Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 08:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will any Crypto Surpass Bitcoin  (Read 1276 times)
tuniscu

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:55:09 AM

I just woke up this morning and saw the recent price of bitcoin and its really alarming high! so i wanted to know, could there ever be a crypto that surpasses the mighty Bitcoin??
At the moment I do not think there is any altcoin that can beat bitcoin but I believe in the future this may happen.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:56:54 AM

bitcoin is not altcoin.other coins are altcoin.bitcoin is main coin and no coin will surpass bitcoin in future Smiley

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:04:40 AM

I just woke up this morning and saw the recent price of bitcoin and its really alarming high! so i wanted to know, could there ever be a crypto that surpasses the mighty Bitcoin??
no and nothing can,only bitcoin will reach that hige amount in the history
of crypto thats for sure,and isnt it given?that being the dominant coins since rhen?
not only because of bitcoin is the first coin and its because its limited volume thats
why its price rising continuously
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:09:40 AM

Presently there is no altcoin capable to surpass the Bitcoin. Ethereum is the best altcoin and in future it may rise high.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:10:57 AM

I would doubt it, really. Bitcoin is running away from the competition and it is far more of a household name (even though it hasn't properly reached that point yet) than anything like Ethereum or Bitcoin Cash. Ethereum is lagging behind Bitcoin significantly compared to the ratios it used to have, and BCH will never pass its precursor. Plus with $7B in volume across exchanges in the past 24 hours, Bitcoin is dwarfing every other crypto that is trying to make headway into the marketplace. It has 56% dominance for the entire crypto economy, and the list goes on and on. There is nothing that is making Bitcoin slow down beyond the occasional bout of bad news or market correction (one which we probably need to see happen again soon).
Cyberczar

Activity: 369
Merit: 100

Crypto and blockchain writing service

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:14:40 AM

Any altcoins surpassing bitcoin would have to do much more and be much more than what Bitcoin is at the moment. That likelihood is slim, very slim if not impossible. I'm not saying it can't happen, but a lot of factors we can't possibly envisage must play out before that can happen.

Presently, the strengths of Bitcoin lies in its being the very first digital currency. But it's much more than that. It has value and utility. Value in the sense that owning it add to your net worth.

It's true there are altcoins that have same properties, except being pioneering and trailblazing but Bitcoin has had a headstart and higher market capitalization and distribution. Beating that would be a tough call.

Despite these, no one knows what's going to happen in the future when all Bitcoins are mined and the nomenclature of the crypto market has changed. No one also knows what effect wider acceptance of protocols such as proof of stake by the more popular altcoins will have on the market. However, for now Bitcoin is the ruler of the cryptocurrency world.

Crypto and blockchain writing service
Powerman001

Activity: 510

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:43:53 AM

for now nothing has been able to beat the greatness of bitcoin. because there are still many who are interested to hold bitcoin for their investment. as we know, the more offers will be the cheaper the price of the goods and if fewer items are available on the market it will be more expensive the price of the goods.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:21:07 PM

Stick to Bitcoin because the price is going up. Although the price is moving up and down, the long term value is high so buy low and sell it later.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:27:26 PM

I beleive some coin will surpasses bitcoin in the future. It would probably be some "made in China" coin, because they are hardware production and mining leaders. Having such resources they are able to create and pump something new or dump bitcoin

having the hardware doesn't make the coin they create any better than the rest of the thousands of shitcoins that are currently out there. it just makes it a more centralized version of the same thing.
and we all know that one of main reasons why bitcoin got this big was the fact that it is decentralized.
There is no coin at this time in crypto market that can surpass the value of bitcoin the other coins values are very low and they seem like a dust particle in front of bitcoin and there is no chance that any coin will come near to the bitcoin as the price of bitcoin is high this phenomena created a rise in price of alts also but eth only climbed 500$ and that’s the 10 percent of bitcoins present value so for me no is the answer,
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:51:30 PM

I do not think this will happen in next 10-15 years. In fact, if the bitcoin prices go down it will also negatively affect other cryptocurrencies.
Yes you are right that is why it has not been possible yet for any cryptocurrency to surpass the Bitcoins in terms of financial market value. The old coins that are being generated everyday are only aimed at achieving high prices and therefore yeah stability is subject to question.

Bitcoins are nowadays at the top of the list in terms of digital assets and according to my perception it would remain so for the upcoming many years.
oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:00:36 AM

There are chances of altcoins and Ethereum to come up and match bitcoins but that will need some time as bitcoins are accepted at many places and stores whereas ETH and other cryptocurrency are not accepted
The media also helps in the value too
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:03:10 AM

surpass on the current price ? well i doubt that any coins can do such bitcoin did. BUT in terms of earning and percentage of growing your money i will go on alts, as bitcoin is so high and so expensive to get 1 bitcoin i will just put my hundred dollar too a 1-20 sat ICO that i know will rise soon this may give you of 2-100x profit sooner or later

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:09:56 AM

There is a remote possibility that it could happen as Bitcoin is still growing and has not reach its climax yet. Growing in terms of gaining more popularity now, you can see that there is still a lot of people who don't know what Bitcoin is. Which means there is still a lot of potential demand in the future, this new people entering into the cryptocurrency market does not want to tryout other cryptocurrencies as they will always try what is the most popular out there which is of course Bitcoin.
DySWv

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 07:46:35 AM

I do not think any cryptocurrency will surpass Bitcoin. Bitcoin is too powerful. The reason why it is the number one cryptocurrency is that it is the first cryptocurrency. There are so many things Bitcoin had already accomplished. The gap between the price of Bitcoin and any other cryptocurrency is way too large.

gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:51:36 AM

Maybe Ethereum can beat Bitcoin. ETH price is below Bitcoin because ETH supply is very large. If only some of Ethereum was burned, I think the price of ethereum would be equal to Bitcoin.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:55:58 AM

I do not think any cryptocurrency will surpass Bitcoin. Bitcoin is too powerful. The reason why it is the number one cryptocurrency is that it is the first cryptocurrency. There are so many things Bitcoin had already accomplished. The gap between the price of Bitcoin and any other cryptocurrency is way too large.
But still there's still a possibility that in later years an altcoin would surpass the value of btc. But for now we see the power of btc as it really skyrocketing. Many ICO also these days that are emerging so there's so many speculations that one day an altcoin will surpass the btc.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:05:49 AM

Surpassing in what aspects, when you talk about price the are some coins that have passed bitcoin in price like the shitcoin and at that bitcoin is less priced then bitcoin. But when you talk of the value bitcoin is valuable more then any other cryptocurrencies, may be their will be a coin that can surpass bitcoin in future but for now NO.
MD Milon

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:25:32 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency.no one defeat it.many of cyptocurrency want to convert it.its popularity and value increase so high
xhoondilan

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:27:05 AM

We don't know that yet for now, maybe in the near future there is someone who can find new ways to mine crypto in a faster way or maybe bitcoin is still the top crypto of all time. Nobody knows the future but what is important is we know what is bitcoin now and how amazing bitcoin is to people.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:27:09 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency.no one defeat it.many of cyptocurrency want to convert it.its popularity and value increase so high

You could have a valid point if you really think so, though there is no Government involved coin yet so it's much too early to tell.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███