Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:43:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RTBTC - Bitcoin Exchange Trading Interface  (Read 13735 times)
realcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:03:59 PM

Great adding Bitstamp
Question:
Save exchange setting to layout? Would it be possible to set up a separate layout for each exchange, that I can switch between my account by only clicking my saved layout? Yet it does not work.
Thanks

I am not "Realcoin REC"! There were no REC when I sign up the forum...
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realcoin

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:55:54 PM

Would it be possible to "pin" a window over the other? E.g. T&S over Visual Depth like this. T&S disappears all the time behind Visual Depth, but not the Orderbook window.

I like to have Visual Depth on the full width of the screen. Would it be possible to have the scale on both sides, left and right?
Thanks

Clark (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 08:14:10 PM

Save exchange setting to layout? Would it be possible to set up a separate layout for each exchange, that I can switch between my account by only clicking my saved layout? Yet it does not work.

I think layout should remain independent of exchange setting at this point.

But in the coming versions, there will be some changes regarding layouts and exchange + pair.

Would it be possible to "pin" a window over the other? E.g. T&S over Visual Depth like this. T&S disappears all the time behind Visual Depth, but not the Orderbook window.

I like to have Visual Depth on the full width of the screen. Would it be possible to have the scale on both sides, left and right?

The last-clicked module will be on top, but in general, the modules are not meant to maintain any stacking order or overlap too much.

Left and right scale would probably work. I also need to add in the fiat amount to get to each point on the visual depth.

realcoin

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:39:18 PM

OK, thanks.
The last-clicked module will be on top, ....
Strangely T&S window  won't! I tried also to put it on the right side and the order book on the left... all the time I switched to an other layout T&S window disappears behind the Visual Depth.  Huh

Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 08:51:33 PM

OK, thanks.
The last-clicked module will be on top, ....
Strangely T&S window  won't! I tried also to put it on the right side and the order book on the left... all the time I switched to an other layout T&S window disappears behind the Visual Depth.  Huh

There are no guarantees when switching layouts! The modules are most likely created in the order you first added them to the layout.

realcoin

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:58:52 PM

There are no guarantees when switching layouts! The modules are most likely created in the order you first added them to the layout.
But this works for me now, I added the Depth first and than the other windows!  Grin
Thanks!

Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:01:47 PM

Absolutely worth the price of admission.   Wink

Couple of issues on the Bitstamp side:

1.  On Refresh-Sometimes active orders do not display on "Visual Depth" or " My Order".  Have to switch between Gox and Stamp to get it to display.
2.  High, Low, Volume and VWAP amounts do not display on ticker.  Switching to Gox and back to Bitstamp will then display Gox data in the ticker.   Huh
3.  The sound does not work for "price trade up" or "price trade down".  Works fine on Gox.

Other than API issues which I don't think can be attributed to you, this platform continues to impress.  

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 10:30:20 PM

Absolutely worth the price of admission.   Wink

Couple of issues on the Bitstamp side:

1.  On Refresh-Sometimes active orders do not display on "Visual Depth" or " My Order".  Have to switch between Gox and Stamp to get it to display.
2.  High, Low, Volume and VWAP amounts do not display on ticker.  Switching to Gox and back to Bitstamp will then display Gox data in the ticker.   Huh
3.  The sound does not work for "price trade up" or "price trade down".  Works fine on Gox.

Other than API issues which I don't think can be attributed to you, this platform continues to impress.  

The My Orders bugs are being worked on right now.

Bitstamp does not send ticker information in the live stream. I'm working on a way to get the high/low/volume information in there, but it would need to be polled.

The sound bug for Bitstamp is also being fixed. Look for an update this week.

Thanks for the feedback.

Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 04:38:09 AM

Version 0.2.8
  • Revamp of My Orders handling - See Note1
  • Removed some checks in Order Entry to allow exchange to validate orders
  • Show user orders in the Order Book and on the Chart
  • Fixed a sound bug such that trade sounds would not play for Bitstamp

The above image shows two open orders on the chart and the buy order is also highlighted in the Order Book.

1A Note on the Bitstamp API
Placing an order on Bitstamp seems to take place quickly, but getting that order to show up in the open_orders API call may take a significant amount of time. Same story with cancelling an order.

The RTBTC platform will show the user exactly what it gets from the Bitstamp API. Here are the steps to get 'buggy' behavior:
  • Place an order
  • Place another order
  • Cancel the first order
  • Original order shows up in My Orders, new order is gone

This behavior exhibits the laggy nature of the Bitstamp API. I've decided that the RTBTC platform should not guess at the true state of your wallet or open orders. It simply reports what the exchange gives it. If you would like to see this 'bug' go away, please open a support ticket with Bitstamp, asking them to fix their API.

Here is an example you could send to the support team at Bitstamp:

Quote from: Otherwise Happy RTBTC User
Dear Bitstamp Support,

I absolutely love the RTBTC platform, but odd behavior in your API makes my cancelled orders show up even after I cancelled them.

Please propagate the user orders to the API call database quicker so I can enjoy RTBTC more thoroughly.

The call giving me trouble is open_orders.

That is all. Thank you.

madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:23:21 PM

I know you are working on them but wanted to add a +1 for BTC-E.  Gox just makes me too nervous to have any money in lately.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:49:10 PM

Version 0.2.8

This behavior exhibits the laggy nature of the Bitstamp API. I've decided that the RTBTC platform should not guess at the true state of your wallet or open orders. It simply reports what the exchange gives it. If you would like to see this 'bug' go away, please open a support ticket with Bitstamp, asking them to fix their API.

Here is an example you could send to the support team at Bitstamp:

Quote from: Otherwise Happy RTBTC User
Dear Bitstamp Support,

I absolutely love the RTBTC platform, but odd behavior in your API makes my cancelled orders show up even after I cancelled them.

Please propagate the user orders to the API call database quicker so I can enjoy RTBTC more thoroughly.

The call giving me trouble is open_orders.

That is all. Thank you.

Thanks for all the hardwork Clark.  Your prompt attention to issues, makes me wonder why you yourself, haven't launched an exchange. I'd be the first to sign up.   Wink

Support ticket submitted and look forward to your continued updates.  Thanks!

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 06:12:19 PM

Your prompt attention to issues, makes me wonder why you yourself, haven't launched an exchange. I'd be the first to sign up.   Wink

Let's wait until the US Government makes a pronouncement on Bitcoin's legal status. Until then, no bank in the US will touch a Bitcoin company (for the most part -- Coinbase notwithstanding).

InternetExpert

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:53:56 PM

I just started using RTBTC and I've noticed a problem when trading with Bitstamp. Orders disappear from the order book as soon as they've been at least partially filled. Orders that have not been completely filled should obviously remain in the order book, but they don't. This doesn't appear to be an issue with Bitstamp because the live order book on their site continues to show the orders, and they only disappear once they've been completely filled or cancelled. I'm using v0.2.9.

I've also noticed that the account balances often don't update for a while or at all, but that could be a Bitstamp issue. I'm aware that their API isn't the best.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:59:43 PM

will you be adding BTC-E soon or another exchange? I'd like to trade LTC instead of BTC.
Many thanks,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 09:33:27 PM

will you be adding BTC-E soon or another exchange? I'd like to trade LTC instead of BTC.
Many thanks,
Brian

Everything is coming SoonTM Wink

Yes, more exchanges will be supported at some point. I would like to get the alt-coins into RTBTC as well.

Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:08:14 AM

Many thanks,
Brian

Everything is coming SoonTM Wink

Yes, more exchanges will be supported at some point. I would like to get the alt-coins into RTBTC as well.

okay, do you have an ETA?
Thanks Clark

Avalanche is a must own
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:37:46 AM

CampBX please Smiley

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:18:58 PM

CampBX please Smiley

there is already bitstamp. Not many people use camp BX. So I think it's important to get other crypto currencies than BTC.

Avalanche is a must own
twinkl

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:27:52 AM

First of all thank you for your product.

Are there any plans for btcchina support and a dom as half as good as jigsaw?
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 04:45:09 PM

First of all thank you for your product.

Are there any plans for btcchina support and a dom as half as good as jigsaw?

Thank you, and yes. The issue here is the lack of streaming real time data. Some solution will have to be created on the server.

a dom as half as good as jigsaw?

What?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: