Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:56:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units  (Read 48990 times)
Xyver

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:22:08 PM

Jesus, reading this thread is like watching vultures circle an elephant.

Chill out everybody, he's said that all details will be released on launch date.  Launch date got delayed a few days, so cool your jets and lets see what happens then.  It's not looking like a scam to me yet, they haven't asked for any money.  It's not one of those companies that says "Hey, we're making a sweet machine, buy one now and we'll ship it to you in 6 months!", its a company that's saying "Hey guys, we're almost done our cool new machine, but we don't want to take your money until it's finished and ready to ship.  But, we will release all of our information and order information in 5 DAYS TIME, so you can tell exactly where we are at."

Everybody just chill out, and lets wait and see where this is going.  You think they'll be able to work any faster if we keep harping on them for information, when they said that they will release information in 5 days?

JUST WAIT A FEW DAYS
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:08:22 PM

Chill out everybody, he's said that all details will be released on launch date.  Launch date got delayed a few days, so cool your jets and lets see what happens then.  It's not looking like a scam to me yet, they haven't asked for any money.  It's not one of those companies that says "Hey, we're making a sweet machine, buy one now and we'll ship it to you in 6 months!", its a company that's saying "Hey guys, we're almost done our cool new machine, but we don't want to take your money until it's finished and ready to ship.  But, we will release all of our information and order information in 5 DAYS TIME, so you can tell exactly where we are at."

Everybody just chill out, and lets wait and see where this is going.  You think they'll be able to work any faster if we keep harping on them for information, when they said that they will release information in 5 days?

JUST WAIT A FEW DAYS
Right when I thought this thread was going to succumb to trolling, someone actually says something sensible.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:19:31 PM

I've said my peace, and was certainly not trolling. I will now sit-back and see if OP lives up to his latest reply here, which seems sensible.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:32:58 PM

And where are all the usual scam busters working the other ASIC threads to vet this guy?

XCrowd was written off awhile ago by most.  Each day I have less confidence in them but this thread isn't that long so keeping tabs does seem to hurt.  You have to provide enough info to vet out and I don't think he has done that. Not enough personal info or technical info has been released so right now its vapor.

And its true that escrow can be a scam too.  Even losing 50% is still a huge loss.  

...actually, I'm only reading this thread because I'm in a holding pattern.  Waiting for KNC and waiting for LTC to grow up.  Doubt I'll check back here after september.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:43:44 PM

And where are all the usual scam busters working the other ASIC threads to vet this guy?

XCrowd was written off awhile ago by most.  Each day I have less confidence in them but this thread isn't that long so keeping tabs does seem to hurt.  You have to provide enough info to vet out and I don't think he has done that. Not enough personal info or technical info has been released so right now its vapor.

And its true that escrow can be a scam too.  Even losing 50% is still a huge loss.  

...actually, I'm only reading this thread because I'm in a holding pattern.  Waiting for KNC and waiting for LTC to grow up.  Doubt I'll check back here after september.

You've pretty much read my mind, I have seen no evidence of a ASIC specific design team or their experience, but Abdi is a solid little marketer I'll give him that.

The escrow as far as I can see serves no purpose other than to tie up and keep your funds hostage from other potential ASIC sales.

Seeing as xcrowd can't be paid by you up until they deliver, and only then the escrow funds are released, what's the difference from just selling from stock when you have the products to hand?

They will almost certainly sell especially if you can compete. People will happily buy off the shelf, over pre-order.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:48:22 PM

Just think what would have happened if these guys had waited till they had a product in stock then made the announcement. They would have been the biggest thing in Bitcoin.... now, not so much.

They should silently fold up this brand... complete the product and then release with a new name later... with real product. And not have this guy be their front man.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:23:44 PM

People are constantly telling me I need to take xCrowd off the list.  At this point they have not accepted a single preorder, and there is no risk.  This is not the regular business model for scammers.

Don't forget there are a lot of incentives out there.  Most companies are just trying to do the best they can, but it would only take one company hiring a sophist to muddy the waters.

What is the worst thing that could happen to a miner?  More miners, more equipment coming out.  It used to be even more common for people to try to dissuade others from getting into mining.

Some people really believe what they are saying and want to help, and that isn't necessarily FUD, but usually turns into it.

Lots of angst for previous scams out there, and that is understandable.  It's a good idea to make an attempt to judge each case with fresh eyes, though.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Cryptoin

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:57:16 PM

Why do we need to appease you who obviously isn't interested in purchasing from us in the future and reposting slanderous allegations. The poster above hasn't provided any proof of the links to those profiles and Abdi from xCrowd and we have already responded to it. You could either continue trolling our thread (you're on our ignore list anyways) or wait for when we release the details like everyone else.

You contacted me on July 5th about my post asking what it would take to verify your identity etc.  See below:

"We understand the skepticism towards any new company in the ASIC mining space and we also do not simply disregard or delete posts that do not agree with us unlike BFL.

We are open towards third party verification and support the need for regulating the forums for possible scams.

However random inaccurate libelous posts like yours would just hurt everyone involved and damage our reputation before we've even started.

We are not requesting that you edit or delete the post but if you are truly independent and not a shill we ask that you advice us on what we could do to validate our authenticity and what would get you to change your post.

FYI

Any request for bribes or other nefarious blackmail attempts would just get posted on the forums by us."

I responded on July 5th asking specifically what you were disputing:

"I have no intentions of misleading anyone.  Can you specify exactly what items in my original post you are claiming are not accurate?  If you tell me which ones you are disputing I will check into them again and certainly if I find I was mistaken I will correct the mistake and issue an apology."

I received no response.  I am still willing to vet any items from original post.  Just let me know which ones are not accurate.
xcrowd (OP)

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:10:05 AM

Abdi's Linkedin, name and the registered company address is the only things in the list that are accurate. It's quite a generic name in the UK of those with the same ethnic backgrounds so if you could link a john to all the possible usernames of johns within the same region the same issue would pop up.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:14:23 AM

This post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248396.msg2641524#msg2641524

Specifically what parts accurate, and what's not?

xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:17:31 AM

Abdi's Linkedin, name and the registered company address is the only things in the list that are accurate. It's quite a generic name in the UK of those with the same ethnic backgrounds so if you could link a john to all the possible usernames of johns within the same region the same issue would pop up.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:26:57 AM

So is that you in the picture, and are you really a "Former Director of Procrastination"??

Founder appears to be a scammer but i will let you be the judge of that.  I dug up a bit of info on him.  Looks like he spent a lot of time trying to run investment scams in 2008 and 2009.  Also found his ebay account which basically has negative feedback for every transaction.  He does have a nice website and renderings though. Roll Eyes

A little background on the founder:

NAME: Abdi Mahamud

USERNAMES:

abz123uk (2009 -2012 Twitter and eBay)
rat1on1990 (2008)
Ironicarm (2009)
miggni (2009)
rat1oN (2009)
Amelioratr (2009)
ratman (2009)
Nordstrom (2008-2009)
Niles_Touch (2008)

EMAIL:

info@amelioratecorp.com
Nordstrom@amelioratecorp.com
MAhamud@amelioratecorp.com
Niles_Touch@hotmail.co.uk

PHONE:

44-7930804630

Currently loctaed in Leicester, UK
Originally from Birmingham, UK
Company Registered at the following address
2 City Arcade
Birmingham, B2 4tx

EDUCATION:

Master of Engineering (MEng) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - De Montfort University (2008-2011)
(Seems a bit short for a Masters)
Golden Hillock School (2001-2006)
(High School)

PREVIOUS JOBS/EXPERIENCE:

2011 - Present
Executive Director, Founder - Terra Group FME
Stealth Mode.

2011 - Present
Co-founder - Sophia Jennah Ltd
(Also from Facebook page he was the "Former Director of Procrastination")

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - ITSec Pvt Ltd
Information Technology & Services

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - Logoinn
Graphic Design
to be updated

2008 - 2009
Assistant Marketing Manager - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Assistant Marketing Manager is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.Responsibilities* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data* Assist in implementing the organisations marketing plan* to help manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

2007 - 2008
Project Manager & Sales Agent - E5 Design studios
Animation
As the Project manager I was an integral part of delivering rapid growth to E5'snew business venture : WebLines Media. I was also responsible for direct marketing, establishing brand awareness in the online market and generating both individual and corporate leads as well as face to face selling.

Chief Marketing Officer - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Chief Marketing Officer is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.

Responsibilities

* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities

* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives

* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data

* implement the organisations marketing plan

* to manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget

* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

Owner - Ameliorate Group Ltd

LINKS:

Facebook

Yatedo Profile (Similar to Linked In)

eBay Feedback

Sophie Jenna Ltd. (Muslim Women's Fashion)

eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:34:20 AM

Maybe is him? because he really never denies. very fishy why he wants to wait for last minute to provide the details?? so that the customers don't have time to check up on him???
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:34:38 AM

So is that you in the picture, and were you ever truly a "director of procrastination"??

Can confirm that is one of Abdi's old Facebook pictures but not sure where "director of procrastination" came from. Even if it was stated somewhere on his facebook or twitter page it's probably just a joke directed at his personal social network rather than on a official profile like Linkedin.
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:36:54 AM

Maybe is him? because he really never denies. very fishy why he wants to wait for last minute to provide the details?? so that the customers don't have time to check up on him???

Define last minute?
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:39:26 AM

Chill out everybody, he's said that all details will be released on launch date.  Launch date got delayed a few days, so cool your jets and lets see what happens then.  It's not looking like a scam to me yet, they haven't asked for any money.  It's not one of those companies that says "Hey, we're making a sweet machine, buy one now and we'll ship it to you in 6 months!", its a company that's saying "Hey guys, we're almost done our cool new machine, but we don't want to take your money until it's finished and ready to ship.  But, we will release all of our information and order information in 5 DAYS TIME, so you can tell exactly where we are at."

Everybody just chill out, and lets wait and see where this is going.  You think they'll be able to work any faster if we keep harping on them for information, when they said that they will release information in 5 days?

JUST WAIT A FEW DAYS

Thanks you.
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:41:38 AM

You could either write us off simply because we haven't posted any details yet or simply continue to read the updates from us to make a sound judgement once you do have the details. You can try as much as you like but you won't see neither a xCrowd representative or our distributors take direct payments until we start shipping.
I think you misread my post. I was wondering why the mention of escrow was removed, not why escrow was there. Of course it's a good thing that there is escrow.

Sorry, the second part of the post was directed at eve. "Reservation" simply means getting a ticket in the waiting list incase we have to delay processing orders next week (still all escrow).
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:46:50 AM

So if that's you in the picture, and that picture came from your Facebook page then according to the link that guy gave with your background info you still are 'Former Director of Procrastination' at you clothing store, Sophia Jenna.

https://www.facebook.com/Amahamud?ref=fs

xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:51:00 AM

So if that's you in the picture, and that picture came from your Facebook page then according to the link that guy gave with your background info you still are 'Former Director of Procrastination' at you clothing store, Sophia Jenna.

You do realise that it's a facebook profile and that it hasn't been updated for months?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:56:18 AM

You do realise that it's a facebook profile and that it hasn't been updated for months?

I know, but c'mon it's not really what you want to come across just as you are about to be asked to trust you with millions of dollars and deliver on time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: