Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:34:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I divorced my wife and put every cent I have into Blackbytes  (Read 3293 times)
catia (OP)

Activity: 288
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:10:58 PM

As a guy who has gone through a messy divorce, hats off to your dude and I am rooting for you. Remember to get out the house a little bit as well and connect with friends, it's tough when you have built a life with someone you love and it goes all of a sudden.

In regards to Blackbytes, I have never heard of them but I will have a look into them.

yeah I really should get out more, Blackbytes and MGTOW videos have consumed my life https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXVCVIkIpgUjCPtQ7lpy94Q/videos
missmarvel

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 02:23:50 PM

I'm the only woman that I know that actually owns any crypto, its funny reading your OP.

So did you divorce your ex wife and put everything into Blackbytes, or did she divorce you ?  Wink
beetlejam

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:30:18 PM

Kudos to you man, takes balls to take about your current situation so I have a lot of respect for you being so open. I will look into blackbytes just for you dude.

Please don't lock yourself up though, I had a good friend who went what you went though and it took him longer to recover because he refused to get out. Do yourself a favour, work on yourself and build yourself up but also unwind sometimes.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:00:36 PM

good luck, dude.

i have plenty of blackbytes too. i really don't think they're ever gonna get anywhere if they remain p2p. something fundamental has to change in the way they're traded. it doesn't matter how good they are as an actual proposition unless you make the off and on ramps as wide as possible.

p2p is how it should be but it's not what the majority wants.

they will also depend on the fortunes of byteball which have not been good recently. it's my favorite project but it doesn't seem very many people feel the same way. i'm gonna keep holding anyway as it's waiting to be discovered by more people.
catia (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:36:46 PM

Kudos to you man, takes balls to take about your current situation so I have a lot of respect for you being so open. I will look into blackbytes just for you dude.

Please don't lock yourself up though, I had a good friend who went what you went though and it took him longer to recover because he refused to get out. Do yourself a favour, work on yourself and build yourself up but also unwind sometimes.

haha thanks. Yeah I know I shouldnt be locking myself up, but its still early days. Im really not in the mood to go out and meet anyone
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:01:08 PM

Poor you! But to be honest, I have not heard about your coin. I will try to research and invest in it. Bth, good luck to you!
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:10:10 PM

That is a strange story, divorce was not needed bro, looks more of a shilling post for black bytes, I wish you all the best with your invest,ents and future.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
weeder

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:13:58 PM

Oh another divorced guy  Cheesy
Welcome in club
subitlist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:17:26 PM

hah..getting divorce for it???
i hope you success with those choice..

but...

wife= spending money
invest= making more money

hahaha.. Grin
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:18:31 PM

To be honest I´d been thinking of the divorce for a while now. My ex wife got 45% of my assets which really hurts, but I´m absolutely convinced holding Blackbytes is going to make me a multimillionaire Roger Ver style in US dollar terms very soon anyway.

At the age of 39 I´ve also moved back in with my parents which doesn't feel great, but no pain no gain. Every cent I have is now invested in Blackbytes. Further any spare cash I earn I´m going to be investing into Blackbytes until November 2019. And I´ve given up alcohol for the next two years too, which probably rules out the chances of me finding a girlfriend any time soon.

What are Blackbytes?

Blackbytes is the privacy coin of Byteball project. Another Bitcointalk user LoyceV wrote a good FAQ page here explaining Blackbytes https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2020882

Why have you never even heard of Blackbytes?

Blackbytes isn´t listed on Coinmarketcap because there is currently no public API available that can give Coinmarketcap the data they need to add a coin.

Further, Blackbytes isn´t traded on any "normal" exchange yet. To buy them you need to pair your Byteball wallet with another wallet, and then trade using a smart contract. One such place you can buy them is http://freebe.byte-ball.com/ Blackbytes are simple to buy once you´ve done it, but the first time I think it can be a bit daunting for some people. Its much easier to buy other currencies using Bittrex etc where you can just login and basically click ´´buy´´ and you're done. This is one reason why the price is currently so low.

I think it only became possible to buy Blackbytes using smart contracts within the wallet within the past few months. Before that I think there was very little trading done at all of Blackbytes. Generally the people that owned them received them through the Byteball/Blackbyte airdrop distribution model (the project is distributing 98% of coins for free as mass market adoption is the aim).

Strong Community

Byteball/Blackbytes has a strong community behind it. This is the original announcement thread from Tony, the founder from September 2016 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.15500  

As I write this there are 776 pages of comments on the Bitcointalk thread.

Marc De Mesel is a prominent Youtuber who has been posting videos on crypto since 2013 odd (unlike many new crypto Youtubers who don't know much about crypto and only jumped on the bandwagon in 2017). Marc is a fan of Blackbytes, and explains why he likes it 11 minutes into this video:

https://youtu.be/8ofu7HpmIno?t=11m2s

The Technology

Blackbytes/Byteball use DAG similar to IOTA. There is a comparison of the coins here https://byteroll.com/comparison-iota

One of the main benefits of DAG over Proof of Work coins like Bitcoin is it is much more scalable.

Marc De Mesel did a short 13 minute presentation on Blackbytes and Bytes in November 2017 which explains some of the technology https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E16xnZ14S2A

Blackbyte transactions are not listed on a public blockchain, but instead sent peer to peer. For added anonymity they can be sent over TOR which is a feature built into the wallet.

It's worth noting it's actually easier to send Blackbytes to someone than using most crypto currencies. There is no copying and pasting of wallet addresses needed. Instead you just insert your address by clicking a button in the chat section of the wallet. The other person then clicks on your address and selects how much to send.

The Unique Selling Point (USP) of Blackbytes

On the Byteball wiki https://wiki.byteball.org/ it's stated the USP is the smart/conditional payments.The idea is you set a condition for how the payee (receiver) gets the money. If the condition is not met, the smart contract sends your money back.

This is actually how buying Blackbytes works on the freebe.byte-ball.com/ exchange. You send Bytes in the smart contract, and the holder of the Blackbytes sends you Blackbytes in exchange for your Bytes. If the contract isn't completed within 1 hour you get your money back.

How to view the current price of Blackbytes

Remember Blackbytes aren´t currently listed on Coinmarketcap. To see the current price visit http://freebe.byte-ball.com/  and hover your mouse over the green line

So from when I took the screenshot you can see the current price was 0.058 Blackbytes per Byte.

Future price estimates

The USD price of Blackbytes is closely tied to the price of Bytes https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/

As I write this, Bytes cost roughly 17 times more than Blackbytes. However there are 2.1 more Blackbytes than Bytes. So 17 divided by 2.1 is 8.1 (rounded). The current market cap of Byteball is $153 million. 226 divided by 8.1  = 18.8, which is the current market cap of Blackbytes.

I believe $18.8 million for a privacy coin on a scaleable technology (DAG) is a crazy low market cap.

So on a like for like basis, Blackbytes cost around 8 times less than Bytes. Blackbytes are basically the same as Bytes, however they are better as they have the added benefit of being private. So I believe the price of Blackbytes should be HIGHER than Bytes, never mind 8 times lower!

Privacy is an important area for people, just look at the rise of Monero and Zcash. However Monero has got the POW problem of rising transaction costs, and Zcash is a closed system that isn´t trusted by many in the crypto world. There are a bunch of other privacy coins out there, but only Blackbytes is using scalable DAG technology.

Blackbytes are currently hidden from the market which is why I believe they are priced so low

Blackbytes have an even bigger marketing problem than virtually all other coins, as they aren't listed on Coinmarketcap. Further for the average man on the street they are currently much harder to buy than say buying Bitcoin on Coinbase.

Future trading of Blackbytes

If Blackbytes were traded on a centralized exchange, the exchange would have enough information to reveal the origin and destination of blackbytes, and amounts traded, which defeats their purpose. Blackbytes hence can only be traded on decentralized exchanges, with conditional payments in the Byteball wallet. Peer discovery has to happen outside the Byteball wallet. As I write this in November 2017 a decentralized exchange like this which could protect the anonymity of traders and therefore list Blackbytes doesnt exist (to the best of my knowledge).

However going forward, I think decentralized exchanges are going become more popular so in time a major decentralized exchange should be able to list Blackbytes and make it easier for people to find it, buy and use.

Thoughts?

Let me know your thoughts. I´ll try and respond as best I can. I´m going to spend the next two years living living in my parents house, not drinking alcohol and probably without any female company so I will have time to reply:)

Thanks

Catia

I think your divorce is not brilliant reason to take your asset with Blackbytes, I believe your post is just to promoted Blackbytes. Never know about this and I don't have any knowledge/ experience about it, but my question is why not replace your money with btc?. I can't tell you nothing but your post looks funny for me. Thank's again.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
catia (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:05:17 PM

good luck, dude.

i have plenty of blackbytes too. i really don't think they're ever gonna get anywhere if they remain p2p. something fundamental has to change in the way they're traded. it doesn't matter how good they are as an actual proposition unless you make the off and on ramps as wide as possible.

p2p is how it should be but it's not what the majority wants.

they will also depend on the fortunes of byteball which have not been good recently. it's my favorite project but it doesn't seem very many people feel the same way. i'm gonna keep holding anyway as it's waiting to be discovered by more people.

these are good points you made.

If blackbytes remains p2p I think it will may not rise much, unless Byteball does. And I strongly think Byteball will rise. Its one of the few real innovative cryptos based on new tech. Also, remember that buying crypto using a conditional payment contract is new to most crypto holders. And thats what you need to currently do to purchase Blackbytes. But its easy. People learn fast, especially when theres money to be made.

Your right though, theres a fair bit of arguing in the Byeball community at the minute. It was a top 20 coin 6 months ago and has dropped heavily. However fundamentally its a stronger project than many above it. The market will realize this soon enough.

catia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:31:22 AM

Oh another divorced guy  Cheesy
Welcome in club

thanks, seems to be a popular club these days in the USA  Tongue
catia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:35:24 AM

You can now send Byteball by email, similar to Paypal https://medium.com/byteball/sending-cryptocurrency-to-email-5c9bce22b8a9

Tony the lead developer of Byteball/Blackbytes is hell bent on mass adoption  Cheesy
hyadumadha

Activity: 254
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:51:39 AM

LOL, When I read the title I thought that I will have to read a really sad story, but what I found only this crap marketing of a random coin coin. Nice try, nice click baiting.
bithuner

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:12:52 AM

Good luck man, my father has just gone through a messy divorce and it doesn't just hurt emotionally, but also financially. I've never heard of Blackbytes but I will have a look at them for you man.

Just remember not to lock yourself away too much, my father found out that was when his true friends showed up.
orion_tera
Copper Member

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:16:50 AM

Good luck, maybe you are soon to become a crypto whale, who knows.
catia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:30:26 PM

Good luck, maybe you are soon to become a crypto whale, who knows.

I think the odds are good for this to happen with Blackbytes  Cheesy
BitandAlt

Activity: 191
Merit: 21

Decentralized Security - DIW

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:31:49 PM

I would of put everything in Bitcoin instead. Alteast you will become a millionaire in a few years and your wife might ask to come back  Grin

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
troiano9

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:33:43 PM

This almost convinced me to by some.  Almost
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:40:37 PM

Life happen and cryptocurrency could make life easy if you know how to use and keep it or better still how to trade cryptocurrency for profit! It is good that you are putting your best foot forward after your divorce. Good luck!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: