Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:39:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units  (Read 48999 times)
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:41:40 PM

So Olympus is

Unit Dimensions:  W65"xH60"xD25"

that is in metric: wide 165cm, height 152cm, depth 63cm - good old mainframe times come to my mind.. where big "boxes with fans" did "something" and it was cool Smiley

Yes, they definitely earn the "MOST STUPID PRODUCT DESIGN EVER" award.

Here are a few email responses from colocation service providers I've been trying to get a quote. And I live in high-tech California!!!:

"The issue is that server would not fit into any of our cabinets or racks, they are all 19” wide."   

"I sent the specs of your server to our sales engineer and he informed me
that your server is too big to even fit into a full cabinet and you
would need about 50Amps of power which is a lot. You have a very large
piece of equipment and might need a custom cabinet in order to host it
in a data center.

Unfortunately we would not be able to help you. "

"I'm sorry but in your case we'd have to create a custom cabinet for that and we'd have to charge you at least $4000-$5000 per month given your very large power consumption and space required"

SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:47:07 PM

I think we might need some confirmation from xcrowd on the response above because it seems very similar not only in content but grammar to attempts by eve and his sockpuppets to spread FUD about xcrowd. I find it very unlikely that arorts even contacted them.

Is there a rule against using multiple accounts to try to spread an opinion of a business? I would like to see if it is possible for an admin to check if the ip addresses are the same.

arorts

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:23:16 PM

I think we might need some confirmation from xcrowd on the response above because it seems very similar not only in content but grammar to attempts by eve and his sockpuppets to spread FUD about xcrowd. I find it very unlikely that arorts even contacted them.

Is there a rule against using multiple accounts to try to spread an opinion of a business? I would like to see if it is possible for an admin to check if the ip addresses are the same.

You can fantasize and have any amount of orgasmic dreams about conspiracy theories of having double accounts and all that ip address crap and it's good to know that you find something unlikely but in the end...who cares about opinions. It's all about facts.

My research is based on actual calls with the best colocation providers in the US and perhaps even the planet. Find the same info yourself unless you feel lazy enough to not do your own research. I do spend significant time doing investment projects due diligence. Whether you consider that FUD or not, nobody gives a shit. Facts are facts and if xcrowd is so insecure about its final product design that it had to mega-inflate  its own specs to be on the safe side, guess what? That "safe side" is killing ROI in real terms whether anyone feels FUDish or not. Couldn't care less about that. Argue with facts, that's what you should be spending your time on.

abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:25:50 PM

I actually also agree that those dimensions are way too big. The reason why I'm not concerned is that I will be hosting them myself, in my shed in the garden so even if it's the size of 3 fridges, that would still be okay. But if you are planning to put these in a colocation center, you will probably have some issues.

However, keep in mind that xCrowd already said those dimensions are not final. He will be posting the final ones in a couple of weeks once they have done some more investigational work.

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:28:56 PM

The official forum rule about sock puppets, is they are explicitly allowed (because they can't stop them) coincidently account selling is also perfectly acceptable here.  As far as I have seen the admins will not check IP's (mods apparently don't have the ability).
bitcoinarnold

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:39:16 PM

This is a scam until:

Proof of contracts are posted,
Proof of team are posted
Proof of chip are posted, (die shots, layout etc)

Until then I see no reason why anyone with a brain is putting their money into xcrowd. Then again there are a lot of people on this forums without brains.
ixxi

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:54:52 PM

This is a scam until:

Proof of team are posted

Until then I see no reason why anyone with a brain is putting their money into xcrowd. Then again there are a lot of people on this forums without brains.

I guess you should change 'no brains' with 'risktakers'. I am sure early Bitcoin adopters were called 'brainless' by many people.

But yes, some proof would ofcourse be good.

SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:57:04 PM

This is a scam until:

Proof of team are posted

I guess you should change 'no brains' with 'risktakers'. I am sure early Bitcoin adopters were called 'brainless' by many people.

Yep proof would be good but it is all escrow so it's not like we really are risking anything but liquidity of our coins.
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:59:04 PM

and some escrow fee? Smiley

This is a scam until:

Proof of team are posted

Yep proof would be good but it is all escrow so it's not like we really are risking anything but liquidity of our coins.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:00:22 AM

and some escrow fee? Smiley

This is a scam until:

Proof of team are posted

Well my order is only $215 so .5-1% fee isn't really anything. Although on larger orders it would become somewhat influential.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:32:43 AM

This is a scam until:

Proof of team are posted

I'm actually reading up on escrow scams. Maybe you should too.

@John K.:  Kiss
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:44:47 AM

xcrowd, who are you???  Roll Eyes

You sell, from China Huh from UK Huh Incl. VAT Huh Excl. VAT Huh

Yes who are there? are they using the name of Escrow an Excuse not to reveal their Identity?
arorts

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:26:19 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 01:52:38 AM by arorts

I actually also agree that those dimensions are way too big. The reason why I'm not concerned is that I will be hosting them myself, in my shed in the garden so even if it's the size of 3 fridges, that would still be okay. But if you are planning to put these in a colocation center, you will probably have some issues.

However, keep in mind that xCrowd already said those dimensions are not final. He will be posting the final ones in a couple of weeks once they have done some more investigational work.

Yup, I do know it's not final but having to bring my own electrician to add 30 or 50 amp circuitry is my Plan C or D. I doubt Xcrowd would mainly depend on this as the bulk of its Olympus customers or hope that "institutional" investors gamble  $28k-$44k+ just in hosting alone plus at least 30% deposit before they even know if there's any ROI. That'd be kind of stupid, wouldn't it?
With their lower product lines this issue is much much less, which is counter-intuitive because this is supposed to be their flagship product and the one that should be more efficient. Until they show decent specs and not from the 50's, this product remains as NOT even suitable for colo.

Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:04:07 AM

Here's a tough question.

XC offers hosted mining, only $44k & $5k a month. 30% down in escrow, of course.

Now, explain to me how the customer will ever know that they've actually delivered the unit.

All of this could be a beard for the hosting scam. Why are the hosting prices so incredibly high? To catch whales, of course.

You simply tell whale his device is hashing, send a few BTC to his wallet of choice as if it were part of a pool share, get him to release the escrow (multi-sig allows this without need for the escrow agent to even agree) and bam. Conned.

Watch out. We still have no idea who is behind Xcrowd, who the principals are, who's speaking on this account. I can't believe anyone has given them any money without that sort of forthrightness right away.

http://imgur.com/Xwa0jUQ
its pretty easy to prove hosting.  Make it solo mine and the coins will be newly generated.
Could be a stack of Avalons or the like. You don't know until they can prove they have hardware. Right now they won't even prove who they are much less that other info.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:10:31 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 03:29:05 AM by Anenome5

This is a scam until:

Proof of team are posted

They've never heard of the phrase 'escrow scam' before.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:27:16 AM

One would hope there would be more information provided to the community before sending out the "escrow" instructions to proceed with payment and locking down order positions... if they push the 7 day rule of pay or lose spot in line, I would imagine the actual order book will thin out...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Ishikawa

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:07:15 AM

You can fantasize and have any amount of orgasmic dreams about conspiracy theories of having double accounts and all that ip address crap and it's good to know that you find something unlikely but in the end...who cares about opinions. It's all about facts.

My research is based on actual calls with the best colocation providers in the US and perhaps even the planet. Find the same info yourself unless you feel lazy enough to not do your own research. I do spend significant time doing investment projects due diligence. Whether you consider that FUD or not, nobody gives a shit. Facts are facts and if xcrowd is so insecure about its final product design that it had to mega-inflate its own specs to be on the safe side, guess what? That "safe side" is killing ROI in real terms whether anyone feels FUDish or not. Couldn't care less about that. Argue with facts, that's what you should be spending your time on.

You know that would have been a very good factual argument until you mentioned best on the planet, with that you hurt everything else you said by trying to show off.
monsieurmarc

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:06:34 AM

XCrowd why have you deleted your forum a couple of us were posting on there?

eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:44:59 PM

XCrowd why have you deleted your forum a couple of us were posting on there?

is he really MIA? The Abdi Mahamud from xCrowd?
arorts

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:05:59 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 06:25:17 PM by arorts

My research is based on actual calls with the best colocation providers in the US and perhaps even the planet. Find the same info yourself unless you feel lazy enough to not do your own research. I do spend significant time doing investment projects due diligence. Whether you consider that FUD or not, nobody gives a shit. Facts are facts and if xcrowd is so insecure about its final product design that it had to mega-inflate its own specs to be on the safe side, guess what? That "safe side" is killing ROI in real terms whether anyone feels FUDish or not. Couldn't care less about that. Argue with facts, that's what you should be spending your time on.

You know that would have been a very good factual argument until you mentioned best on the planet, with that you hurt everything else you said by trying to show off.

Dude, are you blind to the word "perhaps" ? No reason to feel offended or take it personal. Read that sentence again. My point is that I was doing darn good due diligence in pretty decent colo places.
I'm sure there are better places somewhere else though. There always are. I hear Europe has even better ones due to lack of seismic activity in some areas. Isn't there where Wikileaks hosts its servers? :-) Anyway...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: