Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: trading vs holding  (Read 3817 times)
gudrun

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:07:29 PM

Under what circumstances is trading preferred over holding?
Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.
I believe that you should continue to hold at the moment, can see that bitcoin prices are recovering extremely strong today and are showing the market is showing signs of recovery again. So you can rest assured and keep the coin. According to my analysis, the bitcoin price will reach $ 7700 in the coming days, so you can buy bitcoin at this point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:57:16 PM

for now daily trading is very profitable than you do a hold. I say that because Bitcoin prices are so unstable right now. In one week I see BTC prices are very fluctuating drastically.
So in my opinion, it is not right if you do hold Bitcoin.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

marqonah

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:12:41 AM

Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.
trading is a very profitable one for those who do it. the preferred trade when the price starts to soar, so it can sell it for a high price. and from there it will get considerable profit. what more if it used to buy at a low price, and now sell at a high price. it is very profitable.
but in trade also requires skills, by knowing the basics of trading.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 05:01:01 PM

for now daily trading is very profitable than you do a hold. I say that because Bitcoin prices are so unstable right now. In one week I see BTC prices are very fluctuating drastically.

I agree with this one, daily trading is very profitable since the price of bitcoin is on its up and down that is why buying at dips and making an exit is easier. However, it is also the good time to invest in bitcoin since there is a dip. However, just like what you have said, the price of bitcoin is very unstable right now that's why if you are willing to do the risk, then having bitcoin for a long term hold will be a good idea, too. There's no specific time or date when to do trading or holding, as long as you have the money, the skill and good decision making, then you can do both.
liivii

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:18:22 PM

For me long term holding is the best move to maximize na full potential of bitcoin while on the other hand alt coins are best when it comes on short term holding or what we called trading. Everyday bitcoin price is slowly going down but who knows tomorrow or next week bitcoin will rise again and go back to its normal track because as you can see bitcoin is so unpredictable and just a blink of an eye the price of it can boost up again like what happened last year. Alt coins except ethereum for me are best when you play them in the market by buying and selling on the same day because unlike bitcoin that hard to predict, you can easily feel the outcome of a coin when you carefully examine and observe the movement of it in the market.
totholio

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:27:57 PM

Every time is started trading I just "lost" profit, I think even if someone holds they should sell atleast some of the profit because anything can crash.
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:34:17 PM

well, I guess trading was a very unpredictable because their market whether altcoins or Bitcoin are both volatile. Meaning, if you are doubtful about the price increase or decrease, I think it is much good to hold it at least losses will be prevent anyhow.
C. Bergmann

Activity: 803
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:40:50 PM

When there is an extreme volatility going on with that particular coin or token then I prefer trading but if I'm a bit skeptical and decided that it would definitely pay in the long run then I would hold.

It is just as simple as that. It really depends on the circumstances. You just need to determine which is much preferable to do whether trading or holding.

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▄█████▀▀            ▀▀█████▄
▄███▀       ▄████▄       ▀███▄
███      ▄██████████▄      ███
███    ▄██████████████▄    ███
███    ████████████████    ███
███    ▀██████████████▀    ███
███      ▀██████████▀      ███
▀███▄       ▀████▀       ▄███▀
▀█████▄▄            ▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TOKEN SALES
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 05:53:28 PM

Only trade if you have the skills to do so. Trading takes a lot of research and risks. Only take risks you can afford to. Holding is a less risky strategy if you buy low.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
outdatedruff7

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:32:28 AM

I want some suggestions relating to the issue because I am just a new guy in the forum
anhcuti24

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:34:56 AM

The simplest solution is to do both, 50-50 and done.  Roll Eyes
Tnt1971

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:29:35 AM

Two boths depend upon its nature and time. Now price is so cheap and this time holding is the best action on the other hand when price is good position then trading is appropriate.

♦♦  SokuSwap  ♦♦
──   I use Soku, do you?   ──
robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:04:26 AM

If you know how to trade so that profit is always greater than loss. Then trading is much better than just holding assets in your own hands.
My vote is also for trading. It can yield more profits in lesser time than simply keeping the coin in the wallet. But trading is also far riskier than holding. The chances of facing a loss are high and a lot of patience plus guts are required to keep on going with this profession. But if someone reads all the details about this profession as well as his asset, it is not impossible to become a successful trader.
Trading is good and in the benefit of those who can not enter into Bitcoin investment. With trading you can go step by step and takes your time to upgrade. But holding Bitcoin is good long term investment because you and earn a lot by waiting some more time and round about you can earn and get huge profit within a year.
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:18:57 AM

If you know how to trade so that profit is always greater than loss. Then trading is much better than just holding assets in your own hands.
My vote is also for trading. It can yield more profits in lesser time than simply keeping the coin in the wallet. But trading is also far riskier than holding. The chances of facing a loss are high and a lot of patience plus guts are required to keep on going with this profession. But if someone reads all the details about this profession as well as his asset, it is not impossible to become a successful trader.
Trading is good and in the benefit of those who can not enter into Bitcoin investment. With trading you can go step by step and takes your time to upgrade. But holding Bitcoin is good long term investment because you and earn a lot by waiting some more time and round about you can earn and get huge profit within a year.
You can do both, trading and investing at the same time, if you will succeed in trading then I would say you have a good chance
to be a successful long term investor as well. In trading, you need to constantly check the market, read the news and that would help you to be more educated and we know being smart gives us advantage.

Elai101

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 08:53:47 AM

trading is a very profitable one for those who do it. the preferred trade when the price starts to soar, so it can sell it for a high price. and from there it will get considerable profit. what more if it used to buy at a low price, and now sell at a high price. it is very profitable.
but in trade also requires skills, by knowing the basics of trading.
I prefer trading than holding. For me it is more challenging way yet profitable one.I just can't stand at the side holding my coin and wait when to sell. We all know that trading is more risky but atleast you did something.With good technique and strategy trading is a good learning skill to be develop more.
Jambolb2

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:15:10 AM

I don’t know for sure which one of them is much better, but I’m not the type of person that likes to rely on only one source of income. I prefer to work on various ways and make sure that my income comes from various sources, cause one might fail you one day when you least expected it. So if you ask me, I will choose the both of them. You can also trade while holding some. Bitcoins, it’s possible.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:27:09 PM

Capital management is bigger than making profits.

Most trader/investors never realize the importance of the same & keep sticking to their false perception of hodling/ FOMOing/ panicking. Capital management is what makes you winner in every kind of market (bear or bull). Crypto is highly volatile asset with least liquidity, including bitcoin and all of tradable assets on exchanges. Don't stick to opinions , be versatile in your thoughts. Try to identify the trend. Holding in a bear market have costed some people depletion of 70%-80% of their portfolio and holding shitcoins had costed some a total wipe out of their portfolio .i.e bitconnect, Centratech CTR.

An approach with a mix of TA & FA is needed while entering or exiting a position. FA is required for assessing the future potential /development of a coin/company .
It's like understanding the product & it's market/demand. While TA can give you a good entry or exit price. Sometimes an asset have immense potential, but when market trend is down, it keeps declining & sometimes market trend is so parabolic that even shit starts flying till it hits the ceiling. Here comes the TA part. It gives a nice entry & exit points/zones.
one key56

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:51:31 PM

I prefer to trade because I can make profit faster, I think holding back does give me a big advantage but the problem is time
logan16j

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:46:43 PM

I think that at the moment you should buy and hold, the market in recent days is showing signs of huge decline, the price of bitcoin and altcoin are continuously reduced for several consecutive days. This is the opportunity for you to gather the potential coin at extremely cheap price to trade. In my opinion, only bitcoin prices will recover to $ 8000 tomorrow.
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:00:15 PM

I think that at the moment you should buy and hold, the market in recent days is showing signs of huge decline, the price of bitcoin and altcoin are continuously reduced for several consecutive days. This is the opportunity for you to gather the potential coin at extremely cheap price to trade. In my opinion, only bitcoin prices will recover to $ 8000 tomorrow.
you called the exact time or your tomorrow can be understood in any way? I think that in the near future from bitcoin, we should not expect active growth. The maximum he is capable of, it's almost 7000 dollars.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: