Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:08:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units  (Read 48999 times)
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:05:26 AM

So he is confirming that Abdi Mahamud pictured there is indeed connected with the company.

Will he also confirm that Abdi is the person sockpuppeting the Xcrowd account on here, because he's using language as if that were not so, as if Abdi were not the writer behind the Xcrowd account but another person. Is this accurate?

What is Abdi's involvement with the company? What are his duties in the company? Why shouldn't we be suspicious of a company that would hire someone with "director of procrastination" in their public profile?

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
xcrowd (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:05:53 AM

So if that's you in the picture, and that picture came from your Facebook page then according to the link that guy gave with your background info you still are 'Former Director of Procrastination' at you clothing store, Sophia Jenna.

https://www.facebook.com/Amahamud?ref=fs

You do realise that it's a facebook profile and that it hasn't been updated for months?

I know, but c'mon it's not really what you want to come across just as you are about to be asked to trust you with millions of dollars and deliver on time.

Might not be the best choice of words, but you are really nitpicking here. Regardless of that I don't think you're a shill for anyone, but simply bored. P.s. You won't be trusting no one from xCrowd with any funds and the escrows won't be locked up until the delivery so please don't assume things out of thin air.
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:10:01 AM

Will he also confirm that Abdi is the person sockpuppeting the Xcrowd account on here, because he's using language as if that were not so, as if Abdi were not the writer behind the Xcrowd account but another person. Is this accurate?

This is account was specifically created to interact with the community and prospective customers which the whole team has access to. Any issues with that then don't hesitate to contact the moderators and we would be able to change the way we use this account if we do breach any terms set by the forum.
Anenome5

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

This is account was specifically created to interact with the community and prospective customers which the whole team has access to. Any issues with that then don't hesitate to contact the moderators and we would be able to change the way we use this account if we do breach any terms set by the forum.
You're saying that more than one person has been writing responses for the Xcrowd account to represent your team? Or are you just saying that more than 1 has access but that it's been just one person this whole time so far?

xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:18:50 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 01:42:56 AM by xcrowd

Dude I may well do in future. Convince me.

The burden of proof is on you. we certainly haven't got time to deal with this. Simply wait around until the launch and then see whether we would be a safer bet than companies that are requesting direct payments. Not a single ASIC vendor has delivered on time yet for all their order; the reason why they get away with it is because they've already been paid. (other than ASICMINER)

You're saying that more than one person has been writing responses for the Xcrowd account to represent your team? Or are you just saying that more than 1 has access but that it's been just one person this whole time so far?

Customer representatives, core team members and main investors.

Seems like were falling into the trap of trying to have a civil conversation with trolls. Thank you for your questions but were calling it a day.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

It does seem like the responses are coming from people with different levels of proficiency with English.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:34:41 AM

ASICMiner delivers on time. They are the most professional ASIC vendor at the moment.

IF xCrowd are clueless about this fact, what clue they even have about produce and sell ASIC Bitcoin miners?

Huh
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:43:04 AM

The burden of proof is on you. we certainly haven't got time to deal with this. Simply wait around until the launch and then see whether we would be a safer bet than companies that are requesting direct payments. Not a single ASIC vendor has delivered on time yet for all their order; the reason why they get away with it is because they've already been paid. (other than ASICMINER)

I just don't understand why they need money held in limbo in escrow, when they can afford to get paid when they have the products ready made and in hand?

The only reason would be to prevent people from purchasing elsewhere or to pull some form of scam.

If you have the funds to make the products, there's no need for pre-orders.

If there's a need for pre-orders you need to accept credit card for payment protection. Also by verifying x-crowd through issuing banks and payment processors you will have undertaken significant security profiling and recourse in case of anything dodgy. You by your own admission have time to set this up as you don't need access to our funds until delivery which is what you've agreed to anyway.

I see no need for pre-ordering based on your claims, and I see every reason for card payments and consumer protection Abdi.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:47:07 AM

I just don't understand why they need money held in limbo in escrow, when they can afford release the funds and therefore to get paid when they have the products ready made and in hand?

The only reason would be to prevent people from purchasing elsewhere or to pull some form of scam.

Maybe I missed it but what if a customer wants a refund before the product ships?  Is escrow released back to the client?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:51:38 AM

I just don't understand why they need money held in limbo in escrow, when they can afford release the funds and therefore to get paid when they have the products ready made and in hand?

Maybe I missed it but what if a customer wants a refund before the product ships?  Is escrow released back to the client?

No, and there's zero purpose in not using card payments now we have proven it can be done.

It ads multiple layers of security for all concerned.

There's also zero purpose in any payment as Abdi says they have funding through to production sorted anyway, so what's the point in paying for anything now?

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:55:27 AM

Maybe I missed it but what if a customer wants a refund before the product ships?  Is escrow released back to the client?

No.

Then that is why they want escrow IMO.  It's their hedge against the hash rate exploding IMO.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:59:22 AM

No.

Then that is why they want escrow IMO.  It's their hedge against the hash rate exploding IMO.

Exactly, this is like a real life version of Dragon's Den where you have companies pitching with pretty pictures and promises and you strip away the gloss. With this particular deal there is no sense in paying ahead of time if they can afford to produce at no risk to us anyway. It's a pointless risk on our part currently so they can lock your funds during a period someone else may offer better mining equipment to purchase earlier.

xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:59:58 AM

No, and there's zero purpose in not using card payments now we have proven it can be done.

There's also zero purpose in any payment as Abdi says they have funding through to production sorted anyway, so what's the point in paying for anything now?

There you go again adding random assumptions.  

There WILL be a chance to request refunds for a whole month after our open events as mentioned before.

Night.

If there are any further questions please do contact us by email as this thread won't be attended to as much before Friday.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:02:49 AM

There you go again adding random assumptions.  

There WILL be a chance to request refunds for a whole month after our open events as mentioned before.

Night. If there are any further questions please do contact us by email as this thread won't be attended to as much bwfire Friday.

But the point is, by your own admission you don't need the money. You just want to hold onto people's money and prevent them from purchasing in the time it takes you to create something, good or bad, however long that may take as a company without any IC ASIC experience.

You want everyone to take a risk, when there is no need for them to.

Anenome5

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:13:29 AM

It does seem like the responses are coming from people with different levels of proficiency with English.
To me it seems like the responses are all coming from someone with a slightly deficient proficiency in English grammar, actually. I don't see a radical difference in grammatical ability between the announcements and all of these posts, all slightly off at times. I don't see a shining example of style, or other styles of writing at all. I think it's just one guy posting.

Cryptoin

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 05:33:57 AM

Abdi's Linkedin, name and the registered company address is the only things in the list that are accurate. It's quite a generic name in the UK of those with the same ethnic backgrounds so if you could link a john to all the possible usernames of johns within the same region the same issue would pop up.

So is that you in the picture, and were you ever truly a "director of procrastination"??

Can confirm that is one of Abdi's old Facebook pictures but not sure where "director of procrastination" came from. Even if it was stated somewhere on his facebook or twitter page it's probably just a joke directed at his personal social network rather than on a official profile like Linkedin.

Okay so we went from it is all a lie, to the linked in and address are correct, to also confirming the picture, and then the clothing company.  I am not going through the effort of posting exactly how I got all of this information but it did not come from simply searching for a name.  It primarily came from all of the records of previous companies, companies registered under the same address, e-mails associated with those companies posted under usernames which were then matched to other usernames with the same location, etc.   All of the usernames, e-mail addresses, companies, etc. all have fairly reliable links back to the Abdi associated with xCrowd.  Google any of the usernames, e-mail addresses, etc. and take a look at the profiles, posts etc. and if it isn't obvious to you how they are linked to Abdi then ask and I will provide a specific proof.
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:38:31 AM

So you're saying that all of that what is found behind those names and all of that what has happened, bad reputation or something else, prevent you to purchase from xcrowd now? In other words, if they are all of that what we found, they still cannot make a good company afterwards, if they want?

In other example: I will not name my child with name, who use it someone, who is my enemy. I will not buy that car because, someone that I don't like is driving it ... Smiley
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:45:14 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 12:39:31 PM by Bitcoinorama

Abdi's Linkedin, name and the registered company address is the only things in the list that are accurate. It's quite a generic name in the UK of those with the same ethnic backgrounds so if you could link a john to all the possible usernames of johns within the same region the same issue would pop up.

So is that you in the picture, and were you ever truly a "director of procrastination"??

Can confirm that is one of Abdi's old Facebook pictures but not sure where "director of procrastination" came from. Even if it was stated somewhere on his facebook or twitter page it's probably just a joke directed at his personal social network rather than on a official profile like Linkedin.

Okay so we went from it is all a lie, to the linked in and address are correct, to also confirming the picture, and then the clothing company.  I am not going through the effort of posting exactly how I got all of this information but it did not come from simply searching for a name.  It primarily came from all of the records of previous companies, companies registered under the same address, e-mails associated with those companies posted under usernames which were then matched to other usernames with the same location, etc.   All of the usernames, e-mail addresses, companies, etc. all have fairly reliable links back to the Abdi associated with xCrowd.  Google any of the usernames, e-mail addresses, etc. and take a look at the profiles, posts etc. and if it isn't obvious to you how they are linked to Abdi then ask and I will provide a specific proof.

I'm genuinely trying to play devils advocate here and build up a picture of the individual behind this, who doesn't appear to be as open as he could be with respect to his background and what relevant experience exists. So I think for all concerned you provide as much specific proof as you can, as Abdi won't.

I asked him several times last night about what that was uncovered was real, he only stated is; 'LinkedIn and and register company address.'

Yet that isn't true. When I queried the picture, he said yes and stated it had been taken from his Facebook. As Crytoin, you had provided the Facebook link, when I queried the 'Former Director of Procrastination' he said he wasn't sure, all supposedly through a third party. Yet there it is displayed on his Facebook page.

You provided loads of links and usernames Cryptoin, and clearly Abdi doesn't want it all known, yet it's imperative that any unknown asking for such vast sums is honest and we know as much as possible about them, their experience, and their character.

So seeing as how Abdi isn't being as forthcoming, how can you be sure what is, and what isn't accurate?

Abdi is supposedly asking for large sums of money that he doesn't need until January as he has funding for production sorted anyway. I just don't understand what this all about then. It still makes no sense, there's still no ASIC design team as xcrowd are still advertising, there doesn't appear to be anyone of any IC experience on 'the team'. The only member of 'the team' we know of is Abdi who seems cagey about his past, hasn't made any effort other than to limit his Facebook access now so no more pictures can be found. Abdi needs to be more proactive with this, of course people will research you when you come online and demand millions as an unknown in an area of very specific technical interest.

This is common sense, especially after the Bitsyncom Avalon mess that's also been escrowed!!!

Fact is Abdi claims he needs no money till the products are ready, so why give home any in the first place? People need to apply a little thought before purchasing anything else through this forum that hasn't been proven beyond significant doubt to be real...

eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:42:21 AM

So is he the guy on the photo??
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:49:38 AM

Indeed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: