Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:52:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO good or bad?  (Read 2083 times)
Onika84

Activity: 1554
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 07:24:11 AM

Maybe we need added with 'the ugly', its looks like a movie. The good director, actor or actress sometimes can produce a good movie but in other side bad for collecting funds.

I am new to Crypto market. There are too many ICOs out there. How do one decide if an ICO is good or bad?
welL all ico provide some good testimonials an positive videos to gain some client. But to avoid such problem we cannot exactly figure it out what are the good and bad ico. In fact the good solution is to seek some Positive and negative feedback on it Before to invest.  Which is from the investor That currently  invest through the ico . So that no need to risk.

As lablab03, we need re-search before decided to invest our money. The term bad in here its mean scammy or maybe not profitable for short / mid-term?

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:31:20 AM

This is a very complex question. In fact, you can not define it in any way. The only option for you is to invest in popular ICOs which have long existence on the market.
The fact that the ico with a lot of the interest from the investors give us the decent profit in the future, I see some of my friends were participating in the ethlend ico and they are all getting around 50% from their investment and this time they are all already sold their shares to the market. That means the promising ico can be determined from the community.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Tory26

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:33:01 AM

It depends on what ICO you mean. Be careful when choosing:
- check their LinkedIn,
- ask questions to the team (good if they have professional advisors),
- check their product/MVP/prototype (if it's absent that's bad)
- read attentively WP.
Also, I always paying attention to news feed before the ICO and after.

Now my top ICO is e-Chat
Kryptogenie

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:48:53 AM

ICOs are both good and bad as well. It depends on particular ICO and its business plan. These days there are so many ICOs are in the market and half of them are scams. It is important to get a complete information about product, team, work progress, future business plans and legal authority of ICO before investing.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:51:36 AM

some ICO are good  the rest shitcoins. so better to study first the roadmap and whitepaper. Invest what you can loss. dont put your eggs in one basket. happy earning to all
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:03:08 AM

Out of 100 ICO, 95 of them are bad ICO as in they will lose like 90% of their values once it hit the open market. That is why it is so important to filter out the bad ones from the good ones.

One main factor that can be used to seperate is the available of working products and the company. For example, Appcoins ICO already have a working product: Aptoide and they are having 200million of active users. This is going to be huge.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:08:20 AM

first, you need to search info about the dev and the team behind the ico, talk to them about their project, what they want with the project. the more info you can get, the more you will know the project. besides that, you can learn about their project is good or not so you can determine by yourself about to join or not. after that, you need to read about their white paper and ask them if you don't know something and you can give your idea to them so they can give something good for the investor and the community.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
DIW

Activity: 476
Merit: 131

DIWtoken.com

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:13:02 AM

I am new to Crypto market. There are too many ICOs out there. How do one decide if an ICO is good or bad?

To discover whether an ICO is good or bad, a scam or legit, you must discern what the actual problems are and from there you will have a clearer view on ICOs. Below i've shared a few key elements to help you see the problems ongoing in the ICOs nowadays.

The first problem would be that there are too many scams. So called developers conjure up an idea to make money and unfortunately some members of the community become the victims of scams. The reason why they are scams is because of the next couple reasons.
Not all ICOs have a real plan or concept. The ICOs whitepaper and roadmaps are not accurate, not achievable or legit. There is zero vision and no actual mission, ultimately the ICO will go nowhere. These types of ICOs usually do not finish successfully and hardly raise any funds to support their project.
Finally, ICOs nowadays have no experienced teams. Having a team, a solid Board of Members and Advisers is most definitely the number 1 element in any ICO. The team is what will make things happen in the project. They need to maintain the project, be supportive and thrive to make the ICO successful.

These are some reasons to discern if an ICO is good or bad, and by giving this small piece of information you can decide better and discover a successful ICO.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 08:19:50 AM

ICO's are the best when it comes to profit but the the sad reality is the fact that it is a super risky investment. Nowadays, ICO's are common and as an investor we already know how to deal with it even though we're new into it because before it is like we are engaging into the battle wherein we need to get rid of the possible consequences. I don't believe that we intentionally spend our money to a scam ICO since we have an instict but the problem is we take chances without having proper knowledge into such investment that's why we lost our money and time. Don't be fooled with a nonsense project and too good to be true projects making a lot of research will help us in making the right decission.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:29:43 AM

ICO are good, at least they are better than HYIP which can make heavy promises and payment but never fulfill any of them and they are all full of scam.
But there are some ICOs that are becoming more like HYIP, they scams people after buying their tokens.
Before entering into any ICOs or purchasing their token, you should try to monitor them closely before buying their token.
RieL

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:34:52 AM

Yes the crypto world is big and there are some good ICO and bad ICO in order to avoid them you just really need to do your own research and also you need to know what ico your are working for lastly go find some cryptoworld friends and ask them what is their currently ICO and in that it can lessen the research
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:38:53 AM

Ico is a good project but not all the ico is good. So that before you inter their project you need to be careful, read and understand to avoid wrong way to earn money.

It depends on the ICO you are investing or joining. Generally, ICO is a good thing because it let's small time business people to have more people invest in them for it to prosper. However, the bad side is, many people are using it to take advantage of other people and scam them of their earnings, if not, trick them into working for them without getting anything in return. That's why many people think of ICOs very negatively.

CrisBrown12121997

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:43:10 AM

I think ICO is always good but it depends on your skills to find a the ICO
As for me, I like smth suitable w the time- earning))
I found the same ICO- 'My time coin' and I believe it's a good idea to invest there
JoBiLee

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:49:45 AM

It was good but nowadays it is bad
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:34:40 AM

Yes too many ICO now but low quality of project so that many project failed then many investor lose their money. I think now should be any regulation to protect investor and to be project more in quality. Good and promising ICO is they should be has working product and purpose of the project really interesting and can to solved some problem.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
goldencrowboss007

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:41:59 AM

I just choose ico c large hard cap, they usually take a few x's after the exchange. This is the most ambitious projects that deserve attention
johnrickdalaygon

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:48:26 AM

Right! there are a lot of ICO's today but some of them are bad. To know if the ICO is legit or doing good things you should do a research and read all the information about them. also, check if the project is transparent because most of the scammer ICO is doing things behind the public and keep their transactions privately that is why they will easy to run your shares or investments. Goodluck to you!
ACC_Nakamura

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:59:54 AM

You need to figure out, but decent coins will grow properly
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:03:47 AM

Unless the project was a scam, it will take a while to know if the ICO you invested in is good or bad.  For example, I invested in the Waves ICO and in the beginning things weren't looking too good but today I am very satisfied with my investment and am glad that I held onto my ICO tokens and did not dump them.
tororoshka

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 10:03:56 AM

I advise you to be more careful now. At the moment, about 100 ICO's are coming out every day and choosing good numbers is not so easy. Read the road map, white paper, look at the composition of the team. Good luck!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: