Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:43:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4479 times)
sandiskumen

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:38:04 AM

yes you can hold your altcoin for a year or how many years you want, your token value will remain. but you do not know if the price in the market will go up or down. according to the market.Whenever we will have money in the future by having some gas and we can trade our tokens.
xamil

Activity: 354
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

Of course you can hold it in a long period of time depends on your decision on when you sell it because its your own wallet and you decide on yourself, nbut the price will change for sure as we all know that the price of altcoin is not stable and we are the one who monitor and always check the price of what we hold.
lkcryptoman

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:50:29 AM

Generally speaking, your coin has a chance to increase and decrease in value, in our case 1 year period. There are many factors that can influence it's value on the market through the year so you need to know all the information about the specific coin.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:18:35 PM

Of course you can. You can actually just HODL it after a few years and it depends on you whether you sell it or trade it for something else. Your alternate coins will be safe as long as its in your wallet and you are the only one who can access it. If you are not aware of the value's of your alternate coins then you might miss the chance to sell it at it peaks price.
genset88

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:28:09 PM

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?

Yes, it can be get higher, and it can also die. No one can tell the future. In order to be safe you should invest in potential coin or top coin, which will probably help you minimize the risk.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:44:31 PM

Yes, you can hold your altcoin in your wallet for years. That's long term hodling and you stand at a chance of getting so much earnings if the price go so high later on. However, you have to make sure that your wallet is safe enough and it's something no one else except someone you extremely trust has access to
Zenboble

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:27:11 AM

Regardless of on the off chance that you keep altcoin for long haul, old altcoin will be ideal for that. Pick ethereum (or other old altcoin that has for quite some time been in the market and have a more steady an incentive than the new altcoin), you can hold it for a considerable length of time and its esteem will rise. Try not to attempt that with the new altcoin in light of the fact that it will vanish and never again have esteem.
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:32:16 AM

You can keep your pennies for many years. Do not want to sell or for any other reason. Me too! Previously, I kept some bitcoin waiting for high prices to sell new then the electronic market downhill, lower bitcoin price I have to keep them. Until now I have not sold yet.
Roels Major

Activity: 191
Merit: 56

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:56:33 AM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

for token, I think few token can survive more than 1 -3 year, but any token just life for several month.
if developer still active, and still on roadmap, I think it will survive for several year.
but if u r  decide to hold coin may be it will different ,
because mining and development still running, and miner,comunity will always support their coin,
adding new market, publish, and many more

Nice post and wisdom, So I give u a "merit". Enjoy. Cheers.  Wink

"I select a very small number of things to be sceptical about, such as markets, and on these I am hypersceptic. But I want to be fooled by randomness in art." — Nassim Nicholas Taleb
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:59:18 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

As long as you own the key to that wallet, you can hold that coins in that wallet as long as you want, the amount will still be the same, but the value of it equal to dollar or Bitcoin will not be same, it could go higher or lower, you can make a profit or lose your profit, because cryptocurrency is very volatile.

Podda (SL)

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:19:18 AM

Yes... You can hold your tokens and all altcoin in your wallet. It not only for one year. You can hold it at a lifetime in the wallet. But some issue in here. We know a lot of scammers are now in the online field, especially in the crypto field. So we need to put good safety to our tokens. Most of the time we are using MEW wallet to load our tokens and hold our tokens. But in my opinion is the Best thing is get a Ledger wallet and load your tokens to it. I think it's the most valuable thing to do. Thank you! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
edavis38156

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:22:25 AM

If you think the altcoin you're holding is stable enough to last for years then go ahead and hold it. But having you ask this makes me say you are uncertain so i suggest don't. You can convert it to more stable coins like bitcoin for example. In a way, you know your coin's value will grow.
kelincrad

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:34:08 AM

Yes of course,you can keep your altcoins so long, keep the coins until their value gets higher. Then decide what to do, to sell part of the leave
Sexie

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:06:44 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

You can hold your coin at your wallet for years if  you think that your coin is strong enough  to stay for many years. If  it  is quite in demand  to the market then its value can be surely  getting higher within two years.  It all depends to the potentials of the coin  that you have.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:11:04 AM

I think there is really no problem holding the tokens in your wallet, you can hold them for as long as you would like as long as your wallet is safe enough, and you are in possession of the private key, if not then there are chances that you ,might lose them

popelene1

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:13:45 AM

Yes you can hold till anytime as long as you believe on the project and also have trusted the team and devoloper of the project.
Jonesdoo

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:14:29 AM

Yes, you can hold your altcoin for a long time, provided that you need to judge whether your cottage currency has a bright future. I suggest that you choose to invest in Ethereum and hold it for 2-3 years. I believe it will bring you huge profits.
Denbella

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:14:48 AM

It is highly possible. I don't really see it bad to hold your altcoins in your wallet. If the prices of altcoins are bad in the market and you don't want to sell it, you can hold it in the wallet as long as you want it to be in your wallet.
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:29:14 AM

From my experience so far is that I kept the coin in the wallet to the years it doesn't matter. And coins are also not reduced and as long as we can keep the private key secure, coins will not go everywhere or hijacked by people.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
letzdodiz

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:31:13 AM

You can keep tokens in your wallet for whatever length of time that you like, the market will at present exchange and decide the cost, when you believe you are prepared to money out then you can get a few gas and afterward offer your tokens, there are no limitations on the time span somebody can hold coins or tokens in their wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: