Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Exchange] Latest Cryptsy Additions, News and announcements.  (Read 199366 times)
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:18:18 PM

ORB was added before Lebowskis, very very undude...
Agree, also there are GLX, HBN, STR, PHS,... so many good ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 06:16:03 PM

I made a CMC deposit from my wallet to cryptsy earlier today, it has 112 confirmations on it, however it's still not in my cryptsy account.

Datum: 2/08/2013 18:12
Aan: C6xWUM5uyRDV4qvvD1vdmF3D1ZaQeYtCLk
Debet: -6.51 CMC
Netto bedrag: -6.51 CMC
Transactie-ID:: a94a4ae7d27e5cbac25bad13c207722c6290310f11661fcf973b8b99473cd63c

Any chance you can look into this & adjust?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 06:50:25 PM

ORB is a scamcoin, should be banned forever from cryptsy.
Lebowski is decent, I like the weird name  Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:08:25 PM

Cryptsy started asking me for all these personal security info and questions today, so I pulled my coins out. Don't like the sound of that.

So this came up quite a bit today. The reason for security questions is owner validation. We have users losing access to their original signup email. So in order to validate them we need another method. Just like any site that asks personal security questions you can make the answer anything you wish. Just know the answer! So question like Whats your mothers maiden name you can put 67890%^&*(1223 that's fine but know the answer. So if you do lose your email access permanently which until recently I myself didn't think was a real thing but some people do. We have a way to validate your the owner and give you access to your coins by changing your email.
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 07:24:09 PM

Cryptsy started asking me for all these personal security info and questions today, so I pulled my coins out. Don't like the sound of that.

So this came up quite a bit today. The reason for security questions is owner validation. We have users losing access to their original signup email. So in order to validate them we need another method. Just like any site that asks personal security questions you can make the answer anything you wish. Just know the answer! So question like Whats your mothers maiden name you can put 67890%^&*(1223 that's fine but know the answer. So if you do lose your email access permanently which until recently I myself didn't think was a real thing but some people do. We have a way to validate your the owner and give you access to your coins by changing your email.

Seems smart to me -- I really don't see a disadvantage here. Our accounts are used for transferring, trading, and sometimes even storing valuable virtual currencies -- I have no problem going through a few extra steps to verify my identity if it means my investments are safer.

I had an incident once where I lost my phone (slipped out of the pocket in a new pair of slacks)...which was linked to my email. The person who found the phone reset my passwords for various websites and confirmed the resets via my Email...which they now had access to. If there had been an additional security question on the sites in question, there's a chance it would have never happened.

I was tipped off when I checked my deleted Email and saw the "reset password" emails in there (the idiot never deleted the trace) -- I got everything straightened out quickly and eventually even got my phone back...but securing and modifying the compromised websites was the biggest hassle out of everything.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:16:02 PM

Seems smart to me -- I really don't see a disadvantage here. Our accounts are used for transferring, trading, and sometimes even storing valuable virtual currencies -- I have no problem going through a few extra steps to verify my identity if it means my investments are safer.

I had an incident once where I lost my phone (slipped out of the pocket in a new pair of slacks)...which was linked to my email. The person who found the phone reset my passwords for various websites and confirmed the resets via my Email...which they now had access to. If there had been an additional security question on the sites in question, there's a chance it would have never happened.

I was tipped off when I checked my deleted Email and saw the "reset password" emails in there (the idiot never deleted the trace) -- I got everything straightened out quickly and eventually even got my phone back...but securing and modifying the compromised websites was the biggest hassle out of everything.

Exactly the scenario this protects against. Again the answers don't have to be true they just have to be correct when we try to confirm. I personally have made up answers for any security question myself various pass phrases with symbols etc but I'm paranoid.
Walt Sobchak

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

God rest Donnie's soul.

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:25:40 PM

Have you seen the movie The Big Lebowski? Cool

Smokey, this is not 'nam, this is bowling. There are rules. Do as the dude would wish, and mine some Lebowskis! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260311.0
jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:44:56 PM

another one for starcoin and cloudcoin  please Lips sealed

Signature for hire!
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1147

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:53:51 PM

So this came up quite a bit today. The reason for security questions is owner validation. We have users losing access to their original signup email. So in order to validate them we need another method. Just like any site that asks personal security questions you can make the answer anything you wish. Just know the answer!

Weird questions BTW. I don't know what "6th grade" is or what a "second name" is. I think there is also one question about child nicknames or stuffed animals (?!?). I suppose these are normal questions in the States but are really weird here in Spain. It would be much better to give the option to users to write both the question and the answer.

broken_pixel

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:56:52 PM

I guess you never saw the movie?  Cool

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 10:00:19 PM

GLX, STR and PHS!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:45:31 PM

So this came up quite a bit today. The reason for security questions is owner validation. We have users losing access to their original signup email. So in order to validate them we need another method. Just like any site that asks personal security questions you can make the answer anything you wish. Just know the answer!

Weird questions BTW. I don't know what "6th grade" is or what a "second name" is. I think there is also one question about child nicknames or stuffed animals (?!?). I suppose these are normal questions in the States but are really weird here in Spain. It would be much better to give the option to users to write both the question and the answer.

Ok that made me laugh literally. I agree there may be some cultural confusion there. I will talk to vern about a custom option.
erk

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:47:01 PM

There are lots of ways to do security that don't involve giving out personal information. This isn't one of them.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:02:30 PM

There are lots of ways to do security that don't involve giving out personal information. This isn't one of them.

I think the point is don't put in personal information in its a pass phrase like any other any information can be provided as long as you remember it when you enter it. Favorite teddy Bear is probably not the most intrusive question but if teddy needs a more anonymous name then make it A$%^65ty.

The security part of verification ends when the end user losses his keys to his information. So then the question becomes how does the user regain access to his information and prove he is himself without losing anonymity that many crypto users want or do we just say sorry well hold your coins for eternity.

How do you propose a user proves ownership of his account? We feel this is the best way for a user to prove they own the account and is a widely accepted practice but are open to other ideas.
Molitor

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:24:11 AM

I think the point is don't put in personal information in its a pass phrase like any other any information can be provided as long as you remember it when you enter it. Favorite teddy Bear is probably not the most intrusive question but if teddy needs a more anonymous name then make it A$%^65ty.

The security part of verification ends when the end user losses his keys to his information. So then the question becomes how does the user regain access to his information and prove he is himself without losing anonymity that many crypto users want or do we just say sorry well hold your coins for eternity.

How do you propose a user proves ownership of his account? We feel this is the best way for a user to prove they own the account and is a widely accepted practice but are open to other ideas.

Using Country of Residence as a fail-safe security question is about one notch above using Gender. I fudged my actual residency, and let me tell you, if I start getting penis enlargement emails written in Uzbek, there's gonna be hell to pay.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:28:58 AM

Using Country of Residence as a fail-safe security question is about one notch above using Gender. I fudged my actual residency, and let me tell you, if I start getting penis enlargement emails written in Uzbek, there's gonna be hell to pay.

You could put it as the planet mars if you'd like or your country of residence could be a pass phrase the questions are irrelevant as long as you know the answers.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 12:40:34 AM

More security @Cryptsy!  Cool

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:31:31 AM

Please add Elephant Coin.  Just because it had a minimal premine shouldn't keep it off the exchange.  It has a decent enough minjng following.  Let users decide if it lives or dies...it deserves a chance.  You guys give chances to coins like GIL for no better reason than its 'dev' is a chatbox fanboy.
darksoft

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:53:01 AM

Please add Elephant Coin.  Just because it had a minimal premine shouldn't keep it off the exchange.  It has a decent enough minjng following.  Let users decide if it lives or dies...it deserves a chance.  You guys give chances to coins like GIL for no better reason than its 'dev' is a chatbox fanboy.

+1 and how
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:59:17 AM

Favorite teddy Bear is probably not the most intrusive question but if teddy needs a more anonymous name then make it A$%^65ty.

This seriously cracked me up for some reason.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: