Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:41:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will any Crypto Surpass Bitcoin  (Read 1276 times)
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:29:42 AM

Surpassing in what aspects, when you talk about price the are some coins that have passed bitcoin in price like the shitcoin and at that bitcoin is less priced then bitcoin. But when you talk of the value bitcoin is valuable more then any other cryptocurrencies, may be their will be a coin that can surpass bitcoin in future but for now NO.

Pardon? Is the meaning of price and value are differ to each other? I don't think so.
However, I agree that nothing will surpass bitcoin as the price nor its value is too far from other alts and even in eth. And as always bitcoin proves that he's the king and will hail forever.

kasansa

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:52:38 AM

As far as concerned to bitcoin crypto currency no any currency will surpass because bitcoin is in its peak and will be lead for the coming years not less than 25 , and firmly stand in high place between the other currencies. 

fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:53:40 AM

Nothing is impossible. But that won't happen anytime soon. Looking at various developments of krger projects gives me hope that anything could happen to bitcoin soon. Its not FUD, but I think bitcoin is too overrated. And now that the price is insanely high, it could come crashing down at any moment.

Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:57:38 AM

I just woke up this morning and saw the recent price of bitcoin and its really alarming high! so i wanted to know, could there ever be a crypto that surpasses the mighty Bitcoin??

We cannot know. But in my opinion it is a NO, bitcoin would always lead. Almost every people who are new in the crypto world first knew bitcoin before other coins, that thing explains how bitcoin is much bigger than other coins and comparing the price of bitcoin to the alts, it is completely far.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:00:13 AM

It will be difficult but possible. So, if it will surpass bitcoin, it must be something so good that it can replace something like Bitcoin that has been able to establish its name. But then, since the conceptnof crypto is like a stock market, everything is unpredictable.

senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:00:58 AM

At this stage, no other crypto can surpass Bitcoin, Bitcoin is already above the bar of $16,000 and it is not coming down any soon. When bitcoin value starts falling and its technology gets outdated there will be some other coin to take its place. Technology always get outdated and its more than 7 years that bitcoin has emerged in the market and in all these years better coin with better functions have also approached the market. It's just that their fame is diminished like Bitcoin fame was diminished in 2010-2016.
frmracc

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:04:07 AM

I just woke up this morning and saw the recent price of bitcoin and its really alarming high! so i wanted to know, could there ever be a crypto that surpasses the mighty Bitcoin??

At this point no other crypto that can surpass bitcoin value and almost all altcoins also depend on the price of bitcoin, when the bitcoin price increase, other altcoin decrease, it always happen like this. The price of bitcoin is really high right now and it can even go more higher, so i'm not sure it can happen.
Powerman001

Activity: 510
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:25:49 AM

I guess for now nothing can beat the greatness of bitcoin. because now everyone is familiar with bitcoin, and not necessarily anyone knows the other cryptocoins. And as we know his fantastic price is hunted by the investors. Let's invest in bitcoin.
godrey123

Activity: 188

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:35:10 AM

this is an old question here in bitcointalk, well the only answer that I can give you is just a speculation and if I know what coin will surpase bitcoin I will invest all the property and money I have to that coin.
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:39:21 AM

i can sure rightnow no other cryptos can surpass bitcoin, bitcoin is too powerful that it has dominated the whole market and its price make a very far distance with other cryptos, so maybe in the future bitcoin may be defeat by other coins but not rightnow at least for few years.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:16:23 PM

Surpassing in what aspects, when you talk about price the are some coins that have passed bitcoin in price like the shitcoin and at that bitcoin is less priced then bitcoin. But when you talk of the value bitcoin is valuable more then any other cryptocurrencies, may be their will be a coin that can surpass bitcoin in future but for now NO.
May be in near future a powerful crypto currency can pass bitcoin. But i don’t think so. In term of price nowadays bitcoin is almost 16k. Which is very high price. If we talk and term of investment and trading if look to bitcoin exchange it move like a rocket. In all aspects bitcoin is better. So in future i predict no currency can super pass bitcoin.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:44:54 PM

No altcoin can surpass the main coin shich is Bitcoin,demand and supply is the rule working here,No coin can be in high demand and acceptance globally the way Bitcoin is trending.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:18:12 PM

No altcoin can surpass the main coin shich is Bitcoin,demand and supply is the rule working here,No coin can be in high demand and acceptance globally the way Bitcoin is trending.

I don't think any altcoin currently has what it takes to over take bitcoin even though there are good promising ones as well but they are all forks of bitcoin one way or the other and just showing semblance of bitcoin and  so i don't think anyone will leave bitcoin for something similar without assurance that it will be better or equal to bitcoin in the future.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:30:45 PM

I don't think any altcoin currently has what it takes to over take bitcoin

Bitcoin can't be taken over. It's the first ever crypto currency, where the most important aspects are its insanely powerful and secure network, and the actual usage and adoption that come with it. People initially were hyped about Ethereum, and even labelled it as Bitcoin killer, but it didn't exactly live up to that. I don't understand why so much people focus on what will be replacing Bitcoin. Every altcoin (at least those that actually serve a purpose) is doing what it needs to do in its own category. One is offering privacy features, the other is more about tipping, etc. It's great to have a well diversified crypto space.
Faroxx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:32:05 PM

Capitalization - Yes. Soon Ethereum will pass bitcoin in market capitalization. For the price - no.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:46:32 PM

Well bitcoins are the first crypto currency and is at the top of all the crypto currencies and it's prices is around 19$, no other coins is even near this price.But a altcoin which would have a chance of surpassing bitcoins would definitely will be ethereum as it has the potential to do and is getting popular and it's prices are increasing.Ethereum has lightning fast transactions with very low fees and people are using them for trades.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:10:38 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 08:16:10 AM by ladydark

No.Not yet.No altcoin seems to have the potential to surpass bitcoin.Ethereum was once expected.Then monero and zcash  were expected since they offer full anonymity of all transactions but they too failed.Now,bitcoin seems to continue even for years as king of crypto currencies.Its really hard for any decentralized currency to get trust among the investor all over the world being not supported by any governments and bitcoin has attained that trust.I think that its hardly impossible for any other crypto currency to get such a huge trust.

NyLymZbl

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:38:10 PM

At first, that's my belief that there is an alt coins that can go beyond Bitcoin, and ETH really is what I believe. But now, the wind blows suddenly because bitcoin reaches the maximum value today. But I still expecting that this is really going to be higher as the world continues to recognize bitcoin.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:15:28 AM

In my opinion and at this moment there is no altcoin that came close to surpass bitcoin. Many people say that ETH will surpass BTC but for me it will take decades or even centuries or even forever before it will surpass BTC. Bitcoin is increasing its value day by day and some or most of the altcoin's price depends on the price of BTC.

SIGNATURE FOR RENT
bonesparka

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:02:29 AM

This is both a yes and no. We can never tell if another cryptocurrency will be introduced. But, Bitcoin as of today is considered the most popular. Topping it now would be a big challenge.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: