Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:10:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158086 times)
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:23:21 PM

As I see it, either TF is a scammer or he isn't.

If he is, then why would he send me the coins to refund?
If he isn't, then why not let him refund them himself?

I don't see what value I can add to this.

sounds like you are defending him?...

If he isn't, then why would he not take me up on my offer to call in the ninjas?  Cool

In what sense does that sound like I'm defending TF?  I have no way of knowing whether inputs was hacked or if it was an inside job, so I'm not saying I do.

I've seen a few things from TF that make me unlikely to trust him myself, but that's not evidence that he's a scammer.

well you have been dealing with him on some capacity..you have verified some facts. The truth will come out in the wash. Out of nowhere I have some heavy hitters asking me what happened, that's all lol..you seem like a pretty stand up guy from my experience...nothing to worry about~ just sit back and enjoy the circus !  Grin

*remember this?>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalanche_effect
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:02:41 PM

The major concern now is that TF is asking for ID. He's already considered a scammer and many don't trust him with ID. Therefore many will lose a lot of coins which he KEEPS which was his plan all along. He thought he looked good doing partial refunds to begin with.

Where has he said that he is asking for ID?

Many people including myself have messaged him enquiring about withdrawing our coins, or at least get a partial refund. However, he is now asking for ID for the withdrawal. There is a lot of discussion about this.

Where is the discussion about him asking for ID?

I only know of this guy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=328053.msg3550558#msg3550558

I've just linked some more posts which are stating the same. With TF current trust rating. What's stopping him from using our ID. 

OK, thanks. But it looks to me like it's just one case which he finds suspicious. Or are there more?

Seems he's doing it for everyone now. If we can get confirmation from another member who has recently tried to withdraw it would be great.

I can confirm that ID was asked when I made my claim yesterday (or was it the day before?). It was a small amount (0.0025BTC)..

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:06:11 PM

I can confirm that ID was asked when I made my claim yesterday (or was it the day before?). It was a small amount (0.0025BTC)..

He must not have been able to keep enough of the BTC for himself after a few partial refunds. $1 does not seem like enough for me to hand over id verification documents to a scammer.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:13:52 PM

Has anyone contacted some real world authority ? Scamming this community is so easy (is pirate in jail yet?), I would even guess he isn't located in Australia. Those involved should not remain silent, damn it! Maybe this is the next thing that bitcoin will teach: how to report theft.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:43:25 PM

What address was the stolen BTC sent to? Can someone link me please?
stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:45:29 PM

What address was the stolen BTC sent to? Can someone link me please?

https://blockchain.info/address/1EMztWbGCBBrUAHquVeNjWpJKcB8gBzAFx
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:51:08 PM

It will be a interesting what TF has to say for himself. He has obviously upset a few people by asking for id when id is not needed in the first place. Why would id prove anything? It proves that you have a passport & a utility bill. That's it. The accounts at inputs.io never had id verification in the first place. It sounds a little silly to be asking for it now. Also, he has only started doing it recently. Because many people had their refunds without any problems except for them being partial refunds of course.

Tf, should have known that he would of been a big target for hacks, therefore should have only allowed deposits which he could fully refund.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:58:30 PM

thank you

It will be a interesting what TF has to say for himself. He has obviously upset a few people by asking for id when id is not needed in the first place. Why would id prove anything? It proves that you have a passport & a utility bill. That's it. The accounts at inputs.io never had id verification in the first place. It sounds a little silly to be asking for it now. Also, he has only started doing it recently. Because many people had their refunds without any problems except for them being partial refunds of course.

Tf, should have known that he would of been a big target for hacks, therefore should have only allowed deposits which he could fully refund.
He's just an 18 year old kid... If only we had known sooner...
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:02:20 PM

Yes, although there is speculation over that. I'm sure I had read somewhere that he claimed or someone claimed to be 17/18 back in 2003 when he moved to Australia. (I'll see if I can find this information but I could be mistaken about this information)

However, the news report stated that he was 18.

Regardless, of his age. He should of had a backing. He shouldn't of let people to keep depositing even though he knew that if anything was stolen he couldn't replace it. This should of been a question asked right at the start.

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:00:31 PM

Yes, although there is speculation over that. I'm sure I had read somewhere that he claimed or someone claimed to be 17/18 back in 2003 when he moved to Australia. (I'll see if I can find this information but I could be mistaken about this information)

Regardless, of his age. He should of had a backing. He shouldn't of let people to keep depositing even though he knew that if anything was stolen he couldn't replace it. This should of been a question asked right at the start.

Everyone keeps making it sound, like he knew this would be a long scam and could cash out. His exit strategy doesn't seem too bad. Pretend to be hacked, give some partial refunds to hush the loudest people, and pretend you're the victim. Not too bad.

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:19:19 PM

It's true. TF is asking for ID for refunds. Although, ID does not prove anything. There was never any ID connected to the account before. Therefore, the ID would not prove anything. He's using this to keep our coins and run away with them because he knows a lot of people can't trust him. Who knows what he would do with our ID.

Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.

Think about this: assuming inputs.io has been hacked the hacker knows email address of everyone.
Why he should not send fake emails and try to withdraw your money?
Sometimes it is hard to understand if an email has been forged.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:22:41 PM

Everyone keeps making it sound, like he knew this would be a long scam and could cash out. His exit strategy doesn't seem too bad. Pretend to be hacked, give some partial refunds to hush the loudest people, and pretend you're the victim. Not too bad.

Whilst encouraging people to deposit into Inputs.io with his advertising campaign. He was offering double rewards for it. Doesn't that sound a little fishy?
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:24:26 PM

It's true. TF is asking for ID for refunds. Although, ID does not prove anything. There was never any ID connected to the account before. Therefore, the ID would not prove anything. He's using this to keep our coins and run away with them because he knows a lot of people can't trust him. Who knows what he would do with our ID.

Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.

Think about this: assuming inputs.io has been hacked the hacker knows email address of everyone.

Yes he should require the email address and the account password. I don't see how an ID would help unless there is a dispute later and he needs a record of the claimant's identity.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:26:26 PM

Whilst encouraging people to deposit into Inputs.io with his advertising campaign. He was offering double rewards for it. Doesn't that sound a little fishy?

You're quote of my quote was messed up, but in response to you, BINGO! Keep all advertising dollars inside the scam and the scam won't cost you a dime.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:34:59 PM

You're quote of my quote was messed up, but in response to you, BINGO! Keep all advertising dollars inside the scam and the scam won't cost you a dime.
Exactly. Thanks for pointing that out. I normally quote manually and occasionally mess it up.

Even though this is a good point, it's invalid. Just because of that reason doesn't mean he has to ask for identification. Instead he could ask for previous passwords, ip addresses logged in from. What's the current password. TF clearly states on inputs.io warning page this:

however passwords are securely stored and are hashed on the client.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 02:16:48 AM

He told Techcrunch in August he is 28:

Coinchat’s founder, a 28-year-old male freelance web developer based in Australia who (in keeping with Bitcoin’s shadowy origins) wishes to remain anonymous to avoid any Bitcoin associated “drama” or the threat of “doxxing”, tells TechCrunch the service has been up and running for about five months. In that time it has amassed around 8,000 registered users — mostly in Western nations, with a sizeable community of cash-strapped school age/college age folk among its user-base. There’s also an active Spanish community of Coinchat users.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/31/coinchat/

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:24:00 AM

Coinchat’s founder, a 28-year-old male freelance web developer based in Australia who (in keeping with Bitcoin’s shadowy origins) wishes to remain anonymous to avoid any Bitcoin associated “drama” or the threat of “doxxing”, tells TechCrunch the service has been up and running for about five months. In that time it has amassed around 8,000 registered users — mostly in Western nations, with a sizeable community of cash-strapped school age/college age folk among its user-base. There’s also an active Spanish community of Coinchat users.

Ah. I don't think that's where I heard it. But, that's some nice information there.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 02:29:12 AM

Ah. I don't think that's where I heard it. But, that's some nice information there.

It's here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329136.0

I'm trying to find more about this scammer in Chinese forums.

Financisto

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 02:41:10 AM

When you deal with Internet, PGP/GPG is even more important than gov IDs "papers" and "pics".

Unfortunately, that ID verification story does not smell good to me...

Those kind of events keep on harming the image of bitcoin worldwide.  Undecided

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:54:53 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 03:09:19 AM by Welsh

TF isn't responding to any of the questions yet. Even though he's been active earlier.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: