Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:42:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4479 times)
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:45:36 AM

Personal wallets do not have any timeframe associated to the assets that you are storing there. Exchanges would realistically be the same however you expose yourself to the chance the exchange is hacked or goes out of business. I would suggest it always makes sense to keep a small amount for GAS there at all times should you want to sell them one day.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
franklinrichards

Activity: 239
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:47:17 AM

Yes you can and make sure that the tokens that you are going to hold is the promising one, they develop the project and the team are working for it. If they don't have a development team its better to exchange to better one.
dashayana

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 08:18:33 AM

It is allowed. No one forbids how many years you keep it. The only thing you should notice is whether the coin it will develop or even die. If the coin growth then it is your luck and if it dies then it is your fate. Sorry. Smiley

▐| CRUXCOIN.IO |▌  THE HEART OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES
▐|▌THE FIRST CRYPTOCURRENCY WITH 3 IMPLEMENTED PROJECTS▐|▌
MrKubeem

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:39:11 AM

Yes you can hold your altcoin in your wallet for how many years and the value it will remain,but the price in the market is the problem you cant stop the price, it will increasing or decreasing so even if your coin is in your wallet for a year but the question is what price in the market after you hold your coin in the wallet in a year? it will be increase? or decrease?. if its increasing thats good, but decreasing? i dont know what to do to the coin.
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:32:12 AM

I have a bunch of tokens that will be held for years in my wallet. A great amount of them are airdropped or promotional tokens that have 0 value and will be just laying around in the wallet. May be in course of time they might be of some value (for collectors for example)
florinda0602

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:19:09 AM

the token will remain there but its value can not be predicted in my opinion, it could be your token value becomes big value and could have the same value or can go down even gone,
token and altcoin prices are highly dependent on the market, and the market is very volatile

Yes you can hold your coins in your wallet for years if you want, but there is no guarantee that you will be sure it will go higher in value. The price of crypto is up and down so you will never know when your coins will go high or low.
prdn

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:23:47 AM

There's too much cryptocoin to be kill in the future. To be careful when choosing and minimize risk, you need to choose strong coins, such as etherium.
cuprice

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:31:10 AM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?
As long as you have the private key on that wallet you can still access your altcoins. Regarding the price, It will depends on the altcoins on how strong they are in the market as they can grow huge, have same price or die within 2 years.
yamatoo

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:25:41 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

As long as you have the private key on that wallet you can still access your altcoins. Regarding the price, It will depends on the altcoins on how strong they are in the market as they can grow huge, have same price or die within 2 years.

It is possible to keep them in your wallet for a long time, but if you don't do that awarely to sell them in the future for bigger price or to use them in product it's quite senseless. Tokens like money, they need to move Smiley
icopir

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:39:46 PM

it is quite possible no one commits you to sell it immediately as soon as you have acquired it for storage for a long period is suitable not only bitcoin
Simayi

Activity: 360
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:57:59 PM

Yes, I think there are ADA, NEO coins that can be put for 3 years. Ethereum can be used for a year and a half. Bitcoin can be used for 2 years. Do you not agree with my point of view?

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:02:32 PM

On the one hand, this option is possible without any problems. But considering that some coins are subject to swap or hard fork, sometimes you need to follow the news so as not to miss an important announcement.
catubayjhon

Activity: 560
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 11:44:32 PM

Yes, this is all possible. I suggest that you can hold some promising cryptocurrencies. Ethereum is a good choice. At present, its price is very low. In the future, it will have a lot of room for growth, so investing in it will gain a lot of money in the future. wealth.
Yes you can hold or store your altcoins if you want as long as you hold your private key and keep your wallet secured.and the value of your altcoin is still remain.many bounty hunters choose to hold their altcoins to benefit because if you hold your coins the circulating amount of the coins can affect the price of altcoins.if the amount of circulating coins is low and the  demand for the coins is high maybe the value is getting high.
Ebenezer559

Activity: 401

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:59:01 PM

I think its possible to hold altcoin for years since you have all the secret keys of your wallet
nhatminh237a

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:33:26 AM

If you are a long term investor and you want to hold it for next 5 years then you hold your coin in hardware wallet because there are many hacking attack on online wallets and if you are a trader then you can hold your coin in any exchange wallet which have strong security features like bittrex, binance etc
King_G_

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:31:57 PM

Of course you can hold altcoins for years. This is because altcoins are actually on the Rise and improving more than Bitcoin.
Some of the altcoins like ethereum litecoin and many more show quite a bit improvement .
If you are talking about long term investment like for 10 years or maybe just five years then altcoins are the choice because they are the future.
c4ptch4

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:47:41 PM

If you are a long term investor and you want to hold it for next 5 years then you hold your coin in hardware wallet because there are many hacking attack on online wallets and if you are a trader then you can hold your coin in any exchange wallet which have strong security features like bittrex, binance etc
I am not sure all exchanges that have very good security can guarantee our coins well, 5 days ago I saved the coins I bought on hitbtc and this afternoon I intend to sell the coins I have there but I am very surprised because the coins I have disappeared , for that I suggest always hold the coins that have got in your personal wallet not in exchange
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:36:26 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

yes, the value will remain, but its not guaranteed that its price will increase. its price might fall more than the current price. so if you are gonna hold your altcoins, make sure to keep an eye on it. dont just hold and forget about it.
nano77

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:22:47 AM

yes, I think it would be safer to keep altcoin in your wallet and hold it because you can use it when the price has reached as you want and you can send it to the market you want
akai098xx

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:25:20 PM

i think its ok if your wallet address has run out of balance, i mean balance $ for gas or for deposit, so its save for 1 or 2 year you save your token on your wallet, unless you declare your private key to someone or some regist form, you know what i mean right.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: