Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:07:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Exchange] Latest Cryptsy Additions, News and announcements.  (Read 199366 times)
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:23:26 PM

I think redcoin guy should be more vocal.

I've seen a great deal of that premine given away - if only he'd list/account for it. it'd help his case immensely.

I like red, and hope it's listed. but, that won't happen 'till the guy pulls his finger out (opinion)

K.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:34:00 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 10:46:13 PM by Oldminer

Yah Pre-mine cant be what they are using to decide to list a coin or not as Stablecoin had like a 1.5mil pre-mine and the dev has vanished and delivered nothing on his promises, its essentially a dead coin, last I looked one or 2 or the nodes were running on mail servers, and yet it was listed and continues to be traded despite a consistently low hash rate and AWOL Dev.

Stablecoin is different as it was listed before BV went anti-premine. Ever since then they have listed a crapload of shitcoins.

SBC is different also in that yes the dev has vanished however there may be a legitimate reason behind that. Maybe he died? Who knows? He certainly was very active up until his last post and had a lot of things in development. One things for sure, despite the premine there never was a dump despite cryptsy's fears of such. Check the trade history on cryptsy and look at the volume traded. The spikes in volume where when the coins value was comparatively low.
We started considering pre-mines once the number of coins started jumping and profit dumping seems to be the incentive for the premines. It doesn't mean it wont be considered it means that fair release coins will get a higher priority as the coins were made by folks who have more incentive to stick with their release. We still have redcoin on the list its just not its turn to be added above the fairer trader friendly fair release coins.

Fair enough. But why list coins that have no services and no value outside your exchange simply because they werent pre-mined? Why will people buy these coins from your exchange other than to try & pump the price so they can then dump them? Are these coins somehow more valuable in your eyes than coins that may have a pre-mine with at least some of that pre-mine being used to provide services & add value to the coin? And how does a dev provide services for his coin without a pre-mine?
With his own money I think most of the fair release coins have gotten every service you speak of for free. CAPs, HBN have many supporters which coin do you think doesnt?

What support does GIL & GDC have? The coin on top of your list of potential coins (philosopherstone) doesnt even have any services yet? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260311.0

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:51:40 PM

Yah Pre-mine cant be what they are using to decide to list a coin or not as Stablecoin had like a 1.5mil pre-mine and the dev has vanished and delivered nothing on his promises, its essentially a dead coin, last I looked one or 2 or the nodes were running on mail servers, and yet it was listed and continues to be traded despite a consistently low hash rate and AWOL Dev.

Stablecoin is different as it was listed before BV went anti-premine. Ever since then they have listed a crapload of shitcoins.

SBC is different also in that yes the dev has vanished however there may be a legitimate reason behind that. Maybe he died? Who knows? He certainly was very active up until his last post and had a lot of things in development. One things for sure, despite the premine there never was a dump despite cryptsy's fears of such. Check the trade history on cryptsy and look at the volume traded. The spikes in volume where when the coins value was comparatively low.
We started considering pre-mines once the number of coins started jumping and profit dumping seems to be the incentive for the premines. It doesn't mean it wont be considered it means that fair release coins will get a higher priority as the coins were made by folks who have more incentive to stick with their release. We still have redcoin on the list its just not its turn to be added above the fairer trader friendly fair release coins.

Fair enough. But why list coins that have no services and no value outside your exchange simply because they werent pre-mined? Why will people buy these coins from your exchange other than to try & pump the price so they can then dump them? Are these coins somehow more valuable in your eyes than coins that may have a pre-mine with at least some of that pre-mine being used to provide services & add value to the coin? And how does a dev provide services for his coin without a pre-mine?
With his own money I think most of the fair release coins have gotten every service you speak of for free. CAPs, HBN have many supporters which coin do you think doesnt?

What support does GIL & GDC have? The coin on top of your list of potential coins (philosopherstone) doesnt even have any services yet? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260311.0
Gil you can user on coingas.com and GDC has huge support and an active team and backer not to mention weekly updates with beer reviews from microguy.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:00:03 PM

Gil you can user on coingas.com and GDC has huge support and an active team and backer not to mention weekly updates with beer reviews from microguy.

GIL you can use ONLY on coingas and ONLY because it was accepted 2 days ago (long after the listing on your exchange) because the dev convinced the owner of coingas too after he pumped up the price (and subsequently dumped his premine on your exchange 24 hours later).

Look, personally I like your exchange, and I do believe Redcoin will eventually get a listing, I'm just concerned about the 'quality' and future worth of some of the coins listed and the impact this is having on the quality coins that are released in the future, and the detrimental effect some of them are having on worthwhile alts. This, and the perception future dev's will have of what constitutes a 'good' coin.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:21:17 PM

THere are at least 10 coins which have been pretty much abandoned. People still buy and sell them though, until there is zero buy support for them I guess they have there place.

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:05:47 AM

There were support services lined up from Thailand to Kenya to Somalia that were going to use proceeds of Elephant coin (ELP) to support wildlife reserves...but since Cryptsy decided not to add it over 100,000 wild elephants have died as a result.
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 12:40:13 AM

There were support services lined up from Thailand to Kenya to Somalia that were going to use proceeds of Elephant coin (ELP) to support wildlife reserves...but since Cryptsy decided not to add it over 100,000 wild elephants have died as a result.

Well then the blood of those elephants is on the hands of the greedy ELP dev who premined nearly 1.5 million coins and prevented ELP from being taken seriously. Until proven otherwise, it remains a scamcoin.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:58:00 AM

I didn't know about the save the elephant service..... I swear
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:22:00 AM

Will you be adding zeta coin to your exchange ?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:23:07 AM

I was curious about this figure, as I have watched quite a bit of National Geographic, so I looked into it a bit further.

http://www.defenders.org/elephant/basic-facts

"Today, there are an estimated 450,000 - 700,000 African elephants and between 35,000 - 40,000 wild Asian elephants."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/conservation/elephants/intro.shtml
"the WWF estimates there are between 25,600 and 32,750 individual Asian elephants left in the wild."
" The WWF estimates there to be between 470,000 and 690,000 individual elephants. (African)

So because Cryptsy did not support a coin, 15-20% of the world's elephants have been killed?

Also, I found an Elephant sanctuary page and found this,
http://www.elephants.com/faq.php

"How much does their care cost per month?
Food, dietary supplements and regular veterinary care cost approximately $1,000 per elephant, per month. This does not include operating costs and salaries"

So the elephant coin fund would have donated at least $100 million per month?
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:32:39 AM

I was curious about this figure, as I have watched quite a bit of National Geographic, so I looked into it a bit further.

http://www.defenders.org/elephant/basic-facts

"Today, there are an estimated 450,000 - 700,000 African elephants and between 35,000 - 40,000 wild Asian elephants."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/conservation/elephants/intro.shtml
"the WWF estimates there are between 25,600 and 32,750 individual Asian elephants left in the wild."
" The WWF estimates there to be between 470,000 and 690,000 individual elephants. (African)

So because Cryptsy did not support a coin, 15-20% of the world's elephants have been killed?

Also, I found an Elephant sanctuary page and found this,
http://www.elephants.com/faq.php

"How much does their care cost per month?
Food, dietary supplements and regular veterinary care cost approximately $1,000 per elephant, per month. This does not include operating costs and salaries"

So the elephant coin fund would have donated at least $100 million per month?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Mother of god what have we done!
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:38:27 AM

BitJohn you MUST save the Elephants!

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:42:17 AM

Not to bring up bad and scary things but because GME hasn't made it to the exchange lots of children have had to go without be able to purchase games with their Gamecoins.

Think of the children!  Cry

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:53:47 AM

Not to bring up bad and scary things but because GME hasn't made it to the exchange lots of children have had to go without be able to purchase games with their Gamecoins.

Think of the children!  Cry
But if we add it before Christmas well be like Santa yes?
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:57:52 AM

Think of the children!  Cry

Everyday that isn't Christmas is technically before Christmas. So by that logic, Thursday sounds as good as any.  Wink

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
fendlestick

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:06:33 AM

Everyday that isn't Christmas is technically before Christmas. So by that logic, Thursday sounds as good as any.  Wink

Now that is some top class smart arsery! I am gonna use that in real life at some point for sure.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:48:56 AM

Now that is some top class smart arsery! I am gonna use that in real life at some point for sure.
Ok ok Gamecoin is #1 on the list
Tripjammer

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:11:19 AM

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
powpow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Developer

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:12:12 AM

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

He didn't say which list, could be the "hell no list".  Grin
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:13:39 AM

lol guess we will have to see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: