Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:25:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the price is falling, the price is falling!!!  (Read 3509 times)
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:11:57 AM

In regard to the 100Million not being a big number point I made, have a look at this video, it kind of puts things in perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7LQu-eIOO0
It is not doubt that most people come to BTC is because they think they can get rich on it.(Based on fiats) if the liquidity methods are restricted, which part makes you think 100 millions of USD will be put in ? and the video is prior than MTGOX issues its restriction on the withdraw.

Well if the winklevii twins thing happens there will suddenly be no liquidity problems (for investors). That problem will be solved, and suddenly there will be a whole bunch of institutions (not just people) drawn to BTC, because they think it could make their investors rich.
They sell their BTC as a trust fund, and that looks like nothing to do with our coins...if they got approve,then it is mean people who buying their coins can instantly cash in or out...but it will be a good mile stone for sure, because it may replace MT.GOX as a new price index....

I will be more than happy , I hate people in MT.GOX, especially those speculators, they look like playing a game like who get sold first and who buy back at lowest, again and again ,those guys creating volatility and destroying the faith of long term investors, and scary potential investors.  

massivebitman (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 03:22:20 AM

In regard to the 100Million not being a big number point I made, have a look at this video, it kind of puts things in perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7LQu-eIOO0
It is not doubt that most people come to BTC is because they think they can get rich on it.(Based on fiats) if the liquidity methods are restricted, which part makes you think 100 millions of USD will be put in ? and the video is prior than MTGOX issues its restriction on the withdraw.

Well if the winklevii twins thing happens there will suddenly be no liquidity problems (for investors). That problem will be solved, and suddenly there will be a whole bunch of institutions (not just people) drawn to BTC, because they think it could make their investors rich.
They sell their BTC as a trust fund, and that looks like nothing to do with our coins...if they got approve,then it is mean people who buying their coins can instantly cash in or out...but it will be a good mile stone for sure, because it may replace MT.GOX as a new price index....

I will be more than happy , I hate people in MT.GOX, especially those speculators, they look like playing a game like who get sold first and who buy back at lowest, again and again ,those guys creating volatility and destroying the faith of long term investors, and scary potential investors.  

Well I think it has everything to do with us and Mt. Gox because as I understand it the trust will buy more coins?

At the end of the day those coins have to come from somewhere, and until something better comes along Gox no doubt will be one of its sources.

hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 03:29:09 AM

I actually checked the wallet of AVALON chips. Total number unchanged at about 77,000 BTC. I guess the high demand in the past two month (when avalon open for order) is somehow related to the sales of avalon chips. Now that avalon order is closed. There will be few demands. 

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:41:30 AM

Well I think it has everything to do with us and Mt. Gox because as I understand it the trust will buy more coins?

At the end of the day those coins have to come from somewhere, and until something better comes along Gox no doubt will be one of its sources.
At this moment I would only say to you wait and see...

in addition, I am monitoring to the Global noods of QT clients everyday, it is only around 930 nodes connected to the blockchain everyday...I am worry that once a day the long time need to do a transaction confirmation will also be a hidden risk of BTC and its ability to as a currency...

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:50:34 AM

At this moment I would only say to you wait and see...

in addition, I am monitoring to the Global noods of QT clients everyday, it is only around 930 nodes connected to the blockchain everyday...I am worry that once a day the long time need to do a transaction confirmation will also be a hidden risk of BTC and its ability to as a currency...

The length of time for transaction confirmation is already an issue I would think.   But I think it is a problem that could eventually be solved with more services.  Perhaps by having an escrow service, or third party location, where people can store their BTC and have the coin already confirmed and ready to use so there is no down time?  Of course the biggest issue will be security for the company that is holding those coins.  For those people with much coin they would not want to leave it there long.  Perhaps only put the btc in when you know you are going to spend them.  That sort of thing.  I am sure this has been discussed somewhere on the board though.  These are just my thoughts on this.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:12:43 AM

The length of time for transaction confirmation is already an issue I would think.   But I think it is a problem that could eventually be solved with more services.  Perhaps by having an escrow service, or third party location, where people can store their BTC and have the coin already confirmed and ready to use so there is no down time?  Of course the biggest issue will be security for the company that is holding those coins.  For those people with much coin they would not want to leave it there long.  Perhaps only put the btc in when you know you are going to spend them.  That sort of thing.  I am sure this has been discussed somewhere on the board though.  These are just my thoughts on this.
Be patient, that sold today would be high chance that can buying back cheaply, based on several mathematics assumptions.... Grin
MT.Gox said it will suspend the USD withdraw for two weeks, we are approaching that date...MT.Gox considering as a Price index so far, if they can't back to normal, another panic selling is just ahead....I guess bitstamp will be a victim of MT.Gox , we can get very cheap coins in there by that time..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: