Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:30:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units  (Read 48985 times)
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:02:19 AM

Oh look, somebody knows how to use Mental Ray.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xcrowd (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:30:48 AM

FYI, the link to your FB Page appears to be broken, at least I simply get redirected to my regular newsfeed.

Other than that, highly skeptical but watching.

Thanks.

Skepticism is to be expected hence the escrow.

When the time comes nearer I am more then willing to travel to your premises at my expense to verify your hardware, chat with you etc. I'm based in the Midlands.

We will be hosting a set of open days in London, Berlin, Shenzen and the Bay area once the first batch of the test shuttle comes through.

Good luck, I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Cheers

Thats such a small device...

Heat wont be an issue?  Huh Huh

Not with our magic flux capacitor Grin. All in time my friend. Basic technical specs will be on the second post soon.

Oh look, somebody knows how to use Mental Ray.

I am assuming most product companies do as well. Will add a note though to clarify it's a product concept.
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:55:48 AM

We will be hosting a set of open days in London, Berlin, Shenzen and the Bay area once the first batch of the test shuttle comes through.
And when do you expect that to be?

Since you're covering the NRE you must be a well-capitalized group. How much is your NRE cost? >$5 million? Do you have a loan to cover this, angels, or is it cash in-hand?

You have job openings listed, have you ever produced an ASIC before yourself?

Why do you think you can ship by December? Do you have any agreements in place with manufacturers and chip fabs?

Heat wont be an issue?  Huh Huh

Not with our magic flux capacitor Grin. All in time my friend. Basic technical specs will be on the second post soon.
With all the ASIC scams out there, be careful with flip answers like this. Could backfire. I'd suggest either going with a general answer or saying you're playing that close to your chest for now, tech specs to come. Keep it professional is what I'm saying. This kind of answer seems evasive and dismissive, makes me question your professionalism too, which is strange considering you claim to be covering the NRE which indicates a high level of seriousness in this endeavor.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:06:23 AM

And when do you expect that to be?

Since you're covering the NRE you must be a well-capitalized group. How much is your NRE cost? >$5 million? Do you have a loan to cover this, angels, or is it cash in-hand?

You have job openings listed, have you ever produced an ASIC before yourself?

Why do you think you can ship by December? Do you have any agreements in place with manufacturers and chip fabs?

Heat wont be an issue?  Huh Huh

With all the ASIC scams out there, be careful with flip answers like this. Could backfire. I'd suggest either going with a general answer or saying you're playing that close to your chest for now, tech specs to come. Keep it professional is what I'm saying. This kind of answer seems evasive and dismissive, makes me question your professionalism too, which is strange considering you claim to be covering the NRE which indicates a high level of seriousness in this endeavor.

You are correct, that answer did seem a bit out of place. Have to apologies for that, but please understand that we will be only able to release most the details once we are ready to launch. Mainly for competitive reasons but I am able to inform you that the team does have experience in the semiconductor industry and we are working with a reliable design house that is familiar with the process of our first ASIC design.

As I mentioned above, all in time. This thread is just a placeholder to inform the community that there will be an alternative supplier in the market soon.
delaria

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:25:50 AM

This thread is almost useless, as it provides only pipe-dreams, sketchy renderings and  out of thin-air cost estimations.
I think you need something more solid to attract potential investors.

My sixth sense keeps on telling me to avoid this, but i'm open to be proven wrong, with more solid informations.

Delaria
tinoki

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:38:49 AM

I am all  for this setup because they have an open day/house in different cities, they cover their own NRE, their hash rate is the cheapest in this industry and take orders when they have stocks coming in or available. 2 factors that they need is Time and Costs.
delaria

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:00:36 AM

I am all  for this setup because they have an open day/house in different cities, they cover their own NRE, their hash rate is the cheapest in this industry and take orders when they have stocks coming in or available. 2 factors that they need is Time and Costs.

But where are the chip specs, design informations, etc. ? I think that we've seen too many scams on this forum to do the same mistakes all over again.
The only good thing so far is that they are not taking orders without stock IMO.

Delaria
tinoki

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:04:00 AM

But where are the chip specs, design informations, etc. ? I think that we've seen too many scams on this forum to do the same mistakes all over again.
The only good thing so far is that they are not taking orders without stock IMO.

Delaria

They will surely update their website with photos, specs and even video very soon. Wink
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 04:37:37 AM

good luck !  we miners need new low cost products

$5000 for 1 TH product would be great
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:07:33 AM

good luck !  we miners need new low cost products

$5000 for 1 TH product would be great

a 1 TH for $3000 would even be better Grin
Cryptoin

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:42:45 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 10:46:31 PM by Cryptoin

Founder appears to be a scammer but i will let you be the judge of that.  I dug up a bit of info on him.  Looks like he spent a lot of time trying to run investment scams in 2008 and 2009.  Also found his ebay account which basically has negative feedback for every transaction.  He does have a nice website and renderings though. Roll Eyes

A little background on the founder:

NAME: Abdi Mahamud

USERNAMES:

abz123uk (2009 -2012 Twitter and eBay)
rat1on1990 (2008)
Ironicarm (2009)
miggni (2009)
rat1oN (2009)
Amelioratr (2009)
ratman (2009)
Nordstrom (2008-2009)
Niles_Touch (2008)

EMAIL:

info@amelioratecorp.com
Nordstrom@amelioratecorp.com
MAhamud@amelioratecorp.com
Niles_Touch@hotmail.co.uk

PHONE:

44-7930804630

Currently loctaed in Leicester, UK
Originally from Birmingham, UK
Company Registered at the following address
2 City Arcade
Birmingham, B2 4tx

EDUCATION:

Master of Engineering (MEng) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - De Montfort University (2008-2011)
(Seems a bit short for a Masters)
Golden Hillock School (2001-2006)
(High School)

PREVIOUS JOBS/EXPERIENCE:

2011 - Present
Executive Director, Founder - Terra Group FME
Stealth Mode.

2011 - Present
Co-founder - Sophia Jennah Ltd
(Also from Facebook page he was the "Former Director of Procrastination")

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - ITSec Pvt Ltd
Information Technology & Services

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - Logoinn
Graphic Design
to be updated

2008 - 2009
Assistant Marketing Manager - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Assistant Marketing Manager is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.Responsibilities* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data* Assist in implementing the organisations marketing plan* to help manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

2007 - 2008
Project Manager & Sales Agent - E5 Design studios
Animation
As the Project manager I was an integral part of delivering rapid growth to E5'snew business venture : WebLines Media. I was also responsible for direct marketing, establishing brand awareness in the online market and generating both individual and corporate leads as well as face to face selling.

Chief Marketing Officer - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Chief Marketing Officer is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.

Responsibilities

* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities

* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives

* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data

* implement the organisations marketing plan

* to manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget

* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

Owner - Ameliorate Group Ltd

LINKS:

Facebook

Yatedo Profile (Similar to Linked In)

eBay Feedback

Sophie Jenna Ltd. (Muslim Women's Fashion)

xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:54:18 AM

Founder appears to be a scammer but i will let you be the judge of that.  I dug up a bit of info on him.  Looks like he spent a lot of time trying to run investment scams in 2008 and 2009.  Also found his ebay account which basically has negative feedback for every transaction.  He does have a nice website and renderings though. Roll Eyes

I am all about transparency but it seems like you ought to research more before you start slandering people around.

The only thing that can be confirmed above is my name, facebook & company name and registered address. Not sure how the rest has any connection to my name especially the ebay address and those usernames... There are quite a lot of people with a similar name but why bother anyways...

Nevertheless, all that matters is Q.E.D.
Cryptoin

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:01:15 AM

I am all about transparency but it seems like you ought to research more before you start slandering people around.

The only thing that can be confirmed above is my name, facebook & company name and registered address. Not sure how the rest has any connection to my name especially the ebay address and those usernames... There are quite a lot of people with a similar name but why bother anyways...

So you deny all of these?  I assure you there are solid connections between all of those accounts, usernames and companies.  I didn't just search for your name and come up with all of these.  You have weaved quite the web over the years.  I don't take lightly to people with a bit of web development and marketing experience attempting to rip off the bitcoin community.
tinoki

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:10:04 AM

Must be from a jealous competitor, Terrahash.. I thought some are calling Terrahash a scam as well? It is natural in this business world, back stabbing and sabotaging your business when they saw that you could offer $12 per gh/s that may killed off their business, they are naturally scare, ya. But I am sure Asic Chip are dirt cheap and made things affordable is the naturally way to go, not those greedy guys and middlemen!!
Cryptoin

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:12:59 AM

Must be from a jealous competitor, Terrahash.. I though some are calling Terrahash a scam as well? It is natural in this business world, back stabbing and sabotaging your business when they saw that you could offer $12 per gh/s that may killed off their business, they are naturally scare, ya. But I am sure Asic Chip are dirt cheap and made things affordable is the naturally way to go, not those greedy guys and middlemen!!

I don't work for Terrahash nor do I have any relation to them other having placed an order with them.  Which I will be cancelling by the way if they don't give an update in the next few days.
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:13:21 AM

So you deny all of these?  I assure there are solid connections between all of those accounts, usernames and companies.  You have weaved quite the web over the years.  I don't take lightly to people with a bit of web development and marketing experience attempting to rip off the bitcoin community.

My personal Linkedin account is http://uk.linkedin.com/in/xcrowd/

Would love to see how you connected me to all these random usernames. Accusations like this is the reason we are only accepting escrow payments. Calling a Mining hardware supplier a potential scammer on this forum is reasonable but there has to be some evidence to accompany it. Otherwise you're on my ignore list.

Post picture of a black guy .... that'll scare 'em.
Cryptoin

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:19:27 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 06:39:10 AM by Cryptoin

Must be from a jealous competitor, Terrahash.. I thought some are calling Terrahash a scam as well? It is natural in this business world, back stabbing and sabotaging your business when they saw that you could offer $12 per gh/s that may killed off their business, they are naturally scare, ya. But I am sure Asic Chip are dirt cheap and made things affordable is the naturally way to go, not those greedy guys and middlemen!!

This is actually quite comical since looking at almost every post you have made so far on this forum is doing exactly this to other potential or current hardware companies such as KnC, ASICMiner and BFL.  Even referencing $12/GH as the spot hardware manuf. need to be in some posts before this thread was even started.  Looks to me like the pot is calling the kettle black.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 06:48:30 AM

xCrowd Announces New Bitcoin Miner
http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/07/xcrowd_announces_new_bitcoin_miner/

^Reddit

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:50:23 AM

So sick of people advertising vaporware. Its the same story from everyone.

"We have this amazing mining product but just one catch. It doesn't exist yet. Give us your money and we will build it for you."

When is someone going to start acting like a real business and deliver a product they have actually made and can deliver?

Wild wild west.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 06:52:09 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 02:22:08 PM by FCTaiChi

They haven't asked for anything yet, and say that when they do it will be in escrow form.  Nothing to complain about.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: