancement of technology promised by Bitcoin through system changes has been done by Bitcoin developers by increasing Bitcoin scalability through a new method called SegWit to provide additional space for more transactions.

And I have to wonder, when will it end?  Will it keep going up and up,

Although several accidents have occurred one after another, BTC's value will continue to rise displaying the highest price even though it's only momentary.
vincentlyl

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:16:07 AM

sure it worths your long time holding
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:37:51 AM

Bitcoin is most popular crypto currency in digital world. You can't touch and see that is Bitcoin. Reality that you can exchanged Bitcoin with doller or other currency. Bitcoin has an value. Those countries are already accepted Bitcoin you can exchanged with bank also. So the really Bitcoin is like doller or other currency.
Bitcoin is the real form of a financial system. With its growing popularity it has made Bitcoin very well trusted by many people.
So I do not agree if you call it like a doll. Bitcoin is another form of a financial system that can be very vital in the future.
Bezita

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:58:30 AM

I am convinced by the notion that bitcoin is something that is not in the real world and only "numbers on the screen", this also applies to fiat currencies. Compared to the total market value, the amount of money in circulation is so small that almost all money transactions are done digitally and no physical money changes hands, very similar to bitcoin.dan I see bitcoin as a store of value. The banks can easily make their own coins, which will inevitably happen in the near future. But I'm sure there's a place for bitcoin next to the central bank's new currency. A decentralized value store where you can safely dispose of your savings. We have seen in countries that do not have a stable currency, they often store their wealth in bitcoin. Bitcoin will replace gold in the future.
cuteboy2016k

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:15:34 AM

Bitcoin is the king of crypto currency world, and it is a digital currency, bitcoin's price is very flactuating and market condition is aways changes so it is very price worth and bitcoin technology is more value that its price, blockchain technology can help in the world market situations, more coins will create upon blocchain technology, so bitcoin is good worth and if you have bitcoin just hold for a couple of years,
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 04:39:23 PM

I believe that Bitcoin is worth the cost of acquisition but aspects like utility value, the potential for growth increase the price of it along with the demand and supply scenario from the market. If the cost of acquiring 1 Bitcoin is $6K for the miner then Bitcoin is worth $6K but since he will need some profit for his efforts, he will charge some excess amount and that would be the market price from him.
dongbat03

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:49:06 PM

I believe that Bitcoin is worth the cost of acquisition but aspects like utility value, the potential for growth increase the price of it along with the demand and supply scenario from the market. If the cost of acquiring 1 Bitcoin is $6K for the miner then Bitcoin is worth $6K but since he will need some profit for his efforts, he will charge some excess amount and that would be the market price from him.

Yes of course, Bitcoin already made a lot to  help so many people to improve their lives that makes bitcoin really worth in helping people who's in need.
Dia_sintaku

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:19:00 PM

Bitcoin is the most popular crypto currency in the digital world. You can not touch it and see it is Bitcoin. The fact that you can exchange Bitcoin with dollars or other currencies. Bitcoin has currency values in every country. Those countries have already received your Bitcoin can be redeemed with the bank as well. So, Bitcoin is really like the other two currencies. but very fast digital currency bitcoins evaporate
soplo

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:32:47 PM

is bitcoin very valuable? I think that's true, although currently the bitcoin price is declining, but bitcoin still has a high value compared to other coins, and I'm sure in the future bitcoin will have a more fantastic price than the current price, for now bitcoin already occupied has increased sharp, it means bitcoin is still very valuable, on the one hand bitcoin also been used for online payment instruments, or can be made with digital money, it will also facilitate our transactions. Wink
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:37:04 PM

in a non computer environment a bitcoin is not worth much. in a digitalized society with distributed networks, its priceless. its the first of its kind.
lets say 20k usd for a lower userbase (only a few million user). if hundred millions join the scarcity kicks in...
Che454010

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:46:08 PM

I believe that bitcoin really costs several times more than now, it is underestimated and in the future will only go up
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: