Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:37:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units  (Read 48999 times)
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 07:14:30 PM

This site is hosted by HostGator!
Build your website today for 1 cent! Coupon code: "404PAGE"
CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED

Nice hosting for such enterprise.

Lol.

This is scam but i dont know how he is gonna scam if all is escrowed. Maybe hosting is not and he will mine bitcoins scamming noobs?

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:33:20 PM

I do not think there is enough evidence to label as scammer yet, but there are definately some things that need to be answered.

1) Where has xcrowd gone?  It seems he has been on the forums, but has not replyed to anyone or anything in a couple of days.  Has he been replying to emails?

2) Why does the link to the xcrowd forums not work on the website?  I had not checked if they were ever up if anyone can confirm if they were or not.

3) John K. confirmation that he is indeed working with xcrowd to provide escrow services for these products.

4) An employee list, when looking at the website it only seems like one person works there according to crowd sourcing website that is linked at the bottom.  Are there more employees?  Are they being hired?  This seems pretty important as one person certainly cant manage this by themselves. (and yes I see that he has job postings out, but is anything being done with them)

5) A business plan.  So far we have heard dates, how about something a little more concrete as far as a plan for the future?

I am sure I am forgetting something, and will update this post as it comes to mind with other questions that I have.  Please guys, lets not spread FUD and wait for an official word from xcrowd about the above questions, if you have others you want added, then please PM me and I will add them, so as not to burry these questions here.

Thanks,

Debit

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:47:56 PM

I do not think there is enough evidence to label as scammer yet, but there are definately some things that need to be answered.

1) Where has xcrowd gone?  It seems he has been on the forums, but has not replyed to anyone or anything in a couple of days.  Has he been replying to emails?

2) Why does the link to the xcrowd forums not work on the website?  I had not checked if they were ever up if anyone can confirm if they were or not.

3) John K. confirmation that he is indeed working with xcrowd to provide escrow services for these products.

4) An employee list, when looking at the website it only seems like one person works there according to crowd sourcing website that is linked at the bottom.  Are there more employees?  Are they being hired?  This seems pretty important as one person certainly cant manage this by themselves. (and yes I see that he has job postings out, but is anything being done with them)

5) A business plan.  So far we have heard dates, how about something a little more concrete as far as a plan for the future?

I am sure I am forgetting something, and will update this post as it comes to mind with other questions that I have.  Please guys, lets not spread FUD and wait for an official word from xcrowd about the above questions, if you have others you want added, then please PM me and I will add them, so as not to burry these questions here.

Thanks,

Debit

Yeah - this is a good list of questions.  Highly recommend they be answered before Xcrowd asks for money.. escrow or not..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
wynack

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:24:32 PM

I have exchanged a few emails - they haven't gone completely quiet.. they indicated we would receive more info in the next 48hrs
Tsukene

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:35:59 PM

Thanks,

Debit

The forums were up for about a day. Then they randomly took them down.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

I have exchanged a few emails - they haven't gone completely quiet.. they indicated we would receive more info in the next 48hrs

They have account hacked or they are kidnapped or... Catched by police or... Just stupid
Not smart enough to pull decent scam to the end.

Or scared of jail, deleting posts, forum, going quiet

No other explanation.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:45:44 PM

a small movie with their hardware working or smthg will be a nice proof
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 11:34:41 PM

I haven't received a response from TSMC confirming their relationship with XCrowd yet.  This doesn't necessarily mean anything, as they may not be able to disclose that information.

Has anyone else already checked this?

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
wynack

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:37:18 PM

They have account hacked or they are kidnapped or... Catched by police or... Just stupid

No other explanation.

Maybe they're just really busy and haven't employed someone full time to monitor forums..  There's an alternative explanation lol
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:28:38 AM

Maybe they're just really busy and haven't employed someone full time to monitor forums..  There's an alternative explanation lol

Funny.

Current Time:      12:27:35 AM
Last Active:    Today at 12:16:42 AM

Buy & Hold
Tsukene

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:43:48 AM

No other explanation.

They had a big dream... hoping to get tons of pre-orders, use that money to hire people and create a company. Then they decided that wouldn't work, so they decided to go the escrow route. Maybe they thought with enough orders placed when they launched their website, someone would fund them. Now their plan is starting to fall apart so they have gone quit. Has anyone even had John K. confirm this?

Thanks in advance Smiley
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:55:12 AM

I haven't received a response from TSMC confirming their relationship with XCrowd yet.  This doesn't necessarily mean anything, as they may not be able to disclose that information.

Has anyone else already checked this?

You wouldn't get that kind of disclosure unless you 'know' someone. They have apparently said they'll be back on line within 48 hours. They do need to be wayy more transparent.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 02:30:20 AM

Funny.

It is scam, nicely crafted but epic fail at the end.
Tsukene

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:47:56 AM

Funny.

Guess they just hired the web designer and lost track there...

Thanks in advance Smiley
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:27:19 AM

Funny.

With Escrow they hide their identity, without Escrow this could be an out right scam.
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:06:39 AM

Funny.

With Escrow they hide their identity, without Escrow this could be an out right scam.
Escrow is just a beard, without that magic word they'd have been denounced from day one. Still not sure what the angle is but I'm sure it's there somewhere. Either an escrow scam, or 'Orama thinks it might be a delay scam, an indirect scam, to tie up money in a fictitious product so as to reduce the overall difficulty of the network, thus making existing miners overall more profitable.

To do that you'd need to:

A. Maintain anonymity so they have no one to get mad at when it all falls apart.

- check

B. Make your offer as incredible as possible ($/GH), offering a beautiful case design to visually snooker people, offer as many guarantees against loss as possible (difficulty guarantee, shipping delay guarantee), capture as many price points as possible (from beginning miner to whale with a range of products). We see all of that here.

- check

C. String people along for as long as possible with fake / manufactured yet plausible information, updates, etc., while not spending very much of your own funds.

- check, and continuing to this day.

I don't know why anyone would go to this length. It seems far to go just to reduce investment into ASICs generally. I suppose they must figure that if they could tie up a few hundred thousand dollars as long as possible that the difficulty growth curve would be extended and they'd personally see profit if they had a very large mining farm. That's the only thing that makes sense from a financial point of view. Someone with a large interest in mining and a plan to make others tie up money for no reason.

Perhaps it's just someone doing it for jollies.

I even considered the possibility that it was someone doing it as a fake-out, only to come out later and say 'Wow you guys are idiots, I could've scammed you in ways X, Y, or Z and this whole thing was an experiment to show how gullible this community STILL is.'

As always however, time will tell.

The surprising outcome to me, at this point, will be if Xcrowd is actually legitimately attempting to build a miner. We shall see.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
wynack

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:25:49 AM

Funny.

Geez you guys are paranoid - I have absolutely no affiliation with xcrowd.. although I have ordered 1 of their miners.

sorry to disappoint.  Not sure what the time stamps are supposed to prove or where they came from?
SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:33:23 AM

@above
Well they have effectively stopped communicating with us and they have taken down the forum on their website. Valid questions have come up and we have seen no response even though they have been online and probably seen them.
wynack

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:46:09 AM

@above
Well they have effectively stopped communicating with us and they have taken down the forum on their website. Valid questions have come up and we have seen no response even though they have been online and probably seen them.

The last email i received from them was 22 hours ago..  They did mention earlier on they were working on moving orders to another system and would be updating their FAQ in their forum based on responses.. 
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:50:53 AM

I speculate that they are 2 issues that they are working on or ignoring, that is their Escrow and their Identity. Glad to have senior members highlighting the issues and by the way the Extra Charge of 10% for deposits plus paying your own escrow fees.  Noobs and Newbie sometimes just blindly accept them. Avalons and Butterfly has already lead the way in Delays and Scams what make us so sure others will not follow them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: