Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Liza?  (Read 4901 times)
tr3yson (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:46:15 PM

I received an email from Yobit about this Bitcoin Liza. My first thought was, is this another bitcoin fork? since the name was Bitcoin Liza and again derived from Bitcoin. So anybody knows about it? Is this really another fork? Well, whatever it is, for sure it's another bitcoin wannabe. Forks now are big jokes, they just make fun of it and destroy the true essence of fork for bitcoin. By the way, I just noticed that naming these bitcoin wannabees right now are getting worse.  Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:25:59 AM

I received an email from Yobit about this Bitcoin Liza. My first thought was, is this another bitcoin fork? since the name was Bitcoin Liza and again derived from Bitcoin. So anybody knows about it? Is this really another fork? Well, whatever it is, for sure it's another bitcoin wannabe. Forks now are big jokes, they just make fun of it and destroy the true essence of fork for bitcoin. By the way, I just noticed that naming these bitcoin wannabees right now are getting worse.  Grin
You are right, this is becoming a bit ludicrous and damaging the image of the original Bitcoin in my opinion.
Cannot get much information on Liza though.
Yobit is a reputable exchange, I am very surprised they list this coin, looks like this is still an official fork at this stage. What's the point? Apart from trying to make money on "air" I am not sure...  Wink
lucifochrome

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:31:32 AM

Oh well, i think that is just another coin, alt coins nowadays keep on sprouting like mushrooms, one after the other at some point it can affect bitcoin in a negative way as people will get confused as to what coin should they invest in but in my opinion bitcoin will still thrive since majority knows bitcoin than any other coins, i am not talking about the traders what i am pertaining to are the people who just use bitcoin in everyday life, like entrepreneurs and such. I don't know about this Liza if this is going to be a coin as well but i will research on that.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:54:23 AM

LOL, this is getting ridiculous. Guess forking Bitcoin is a new trend, eh? New forks are coming every day. I'm not against it, sometimes I really wanted to store my Bitcoin in exchanges that list those shitty forks futures quickly, like YoBit for example. Unfortunately, they have a lot of issues and I read tons of bad reviews from their user. Couldn't risk my BTC there.

By the way, who started this Bitcoin Liza? Couldn't find any links besides Yobit announcement via email. Is this Yobit-made coin? Oh, don't tell me.

Yobit is a reputable exchange, I am very surprised they list this coin, looks like this is still an official fork at this stage. What's the point? Apart from trying to make money on "air" I am not sure...  Wink

Not really. Yobit reputation is not good. They are known as exchanges that list the most shit coin, besides hundreds of bad reviews. So, its not weird that they list this weird Liza thing. If Bitfinex or Bitstamp doing this kind of things, now that's really surprising.
diegovini

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:33:48 AM

Not really. Yobit reputation is not good. They are known as exchanges that list the most shit coin, besides hundreds of bad reviews. So, its not weird that they list this weird Liza thing.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:34:10 AM

This Fork thing started after that Bitcoin cash news explode.  Now,  a lot of hard forks are getting created because of the main purpose,  money.  Now I think Bitcoin Liza is just another one of those pump and dump altcoin.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:18:50 AM

I admit that this "Bitcoin Liza" has a funny name and I can't resist to laugh. I wonder why they named it that way? Grin But anyway, if this is another attempt to pull down the price of bitcoin then I'm not scared anymore because bitcoin already prove itself enough that it cannot be drag by the large number of altcoins out there. I think this is just a fake news but if it is real, then I'm sure that it will have the fate like other forks have — still defeated by btc.
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:48:12 AM

yes, I saw a message from yobit in email, but did not have time to read it. I do not think it's important so I do not read it, you do not have to bother with it. this is just altcoin that takes the name of bitcoin. yes maybe what you say is true. and this is a joke
bakgwei

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:33:20 AM

It seems you can only get this new token at the rate of 1:100 when you had your bitcoin at Yobit at the time. I doubt that too many people will have that anyway....
nipponbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:42:43 AM

BTW after "Bitcoin Liza" announcement, unknown LiziCoin token was pumped up 191% at Yobit Smiley))
https://yobit.net/ru/trade/LIZI/BTC
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:53:10 AM

I think most of us received an email with that. I think based on the email there are 2 forks that takes place in december 16 and also january 16 2018 i dont know if it is true but it is base on my email and also the email of my friends though the name of the bitcoin fork is really annoying to pronounce and also it is something weird but it is still fork and we dont know what will happen next
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:01:01 PM

Yobit always inform there your with email notification about new listing coins to exchanger. In such way Yobit send mail to every user. Even I have also received.

But, LIZI and LIZA are two different coins listed on Yobit exchanger. LIZI is already available for exchange. But still LIZA not listed on exchanger. Soon will get listed counter is running.

Not have any info about LIZA on coinsinfo section of Yobit.
nipponbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:10:40 PM

I think most of us received an email with that. I think based on the email there are 2 forks that takes place in december 16 and also january 16 2018 i dont know if it is true but it is base on my email and also the email of my friends though the name of the bitcoin fork is really annoying to pronounce and also it is something weird but it is still fork and we dont know what will happen next

"balances (1:100 btc) will be added 29 nov"
So it cannot be fork from december 16
Manny Pacquiao

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:27:04 PM

it's still not clear whether it is phishing and spamming or fork from the yobit exchange creators Huh
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:54:49 PM

it's still not clear whether it is phishing and spamming or fork from the yobit exchange creators Huh
I think this is not phishing but indeed the status of this coin is not clear, If Bitcoin Liza is only available in yobit exchange then most likely it's just shitcoin
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:57:11 PM

that is really unfair though. Yobit should do these kind of announcements much faster. 44 hours (according to the email i received) is not enough time to act on it. i don't check my Yobit-related email every day to catch these things. and i have already missed dumping YOB2X thing which they did for SegWit2x coin because i saw the email late otherwise i would have made some deposits!

with that said this one is not worth the effort. it is a 1:100 distribution and a worthless airdrop too. and the project seems mostly like a joke to me anyways.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
dianepot

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:58:49 PM

i received an email about that bitcoin liza .. i didnt read that email actually coz i thought it was just an advertisement or whatsoever ..
but if its another altcoins or fork , i hope this is not just a shitcoin seeking for an attention  Grin
tr3yson (OP)

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:55:47 AM

One thing I'm sure of, those forks are categorized into unofficial forks since there were really no formal announcements. Real forks will be announced right, including its progress and developments until crypto community knows that a specific fork will push through or not. Maybe this Bitcoin Liza is not a fork, I guess its just another ERC20 based token which name was based in Bitcoin to attract other crypto users. 
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:00:18 AM

I don't udnerstand..
Is it fork or only fake fork on Yobit?
If I hold my bitcoin can I get Bitcoin Liza too?

Strange situation: fork, fork, fork... Grin
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:39:30 AM

I'm very suspicious to all new forks, so, I would not waist my money on that fork.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: