Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:33:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin just a brand?  (Read 1503 times)
pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:04:08 AM

no i did not agree with you, well we do not have the same information yes but in my opinion why bitcoin is more famous than other is because what you were talking is altcoin while bitcoin is one of the foundation of crypto currencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sudah_wisuda

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:26:39 AM

Litecoin is faster, monero is more private, ETH has smart contracts and there is much more altcoin with much more features, even Bitcoin Cash is faster than Bitcoin, but BTC keeps rising much faster.
Don't you think it's just because of the name?
Probably because Bitcoin has pioneered quite a while, so the increase is faster than other coins. Indeed, the development of other coins is also fast but I'm sure Bitcoin will not be replaced and still in trust by the crowd.
thunderclup

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:53:27 AM

Im not thinking like that because bitcoin is not a name or a brand bitcoin is a great source of income that helps many people around the world, if bitcoin is a brand why that bitcoin is very popular and many people are still crazy and many people not are welling to use bitcoin.in fact bitoin is valuable and not just a brand only.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:01:32 PM

Bitcoin is not just a brand you will see that if you check its price, its rank in all cryptocurrencies. Highest Market Cap, price and volume everyday what more if we reach the 21m supply?. Bitcoin is the foundation of every cryptocurrencies, some crypto are created in the likes of Bitcoin.
Cretify

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:03:19 PM

Bitcoin is gonna change the world
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:04:24 PM

Litecoin is faster, monero is more private, ETH has smart contracts and there are much more altcoin with much more features, even Bitcoin Cash is faster than Bitcoin, but BTC keeps rising much faster.

not just the name, bitcoin is the ORIGINAL one crypto-currency. meaning the majority is relying on bitcoin as the main crypto-currency. even there are more altcoins exist which has a better features than bitcoin, bitcoin more valued among them because of popularity and demand on some other country that slowly adopting crypto.
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:06:15 PM

I think bitcoin has the connection to other crypto currency. I think bitcoin is the foundation of other crypro is because bitcoin is the one who first created crypto currency and so the other cypto currency create. Bitcoin is really not absolute and that  is not because of the name. It is to encourage the investor to invest so bitcoin is not absolute.
ManuelManuel

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:29:18 PM

I think a huge part of their success is the brand and the fact they were first. No other coin has the security of bitcoin so that is definitely a factor in its success. Its also looked on as a store of value unlike other coins. I do think if and when lightning network gets up and running transaction fees and times will make bitcoin a way better means of day to day transactions
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 12:56:23 PM

It's not just because the brand value but the potential of growth, development and current volume which is making Bitcoin popular day by day. It is possible that any other coin can take less time to confirm but it is also possible that coin can not sustain for the long term so not only the speed and fee matters but we should also consider sustainability aspect while analyzing coins.
mosbyhimym

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:58:43 PM

So the question why the diamond is much more valuable and better than gold but they still use Golds as the main thing for trading ? It's not about their advantages , it's about how regular you're using it.
1C6fV5DtakfKANLJ8GUV7hCaA

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Crypto Marketer For Whales

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:09:14 PM

BItcoin is a technological advancement and a tool. It is not just some brand that does business to make money.

Buy Reddit Accounts & Upvotes
Discord: Playerup#6929
Telegram: @redditfactory
lautantepi

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:28:40 PM

Bitcoin is the first coin to be most people who invest after consuming bitcoin has been widespread, no matter your argument that much, People just want to make more money and now he offers it, That's enough reason for your average person to invest on bitcoin.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:38:23 PM

More than a brand... A brand per se does not grow in value... The bitcoin has seen tremendous value increase and has impacted the way we live either directly or indirectly.... There are many things the crypto world (more than bitcoin) has brought to date.....

Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:55:56 PM

I do not know any about programming, though I understand the concept of cryptocurrency. It is true that there are a lot of coins whose much faster transacting than Bitcoin, yet Bitcoin still the number 1. How could we compare that if their community is way much lesser than Bitcoin, right? Only we can compare BCH, Monero, and LTC to BTC is when their price and the circulating supply is close enough to Bitcoin, that is when we can see if they can still be that faster. And I doubt it.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:56:04 PM

Litecoin is faster, monero is more private, ETH has smart contracts and there are much more altcoin with much more features, even Bitcoin Cash is faster than Bitcoin, but BTC keeps rising much faster.
My answer about that is when you asked people about crypto the first thing that comes in their mind is bitcoin because bitcoin is the first digital coin have been created and aside of that it has a strong support of community that is why many investors interested to invest their money in bitcoin so the value is always higher than the other crypto currencies.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:58:40 PM

Bitcoin is the foundation of every cryptocurrencies, some crypto are created in the likes of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin was the foundation of crypto, which in current times isn't really valid anymore. We're at a point already where if Bitcoin for whatever reason can't deliver anymore, or for example vanishes entirely, the current top altcoins will take over and steer this market to the next level. Sure, Bitcoin's absence will be felt initially, but this market doesn't depend on just Bitcoin anymore, that's the reality. It just shows how this entire industry has evolved to the next level, and it shows how resistant it is if one aspect of this industry can't deliver anymore. In other words, crypto in its entirety is unstoppable.
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:50:14 AM

I do not think Bitcoin is just a band.This the best source and dependable for the future.It's just virtual currency in the market. It is considered as a gold standard for the exchange of cryptocurrency.And can be transferred to local currencies.
sebschw

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:57:06 AM

As a cryptocurrency, bitcoin is certainly a well established brand with a good (and bad) history, you can compare it to any giant world corporation, however if you still go on to discuss bitcoin as a parto of the blockchain network, then we will open such aspects as: community, payment systems, ico's, etc. This can no longer be regarded as a separate product, it is not something standing alone, but only part of one large network.
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:52:06 PM

I don't think it's just the name but the things that Bitcoin has accomplished and proved. For how many years Bitcoin has been facing all its no believers and bashers but still proved them wrong. With all the lives it has changed, its value is still increasing every year, it earned and gained the trust of people because they had experience the fruits of their trust and belief in Bitcoin. So even if there are a lot of other coins out there, claiming they are better, faster and all the things more than Bitcoin, it has to be more that words and some hype, we need real life stories, prove your worth first and maybe then one of you may take over the place of the King.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:05:27 PM

To the new comers attracted by bitcoin price surges over the years, bitcoin might be a brand. It is actually not, Bitcoin is money that is not controlled by any governments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: