Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:54:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which makes sense to buy a bitcoin or to buy a altcoin?  (Read 1635 times)
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:15:28 AM

Yes! Investing in Bitcoin or Altcoin depend not only on the amount of money you have but also the ability to take courage to invest  irrespective of the soaring Bitcoin or the low Altcoin prices. Some people will want the price of Bitcoin to drop very low before investing since it is the first crypto and people rushing in while some people will invest whether the price is high or low.There are people also that will take advantage of the low prices of altcoin to invest and see it grow in the long run. In a nutshell,investing on both make sense and profitable it all depends on what you want to achieve .
Redg85

Activity: 258
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 01:48:14 PM

if i have the pocket full of money to invest in cryptocurrency and i have to choose between bitcoin and altcoin i would split it 50/50. why? as you can see bitcoin's price is increasing non stop while altcoin is just slowly going there.

DABANKING  - The Decentralized Gaming Platform
▸ Minning DAA Token NOW, Earn ETH Lifetime!◂
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:04:32 PM

I want to buy altcoin or bitcoin for investment purposes before January
Which one do you recommend to buy?
Or some bitcoin and some altcoin?

Bitcoin is a good investment but the price is quite high now. But you wont have to worry about buying it high because the value of bitcoin almost always increases. If you buy altcoin i suggest ethereum because it is the most stable altcoin. Considering its stability, the increase in value takes too long but still it usually increases.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:14:17 PM

I would recommend you to buy both (60% and 40% bitcoin and altcoin, respectively). There's no doubts that bitcoin will rise in value sooner, or later, but with altcoins, unlike with btc, you should be careful and check its price every day, if not hour, because their price is much less predictable, but it all depend on which alt you choose, I would recommend ETH, it is stable, but there's no guarantee that its price will alter much.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

both are sensible,because we will investing or using our funds to purchase
bitcoin or altcoins.but for long time investment?maybe go for ethereum.because
the alt has a big potential.i dont know what will be the price it can hit,but surely
ether will make difference next year
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:02:47 AM

Well it will make sense if you would invest during low price.
A wise investment needs a good foundation so you should choose wisely. For me, bitcoin is a good investment because it's possible to grow in the coming year. But I can also see great potential in some alts like ETH and LTC. No doubt that these alts are also good quality coins.
Bitcoin urges higher but in alts you can invest cheaper. So you better split up your investment and it's up to you in which you will invest you money in greater percentage.
But invest what you can afford to lose.
leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:30:51 AM

It is a tricky question as no one knows the exact answer. People can share their opinion but then they cannot for sure say where to invest and how much. The saying is "Invest only what you can afford to lose". Diversification of investment is what we all need to go ahead with. I never invest on ICO because most of them are just scam. My money is between BTC and AltCoin(especially POS coins). In today's scenario, it is difficult to say which coin will be successful and which will be not because even though the project will have all whitepaper, team and plan laid out, the next thing you know is the project closed and people lost all their money.

So before investing, keep the eyes , mind and ears open. If you cannot afford to lose the money you are about to invest then you are better off with something else.

Thanks and have a nice day.
Blinker123

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:49:48 AM

I would say bitcoin, bitcoin's value is growing up or should i say it is pumping that is why there is no doubt that it's value will be growing higher and higher, i also recommend you to try alt coins but choose the best and i think the best altcoin so far is the electroneum which i heard it's value is pumping so far.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:57:36 AM

I would say bitcoin because its value is increasing and very high at the moment but its coin is very unstable that is the negative part, but on the brighter side i would still choose bitcoin
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:07:47 AM

On Bitcoin is more difficult to increase their capital.
Therefore, I advise you to invest in such Altcoins: Litecoins, Ethereum or BCH. With the help of them, I think, you can multiply capital.
But Bitcoin remains the best for long investments.

Red Lanterns

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:29:11 AM

Bitcoin is more safety, but the profit will be seen in a long term. Talking about altcoins, of course it is more risky, but in case of success you will have a greater reward in a very short time. You can go the way by splitting your invests

❤️🍓💋Your Guide to Sexual Education and Freedom 💑🍒💌
👉🏻 RED LANTERNS 👈🏻
Onepager White paper Telegram chat Ann Thread
9tails

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:46:34 AM

It's makes sense to buy altcoins nowadays because bitcoin now is too expensive to buy.Altcoins has a good rising nowadays you can trust them.
jk9694

Activity: 274
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:49:30 AM

You can act in a universal way and buy 50% of that and another currency), and even better to buy other types of currencies from the top 5-10
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:15:42 AM

You should buy bitcoin for investment, up to now bitcoin still pumping up but if your not used to bitcoin I also recommend ethereum.
Well Bitcoin is really good for investment, same with Ethereum which can be the next Bitcoin in the nearest future. It will make sense if you will buy both Bitcoin and Altcoin. Bothe are good in different ways. Bitcoin and Altcoin will make you successful in the future.
cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:31:16 AM

I suggest both if you can afford to, some Altcoins are decent enough to give you more profit that Bitcoin would.
Ethereum is on the rise steadily, lower price coins like Cardano or Stellar can also give good profit in the long run too.
But i would suggest going 50/50 in bitcoin and altcoins to be safe.
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:20:33 PM

A few years ago, It would of been just 90% bitcoin investment. Now i would say invest 50/50 in Bitcoin and Ethereum because its more affordable this way and you will get profit from both now.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:45:04 PM

If you dont have enough time to investigate ton of new altcoins you can just buy and hodl btc - in that case it would be the right decision. If you are interested in crypto and its technology and want to know more about it - you can get some alts. For example, my focus is on btw, go to btw topic to find out more. You will be interested Wink

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
david_019

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:48:00 PM

You can have it both. Only make a personal research so  that you are investing in a right team.
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:25:51 PM

Bitoin yes, and hodl to the end. Altcoin if you can afford to lose more.
ZenRoy

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:27:17 PM

Very correct. Altcoins have greater risk factors than Bitcoin since the latter has already dug a solid foundation with a whole lot of people invested in it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: