Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:59:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto currency in a card?  (Read 2750 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:13:34 PM

So, what's the point of this card?

It says it's not a payment card. So we can't make transactions.

It's a wallet? It's to be able to check our balances? We can do that with mobile apps! Why wouldn't we want to do that with a mobile app?

I just don't understand why I'd ever need one of these things.
Maybe its for commemorative purposes dude lol

If it is not an id and can’t even use for transaction then whats the main idea about this one?I dont get it either

For OP better let it go,theres no future about your sentiments here in crypto,and besides you are not helping lol
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:46:15 PM

I think the point of crypto being made is being anonymous. By creating somekind of visa card will break those paradigm,right ?
Personally I don't agree using card while using scanner will make your transaction faster, why you selecting slower method ?

Remember that cryptocurrency being build for digital transaction unlike CC

Smiley
jobukegoya

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:51:13 PM

I do not understand what you mean, it is a card but not disclose information? . I think we can use a wallet on a cellphone instead of a wallet on a computer today, having to carry your computer all the time just by using a wallet in your phone to trade it and convert it. Your fiat and transfer it immediately to your bank card, it is more convenient and less costly as we send bitcoin to the card to fiat exchange at the ATM it's convenient but the cost is too high
Maybe someday it can happen because Bitcoin ATMs are in many areas, so the use of bitcoin cards can be realized. Because bitcoin is anonymous, of course, the system is different than a normal card, it only contains a code code with a complicated password that is connected to a smartphone, because it is impossible at any time to bring a laptop or computer when traveling. I think it can happen because blockchain technology allows it to be implemented.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:06:41 PM

A crypto card which a anonymous owner has. If people have such things they must also have card readers. It seems like coin wallet that store your balances on an account. There must not be a difference between them respect to their safety. I think, crypto assets stored in a crypto card would be easily accessible, when compared to coin wallet. because it will be much easier to hack a crypto card than a wallet.
pleci

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:54:09 PM

It may be easy to issue crypto cards, but the exact use of the place is limited, not all places of strategy have machines for transactions. Management will need time and certainly better.
this is good innovation, but it is difficult to implement. maybe this can be realized in the next 10 years or it can only be realized if Crypto is legal throughout the world so that crypto can work with banks and ATM machines can be used for crypto.
cvan

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:18:32 PM

anything to make my life easier and more secure, i'm on board
vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 12:03:19 AM

I think cards can be one of the types of cryptocurrency storage. I think this is not unusual. I think it will be convenient for many people.
samescrew235

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:01:37 AM

wouldn't this be like a regular form of currency though? Ideally the whole point of having digital currency could be to eliminate the usages of credit cards?!   

I agree. I think it's pointless to have a digital currency but still go back to using cards and cash. Going cashless should be the goal, right?
Glocalside

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:43:12 AM

I think it is still good that crypto currency is in the card for more convenience to check balance as well to withdraw earnings.
Sounds good. when crypto currency are put in a card, it would be more convenient and comfortable for people to use.
X-Infinity

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 02:48:19 AM

Hello there,

It's not long that I get to know about crypto currency. At first, I heard the name "Bitcoin" before I get the idea of crypto currency. It's been growing ever since it's born. Now there's lot of crypto currencies around the world.
Well, what I want is a master card or something similar to it, which I can use to maintain my online money. I’m not sure if it’s possible cause debit cards or credit cards or master cards or visa cards…. Every single one of them are sealed with my name on it. I mean these cards always carry its user identity. But I don’t want my identity with my online money. That’s the whole point of crypto currency right?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/butler-live-cryptocurrency-card-for-btc-eth-ltc-money-cards#/

This card could be my solution but would you trust it? Kind of like it already since I don’t have to open my computer everytime I want to keep me posted about my online money.

Check out http://www.xinfinity.io. Their Crypto MasterCard works just like a normal debit card you can use it at supermarkets anyplace that accepts MasterCard. Convenient   Wink
enjotan

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:30:39 AM

That does't make sense at all, this card is extremely useless for cryptocurrency users, i mean why would we use it if we can't make payments or transactions? To only check the balance?. We can do whatever we can with our smart phone wallets and they are more convenient and safe.
yes that's right, the use of cards will only be useful in countries that have legalized crypto to make payments, but if for countries that don't legalize it, crypto on cards for transaction or payment tools is very useless.
Bhugz09
Copper Member

Activity: 44

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:42:28 AM

Having a cryptocurrency in a card required a lot of consideration. Important of it is the security features if ever. Though it is more convenient having it on card for faster transaction and conversion to cash, yet we dont know yet what will be its possible outcome. For now, just enjoy how crytocurrency make you profit and secure it for those scammers and hackers.

│      HUBRISONE.com      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 04:51:30 AM

People have rubbished the idea behind cryptocurrency, why would anyone need a card to carry cryptocurrencies, when you have mobile wallets! A lot of these new projects integrating cards into their projects, aren't even seeing the satoshi dream, cards are some of the things crypto seems to bypass, and now people are making a mockery of the crypto idea. Why do I need a piece of worthless plastic, when transactions can be wallet to wallet!

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
fuadiansyah

Activity: 24
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 04:56:45 AM

People have rubbished the idea behind cryptocurrency, why would anyone need a card to carry cryptocurrencies, when you have mobile wallets! A lot of these new projects integrating cards into their projects, aren't even seeing the satoshi dream, cards are some of the things crypto seems to bypass, and now people are making a mockery of the crypto idea. Why do I need a piece of worthless plastic, when transactions can be wallet to wallet!

You just forgot that grandma or grandpa couldn't use mobile wallet. Their generation only trust cash over everything.
By the way, there is another solution for this.
There is a company called Tangem which produce smart banknotes for digital assets.

Check out their site.
https://tangem.com/
RadjorBlade

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 07:24:38 AM

It may be easy to issue crypto cards, but the exact use of the place is limited, not all places of strategy have machines for transactions. Management will need time and certainly better.
I strongly agree with cryptocurrency on a card, such as a debit card. But its use is very limited, because there must be a device connected to the card, and not all countries legalize cryptocurrency. If it can be applied, it must be in developed countries where the systems, equipment and human resources already support.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 07:32:54 AM

why would I need a card for my crypto?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: