Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:31:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think people will turn to Monero?  (Read 1192 times)
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

Yes i think so,because monero has the largest community in the anonymity coins,however theres more coins out there but if the users are considered monero has it.

Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:36:15 PM

One thing about Monero and these other anonymous coins is, ok let's say someone sells a 1969 Corvette his grandpa had in the barn. He wants to sell for Monero so he can avoid taxes. His buddy is cool with that. That guy (if he doesn't have Monero already) has to go out on an exchange and buy it with fiat, and then when his buddy with the car gets his Monero, he has to change the 25000 back to fiat or keep it in  Monero and be limited in how he can spend it. So he's gonna still have to pay taxes on it one way or another.  Like (illicit use example) it'd be cool for buying some weed for the buyer, but if the seller was ever gonna get ahead and buy anything, he's gonna get taxed when he cashes it in and deposits to his bank account. The anonymity is cool, but I don't see where the government is really getting ripped off on the taxes, as a matter of fact, in that example they're getting taxes on a transaction that normally (with cash) there would be no taxes. So maybe the government will actually be cooler about it then people are speculating.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:44:34 PM

Yes i think so,because monero has the largest community in the anonymity coins,however theres more coins out there but if the users are considered monero has it.
The large community would still be a benefit for its growth. Monero has a spike of $100+ in last 30 days. On 30th Oct 2017, it was at $87+ and now its at $205. This indicates that people have already turned to Monero. Its really overwhelming to see likewise Monero, other top coins have started growing up. More investors would surely pitch into Monero. Good to see Monero growing faster.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Chamone

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:53:55 PM

When bitcoin becomes more regulated, do you think that people will turn to Monero to keep their financial freedom?

Yes. Particularly initial investors who gambled their money to support crypto currency and build it to what it is today. I wouldn't however invest all in Monero as other currencies like Verge have their own advantages.
HypeToken

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 07:57:35 PM

Unfortunately, privacy coins are a very niche market.
Actually, normal blockchain technology is fairly anonymous already, so those who want ultimate privacy are really looking for specific use cases.
Of course, the first things that spring to mind are all unsavory transactions: contraband, illegal goods, tax evasion, etc.
But not all use privacy coins for these things.

With that being said, I believe that monero is the best privacy coin out of all of them.
Dash has a higher market cap, but it is highly plagued by questionable development and acts.
There are coins out there with some really impressive features, like cloak coin, but monero has the ultimate benefit of being an established company with a trusted product.

With all of this in mind, I believe that monero still has a lot of room to grow.
The last couple of months it stabalized around 90 to $100, now, when the prices stabalize again I think it will keep above $100, then shoot towards $200 in the next bull run.

Tada! at over $200 now  Shocked
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:01:08 PM

As far ask I know,  Monero has the nicer and strongest community so this tells a lot. Monero is one of my favorite coins yea.

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

karasuri

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:39:09 PM

What is holding Monero back is the poor marketing strategy the team had, see Dash for example they spend a lot on marketing and that is reflecting in their price but Monero seems to be contented with their status, I don't see it surpassing Bitcoin not now

sometimes a bad reputation can not be fixed
I've no idea about how the marketing strategy can affect the monero's reputation and can you tell me the more about that? Because the monero is not like dash and another coin to advertise their coin to the public and attract a lot of people to buy it. Basically, monero is a privacy token and it's really different with dash.

Well, yes, they are different but dash has much better marketing than monero. I think, in this respect, they should take an example from dash.
Qpeep

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:23:20 AM

There are other anonymous coins which probably are safer and less traceball, I've read monero has some controversial issues...
StGermain (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:55:05 PM

The added privacy makes it one of the best coins to actually use as money. I still find it to be among those that are mostly good for people making larger transactions, given the relatively large fees transacting with it involve.

Are there many competing coins in the privacy sector / area?

youok

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:29:40 AM

maybe yes maybe not, there are a lot of coins out there. the price of monero on this morning is great. I do not think investors will keep their money in just one coin. if I have enough funds, I want to buy some  monero coin to be hold .  Wink

babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:44:36 AM

Firstly, I do not think bitcoin can be regulated! User of bitcoin that buy bitcoin from govrrnment regulated third party will be regulated along with their service provider. Monero's market is anonymous and  is quite different from bitcoin
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:02:16 AM

When bitcoin becomes more regulated, do you think that people will turn to Monero to keep their financial freedom?

Well, the bitcoin network itself can never be regulated by an external entity .The rules are hardcoded into the open source software, and the only regulation that could happen is regulation in terms of buying and selling of bitcoin.

And of course there is the worry of tainted pieces of BTC being tracked by the government, and monero/zcash etc. eliminates that loophole, essentially.

I'd say buy Monero as a hedge against this event, but don't go all in with it.
europe-asia-marathon

Activity: 249
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:05:59 AM

Probably yes. Monero is one of my coins. I have MAnero. Wink
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:10:35 AM

Monero haven't gained the time importance among the common users. This has been used as an pairing trading asset with bitcoin. Already bitcoin us functioning in a regulated manner. We cannot deny that it is completely unregulated. Based on the necessity changes will take effect on the regulations. Based on this very few might switch to monero, that too now impossible considering the price increase taking place with bitcoin.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:54:13 PM

One thing about Monero and these other anonymous coins is, ok let's say someone sells a 1969 Corvette his grandpa had in the barn. He wants to sell for Monero so he can avoid taxes. His buddy is cool with that. That guy (if he doesn't have Monero already) has to go out on an exchange and buy it with fiat, and then when his buddy with the car gets his Monero, he has to change the 25000 back to fiat or keep it in  Monero and be limited in how he can spend it. So he's gonna still have to pay taxes on it one way or another.  Like (illicit use example) it'd be cool for buying some weed for the buyer, but if the seller was ever gonna get ahead and buy anything, he's gonna get taxed when he cashes it in and deposits to his bank account. The anonymity is cool, but I don't see where the government is really getting ripped off on the taxes, as a matter of fact, in that example they're getting taxes on a transaction that normally (with cash) there would be no taxes. So maybe the government will actually be cooler about it then people are speculating.

Taxes should be ways paid, or countries where you live cant work. Yes, countries will need to adjust its fiscal policy in the near future. The point of Monero is that is fungible. That means that every Monero is worth same as any other. Like Gold is fungible. Also that your buyer or seller cant see how much money you have. Imagine you go on vacations somewhere and buy your family a diner and waiter in that restaurant uses blockchain analysis and see you are actually a multimillionaire. Dont you think it could give him an idea to kidnap you or one of your family to try to get ransom? Transparent blockchains are way to dangerous to be used widely.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:35:19 PM

Adjustability bitcoin does not mean that users will reset the adjustable bitcoyne and switch to altos, such as monero. Adjustability first of all means the stability of relations and protection of the owner bitkoin in case of violation of his rights. Therefore, people will continue to invest in bitcoin and that it will become regulated.
     Monero is a promising coin with a good future and the confidentiality of its transaction. However, there are many good altcoys now.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:45:50 PM

Yeah, a lot of people intrested on totall anonymity, that's why this coin increase in price and the intrested always growing for it, and other altcoins which have anonymous blockchain have the same popularity from investors

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:50:29 PM

maybe yes maybe not, there are a lot of coins out there. the price of monero on this morning is great. I do not think investors will keep their money in just one coin. if I have enough funds, I want to buy some  monero coin to be hold .  Wink
I dont think people will turn to Monero, yes there are many altcoins. So I dont think users will just into use of monero because there are other altcoins with great potential. Though Im interested monero but as most traders they will look for other altcoin that bring to them a huge profit.
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:44:58 PM

Taxes should be ways paid, or countries where you live cant work. Yes, countries will need to adjust its fiscal policy in the near future. The point of Monero is that is fungible. That means that every Monero is worth same as any other. Like Gold is fungible. Also that your buyer or seller cant see how much money you have. Imagine you go on vacations somewhere and buy your family a diner and waiter in that restaurant uses blockchain analysis and see you are actually a multimillionaire. Dont you think it could give him an idea to kidnap you or one of your family to try to get ransom? Transparent blockchains are way to dangerous to be used widely.
I'm actually saying that with using crypto, the government gets taxes on transactions that would normally not be taxed. It makes it a good deal for the government, so they share in the benefits of crypto with us.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:58:29 PM

Why not? If the government of countries has made rules that make disadvantageous for community of digital coins turn to monero is best choice or any other digital coins that has feature of anonymous and protect our privacy, bitcoin and some digital coins are like monero and Dash coin is very protect our personal data identity that's more important and i don't think there is related with financial freedom with protection the privacy, they are both different, what i know financial freedom is we will always get the income although we don't work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: