Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto currency in a card?  (Read 2750 times)
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:38:38 PM

That does't make sense at all, this card is extremely useless for cryptocurrency users, i mean why would we use it if we can't make payments or transactions? To only check the balance?. We can do whatever we can with our smart phone wallets and they are more convenient and safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:41:19 PM

far as i know, that card is only to show some bitcoins or just for gifting purposes.

It's a wallet? It's to be able to check our balances? We can do that with mobile apps! Why wouldn't we want to do that with a mobile app?

in the forum there were some users who were talking about this feature, if you just  could create a card and load more than 0.50 bitcoins in there (just an example)

but it has the same function as a paper wallet, just loading a private key + public address in the blockchain, and you can claim them on the internet, so it doesnt offer anything new in here.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:07:21 AM

It is a wonderful idea to give some investors assurance that somehow there is a physical substance that represents their ownership.
Through the cards that support cryptocurrency they access in all commercial trasaction fast and smooth without using papers and internet connection; with this it wll be more convenient to the public.
Lamisa asfiya

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:43:15 AM

This card will not allow you to pay as much as I know. It is a cryptocurrency which is used for easy tracking. This is a wealth of huge resources. It is used as online wallet. There are many exchanges in the world which provide credit cards and accept money from cryptoconces.
guxu219

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:17:39 PM

They are virtually lots of company that offers crypto master card service in which you fund the account with crypto currency but can withdraw fiat from any ATM around the world,  an example of this platform is coinsbank,  you can register with them then apply for a no name master card which you can use in the purchase of goods and services,  and also make withdrawal in any part of the world.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:30:15 PM

Well, bitcoin debit cards are nothing new on the market. There are several providers that offer such services like Xapo, Advcash, Wirex etc. They are usualy Visa or Master cards but credit cards are still not available, only debit. The advantage is that you can spend your bitcoins in the shops like with any other card orr withdraw the cash at the ATM .
But I'm not sure I understud what is the actual idea of the project that has been introduced here so I would like more details. But I'd like to see bitcoin cards to be developed further.
Just don't forget that most of the bitcoin debit card were shut down, because the issuer (WaveCrest) had not fullfilled VISA's expectations so VISA has banned all the cards, issued by WaveCrest. This means that XAPO and the others are not able to provide the debit cards at the moment. There are only a few of the debit cards available still, but you should have a detailed identification in order to be able to use that card.
As banks (and VISA and MasterCard) is (understandably) against bitcoin, I can't see any positive news in connection with the bitcoin debit cards in the near future, unfortunately.
guxu219

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:36:35 AM

They are virtually lots of company that offers crypto master card service in which you fund the account with crypto currency but can withdraw fiat from any ATM around the world,  an example of this platform is coinsbank,  you can register with them then apply for a no name master card which you can use in the purchase of goods and services,  and also make withdrawal in any part of the world.
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:48:22 AM

So, what's the point of this card?

It says it's not a payment card. So we can't make transactions.

It's a wallet? It's to be able to check our balances? We can do that with mobile apps! Why wouldn't we want to do that with a mobile app?

I just don't understand why I'd ever need one of these things.
Since recently, I use the digital purse Veb-money. This purse was previously used to transfer money converted from crypto currency into fiat and then to withdraw it to a bank card. However, recently it was introduced the possibility of direct transfer to this wallet of bitcoins with further transfer to local money. After the first transaction in it bits of bitcoin, after confirming the transaction, I saw that in the course of an hour my bitcoin was moved to an unknown address and was scared. But then it turned out that my bitcoin appears in the purse. Later, I transferred some of the money directly from my bitcoin to local money. That is, it turns out that in the purse actually already there is no bitcoin, but I have the right to dispose of a similar amount in bitcoin. In principle, it is quite profitable. There may also be physical debit cards. They will also have the equivalent of bitcoin, and you can pay for the goods at the expense of bitcoin in local currency, that is, some part of bitcoin is removed from the account, but the calculation goes to fiat.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:20:30 PM

if that card ever exists, i would buy it immediately!
THATBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:15:07 PM

Hello there,

It's not long that I get to know about crypto currency. At first, I heard the name "Bitcoin" before I get the idea of crypto currency. It's been growing ever since it's born. Now there's lot of crypto currencies around the world.
Well, what I want is a master card or something similar to it, which I can use to maintain my online money. I’m not sure if it’s possible cause debit cards or credit cards or master cards or visa cards…. Every single one of them are sealed with my name on it. I mean these cards always carry its user identity. But I don’t want my identity with my online money. That’s the whole point of crypto currency right?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/butler-live-cryptocurrency-card-for-btc-eth-ltc-money-cards#/

This card could be my solution but would you trust it? Kind of like it already since I don’t have to open my computer everytime I want to keep me posted about my online money.

well, maybe but your card is the apps on ur smartphone
mammothine

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:56:18 PM

Interesting project. But according to site:

[BUTLER is NOT a PAYMENT CARD, BUTLER keeps or needs no personal data or any other type of private information]

Amazing if true, but I'm wondering how this is possible...in the USA you can't get a reloadable debit card without very serious KYC. How is the team going to get around that with this??
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 03:05:43 PM

It might be possible to have an ATM like card to be a balance checker. It will make it easier to have a transaction like cashing-in and withdrawing your money. But, the mobile applications can do it, right? If you want to check your balance, you can use your online wallet. Like MEW, Coins.ph and more. If you want to withdraw money from it, you can have it in your app. It still won't solve the security issues though. Because like the ATM cards, it can be duplicated in the machine that you will put it into. 
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 06:46:45 AM

I think card is obsolete, nowaday you can pay with applepay or other mobile based payment apps.
So in the future I believe that apps would be the better solution and is being developed by many startups

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:54:56 AM

I think card is obsolete, nowaday you can pay with applepay or other mobile based payment apps.
So in the future I believe that apps would be the better solution and is being developed by many startups

applepay or any other mobile based payment would still require a credit card before you can use it. therfore those are still useless. what we really need is a single payment method just like what we have on cryptos . Cryptocurrency in a card is i think possible and i think itll work just like a credit card but of course it will still requires an internet connection in order for transaction to be processe via blockchain.

Yet this is still pretty useful if you are a person that always on the go, whether you shop or dine , you can just always swipe your crypto card elsewhere and there no need for you to open up your phone or any other apps/wallet in order to pay or withdraw your crypto coins.
Marjo04

Activity: 408

www.bitpaction.com

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:55:14 AM

Hello there,

It's not long that I get to know about crypto currency. At first, I heard the name "Bitcoin" before I get the idea of crypto currency. It's been growing ever since it's born. Now there's lot of crypto currencies around the world.
Well, what I want is a master card or something similar to it, which I can use to maintain my online money. I’m not sure if it’s possible cause debit cards or credit cards or master cards or visa cards…. Every single one of them are sealed with my name on it. I mean these cards always carry its user identity. But I don’t want my identity with my online money. That’s the whole point of crypto currency right?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/butler-live-cryptocurrency-card-for-btc-eth-ltc-money-cards#/

This card could be my solution but would you trust it? Kind of like it already since I don’t have to open my computer everytime I want to keep me posted about my online money.

it is a great idea to have a card in crypto but i think this one is have to much process to do that maybe in the future it will exist.but for now we must do it in our mobile application

jurelmartin

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:57:58 AM

Hello there,

Personally, I prefer using my smartphone when making transactions, being able to use your smartphone in transactions makes more transactions convinient, and i also think that some time in future, smartphones will be used instead of cards when transacting, having your different cards digitally in your smartphone is the most ideal rather that having different cards inside your pocket. So to put it simply, storing my bitcoins on my virtual wallet and being able to check my balance, make transactions using my smartphone is the most ideal for me and also for the most of the peoples too.
TranTrongit

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 07:09:39 AM

I think in the near future there will be.  The demand for and use of crypto is growing and is responding very well.  with a card to pay crypto currency without using smart phone.  Really is a great thing
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 07:11:50 AM

Hello there,

If you think about it if we push through with the cryptocurrency in our forms of payment having a card would not be helping it as that would just be something that would keep us from it as it also acts as a sort of digital transaction. But what we can do is have an access key to us where it acts as a key to our wallet and this would be the card that you might be referring to that everytime there is a transaction we scan it to have the payment be made digitally

almersyn

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:21:15 AM

cryptocurrency does not need a card. Basically cryptocurrency is called digital currency and is not necessary in the presence of cards. Better to use scanning system via smartphone
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:22:30 AM

Hello there,

I think there will be one when everything goes fine in the future. Verge is trying to do it. Let's just support the community in order for it to happen.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: