Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:56:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto currency in a card?  (Read 2744 times)
Charmainekiss

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:48:36 AM

Right now there are a lot of projects combining physical cards with bitcoin and other electronic money. With their platform, you can use bitcoin and other electronic money from your debit, visa or mastercard. you directly. If it has more then its dangerous to carry it around. These things do not work as you would expect, though when they really only allow you to automatically convert your BTC or crypto into cash at point of sale. I'm waiting for my tenx card. It has advantages for both systems but when in a bull it runs fine to spend money and the next they have more because the price has increased. At this point in time this is what digital wallet does. As a matter of fact, the card also needs to be online. WageCan too bad has disappeared now.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alternatyomega

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:59:05 AM

Non-cash payments have become a popular payment method in many developed countries around the world. Electronic payments encouraged by these payment activities leave an electronic trail that the authorities It can be easily checked and monitored. People won't have to go to the bank to withdraw money, keep money and be able to pay anywhere with just a phone. Trading is easier and faster, contributing to stimulating trade. Assuring the safety of property as well as human life.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:15:14 AM

In the form of a card can act your mobile phone. You can pa with qr codes, check your balance, check recieved payments. If i understand what you want from it
Yes, I think having card is good but having a mobile app that allow you to pay with qr is enough, this app also might get you updated on your balance and recieved transaction. Having mobile phone is same as having a card, for me having mobile app offers more featurs that the card.
The concern with that cARD is the security of your funds, it should be in no way to be scammed. I know an app (HODLER wallet its available in play store)that offers instant payment and can hold multi coin in just one secure and open source wallet. On my opinion, its better to have a secure mobile application than having a card.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:25:55 AM

Hello there,

It's not long that I get to know about crypto currency. At first, I heard the name "Bitcoin" before I get the idea of crypto currency. It's been growing ever since it's born. Now there's lot of crypto currencies around the world.
Well, what I want is a master card or something similar to it, which I can use to maintain my online money. I’m not sure if it’s possible cause debit cards or credit cards or master cards or visa cards…. Every single one of them are sealed with my name on it. I mean these cards always carry its user identity. But I don’t want my identity with my online money. That’s the whole point of crypto currency right?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/butler-live-cryptocurrency-card-for-btc-eth-ltc-money-cards#/

This card could be my solution but would you trust it? Kind of like it already since I don’t have to open my computer everytime I want to keep me posted about my online money.

Is there any update about what had happen to this project?Love to hear if there’s any because i would be happy having this as an souvenir for being cryptonians..but just by that and I don’t want any other option using this since this is very critical to put on our funds in a physical card.because hackers are even great in hacking digital so what more if its on physical features
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:22:04 AM

I think it is still good that crypto currency is in the card for more convenience to check balance as well to withdraw earnings.
i agree because easy access of cashing out and cashing in would mean a rapid adoption of cryptocurrencies provided there is enough speed for micropayments, the only holdback on this is intervention of third party such as govt etc.

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
Tetutu

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:16:25 AM

I think it is a good way to store a cryptocurrency in a card though it is more easy to carry and doesn't needed any internet connection to be used. In the other hand it is also very dangerous as it may be loss and has  the potential to be destroyed and stolen by someone. I don't think it may work but it is really a good idea for me but more risky in some other way.
A good idea and realistic enough to be implemented, because in some countries there are already bitcoin ATMs, so the system only has to be integrated so that the security factors of bitcoin in the card cannot be used if the card is lost or stolen.
VivianJacob

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:21:06 AM

In my opinion, card can be so convenient for for to use every time but it can distract the anonymity of bitcoin , that information about your account can be revealed and hacker will take it
enjotan

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:32:37 AM

yes I agree, cards are outdated and not suitable for crypto, crypto is a digital coin that must be supported by more sophisticated applications than cards, and I am sure that in the future there will be good applications suitable for crypto.
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:35:12 AM

Cash has been replaced by cards but in some countries like china cards are being replaced with qr codes scanned in via a mobile. This is where bitcoin payments are going to be done in future

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:41:51 AM

someday it can happen with bitcoin with a card if indeed it is needed but for now the legality problem is very necessary crypto currency will develop along with the times and technology of course
goldSkylark

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:47:50 AM

a card for using crypto? Did I understand correctly? If so, I don’t think I’d be in favor of it. I mean, isn’t the purpose of crypto for us to become a cashless/cardless society? Having tin physical form defeats its purpose, don’t you think?
Natsuu

Activity: 1106
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

OP tried to get things complicated.
First, he want to use debit and credit cards that of course requires us to verify our identity but on a contrary he don't want to reveal his identity. So how come? It will be better to just don't use these cards and remain anonymous for your entire life.
Sometimes, convenience need some sacrifices.

Siti Nurbaya

Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:54:21 AM

OP tried to get things complicated.
First, he want to use debit and credit cards that of course requires us to verify our identity but on a contrary he don't want to reveal his identity. So how come? It will be better to just don't use these cards and remain anonymous for your entire life.
Sometimes, convenience need some sacrifices.

If using a card then the identity is revealed, this is very contrary to colleagues or many pros and cons, certainly complicated.
Leaving crypto running properly and remaining anonymous, this feels comfortable.
xfaqs01

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:58:49 AM

Cash has been replaced by cards but in some countries like china cards are being replaced with qr codes scanned in via a mobile. This is where bitcoin payments are going to be done in future
exactly, the celphone itself becomes the card,

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:38:08 AM

Actually for now bitcoin payment can do with qr code, because some wallet online have featured to read address via qr codes. If it can be used by a lot of merchant, i think card is not used again

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Farahtenan

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:56:18 AM

Actually for now bitcoin payment can do with qr code, because some wallet online have featured to read address via qr codes. If it can be used by a lot of merchant, i think card is not used again

That's right, enough with the QR code on the cellphone.
For what are the cards created, if there are more sophisticated tools?
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:14:27 AM

Just like banks if a central authority starts making master cards for bitcoin and there will be a network of ATM machines who will operate the whole cards system so it will be useful for the whole world and this is possible due to blockchain technology if this technology is connected with the banks then through banks infrastructure they will make  strategies to use their ATM through out the countries.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:14:05 AM

Hello there,

It's not long that I get to know about crypto currency. At first, I heard the name "Bitcoin" before I get the idea of crypto currency. It's been growing ever since it's born. Now there's lot of crypto currencies around the world.
Well, what I want is a master card or something similar to it, which I can use to maintain my online money. I’m not sure if it’s possible cause debit cards or credit cards or master cards or visa cards…. Every single one of them are sealed with my name on it. I mean these cards always carry its user identity. But I don’t want my identity with my online money. That’s the whole point of crypto currency right?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/butler-live-cryptocurrency-card-for-btc-eth-ltc-money-cards#/

This card could be my solution but would you trust it? Kind of like it already since I don’t have to open my computer everytime I want to keep me posted about my online money.

That would be wise, but for me, I think those kinds of system that enables one to use a card probably is hackable. However, it is coming from me from a non-technical standpoint. I just think that some of our banking systems are hackable and I think cryptocurrency in a card is no exception.

bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:04:02 AM

card? people are now more interested in carrying their cellphones anywhere than carrying an atm card for example, this is a new system that wants efficiency, I think the cellphone is enough, however the card will not guarantee security, there is no guarantee that the card will not be lost or the data is taken, I think technology is enough now, if by creating a card we will back one step, you know to pay, withdraw money and transactions now people have used cellphones, few have used cards. all of them are simple why should they be complicated again

tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:05:54 PM

Hello there,

I think it is possible, this card can contains your private keys but it isn't safe because someone can steal your private keys and all your money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: