Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:39:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RTBTC - Bitcoin Exchange Trading Interface  (Read 13735 times)
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:25:11 PM

+1 for BTC-e

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 04:14:28 AM

+1 for btcchina

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
overunity

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:54:08 AM

I really enjoy the layout that you have going for your self there however could ya support say CoinBase.  BitStamp has there issues as well and we all know Mt.Gox Biggest issue. I have had issues still even my self wtih bitstamp paying in USD even getting money to it.

At least now the platform supports arbitrage between 2 exchanges .

I'am surprised how quickly Clarke implemented Bitstamp ,excellent job  Wink
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 01:20:42 PM

Okay so when I setup a bunch of limit orders  in MtGox/EUR they tend to dissappear after a while in the order list, but then if i switch to MtGox USD, all my EUR orders reappear.

So the orders are there, but not showing up correctly.

I'm using Safari and OS X Maverick.

Clark (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 03:01:54 PM

Okay so when I setup a bunch of limit orders  in MtGox/EUR they tend to dissappear after a while in the order list, but then if i switch to MtGox USD, all my EUR orders reappear.

Thanks for mentioning this. I will have to look into it.

joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 05:31:02 PM

Thanks for mentioning this. I will have to look into it.

Sure thanks for the great software Smiley

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:23:44 AM

Feature request:

Is there any possibility that we could set custom colors for Indicators?

We can do this for the main chart but not for everything else....

Edit: Another feature request:

Could you find a way to separate the Text output from the graphs? Depending on the graphed lines it can make it sometimes hard to read.

Or better yet, a "console mode" where we can specify the kinds of output we would like to see as text only. (instead of graphed)
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 02:50:17 AM

Is there any possibility that we could set custom colors for Indicators?

Probably.

Could you find a way to separate the Text output from the graphs? Depending on the graphed lines it can make it sometimes hard to read.

Or better yet, a "console mode" where we can specify the kinds of output we would like to see as text only. (instead of graphed)

Where would the text go?

Could you describe "console mode" more clearly?

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:02:52 AM

Where would the text go?

Could you describe "console mode" more clearly?
Hi, I made a mock-up of what I would love to see "ideally".

The console text would ideally be static (non-scrolling) so that you can easily read the state of the market at a glance. I did a mockup to give you a rough idea where folks could add indicators or other factors in whatever specific order they need.

===================================

But I would be fine with a simple separator (if the above too hard to code) to keep the graph from drawing onto/behind/ontop of the text.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:22:23 AM

@ Clark

If you need anything like more details please let me know!
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:02:22 AM

@ Clark

If you need anything like more details please let me know!

I understand what you're asking, and I have an idea of how to do it.

I'm just not sure it is going to be very high priority any time soon, especially when the choice is between adding more exchanges and this new module.

n4ru

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:37:30 PM

Love the platform, and plan to stay subscribed to it for a while.

I do have 2 issues with it, however. One is a bug, the other a feature that Mt. Gox even has but RTBTC doesn't seem to have.
1. If you execute a buy/sell order and then add more onto it, then attempt to cancel the first one, the site occasionally bugs out and sets it's status to "undefined". This is fixed by refreshing, and seems to be mostly visual, but is frustrating nonetheless during high volume, high trading periods. Additionally, sometimes orders just don't disappear after being cancelled (which happens to me on Mt. Gox itself, however), and it's equally frustrating having to refresh to verify.
2. No buying by setting price per coin and total amount to spend? This is pretty basic and I can do this on Mt. Gox itself. I hope I'm overlooking the feature somewhere, but having to set the amount instead of the total spent is incredibly annoying since I have to calculate/estimate manually during fast trades.
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 09:52:20 PM

I do have 2 issues with it, however. One is a bug, the other a feature that Mt. Gox even has but RTBTC doesn't seem to have.
1. If you execute a buy/sell order and then add more onto it, then attempt to cancel the first one, the site occasionally bugs out and sets it's status to "undefined". This is fixed by refreshing, and seems to be mostly visual, but is frustrating nonetheless during high volume, high trading periods. Additionally, sometimes orders just don't disappear after being cancelled (which happens to me on Mt. Gox itself, however), and it's equally frustrating having to refresh to verify.
2. No buying by setting price per coin and total amount to spend? This is pretty basic and I can do this on Mt. Gox itself. I hope I'm overlooking the feature somewhere, but having to set the amount instead of the total spent is incredibly annoying since I have to calculate/estimate manually during fast trades.

Thanks for the feedback.

1) So you put in "Buy 1 @ 100" then "Buy 0.5 @ 100", then cancel the first order and the bug happens?

2) Order Entry is due for a revamp, and this is in the works. You want the "sell BTC to get X fiat" and "spend X fiat on BTC" modes, correct?

n4ru

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:59:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

1) So you put in "Buy 1 @ 100" then "Buy 0.5 @ 100", then cancel the first order and the bug happens?

2) Order Entry is due for a revamp, and this is in the works. You want the "sell BTC to get X fiat" and "spend X fiat on BTC" modes, correct?

1. Something like that. It's hard to duplicate it all the time, but placing multiple orders and cancelling previous ones seems to cause it more often than not for me. Not entirely sure why.

2. Yes. Perhaps having 3 text boxes with checkboxes next to them, allowing you to select 2 out of 3 to manually set, then have the last autofill?
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 11:40:03 AM

please please please add a china exchange or two.

If it'll motivate ya more, charge people per exchange...i.e. 1 exchange version 1 BTC, 2 exchange version 2 BTC ,etc. ...

I guarentee alot of people would be happy to pay double or triple the price for more exchanges, I know I would.

Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 03:59:18 AM

Version 0.2.7 Released
  • Logarithmic charts option added
  • Highlight price columns option for the order book, similar to bitcoin.clarkmoody.com
  • Minor theme bugfix

blo8i

Activity: 960

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:30:44 PM

is it possible to get like a 3-7 day trial? i want to see all the goodie charts and all that before i invest money in it. i know it´s only 10$ but i rly want to see how it all works.
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 05:18:56 PM

is it possible to get like a 3-7 day trial? i want to see all the goodie charts and all that before i invest money in it. i know it´s only 10$ but i rly want to see how it all works.

The minimum subscription is 15 days (0.010495 BTC at current rates). Quite an affordable experiment if you ask me Wink

gnix72

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:43:38 PM

I love your software...I'm beginning to hate the bitstamp API.

Not your issue though.

Adding more exchanges, since both GOX and Bitstamp seem to have their own unique problems would be good...and we really need stop loss orders.
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 05:52:46 PM

Adding more exchanges, since both GOX and Bitstamp seem to have their own unique problems would be good...and we really need stop loss orders.

I couldn't agree more, on both counts Smiley

There are multiple concerns with stop orders:
  • They would need to be executed on these same exchange APIs, and usually lots of stops will be hit when the market goes crazy, which is the same time the APIs usually stop working
  • The market can move very fast, so if you have a sell-stop-market order then you could get a very bad price. But a sell-stop-limit order could be left behind in a receding market.
  • Stop orders place some risk onto RTBTC, since a server glitch could fail to send the stops, or the realtime feeds could fail, leading to stops executed after the market has moved past them. Then the users are mad at RTBTC, and mad users are no fun.

But more exchange support poses way less risk than stop orders, and there will be more exchanges supported SoonTM.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: