Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 [776] 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:30:32 AM

I have no bytes but I have tons of blackbytes in my byteball wallet.
I tried to sell my blackbytes in the chatbot but it asks for bytes for fee.

So how can I sell my blackbytes while I have no bytes in my wallet?
You can not sell without bytes Cheesy where are your blackbytes from?

WTF? What kind of system uses other coins for fee but not its own coin?
This is so stupid

I bet he has tons of ERC20 tokens and still asks this Smiley))

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hhugh

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:47:17 AM

Hi Tony!

I may not have the most active account here but hold quite a few Bytes.

I loved your interview with Marc and it's great seeing you at several other events recently presenting Byteball, and trying to increase exposure. Whilst I understand this project is your "baby" and that you may be a more risk averse person in general, I feel it would greatly strengthen Bytbeall if we had a CEO or marketing crew who could handle the PR and present Byteball in a more clear, focused and understandable way. Not to be rude but as a native English speaker I found it hard to understand you at times and although you answered the woman correctly about ETH vs etherisc, I feel that she didn't understand you either.

It's great to see you doing your part but I feel it's time for some professional marketers to take over. The website needs an overhaul and I agree that the headline should be: "DAG - Unbounded scalability, fast confirmations, no miners, no blocks, low fees" (e.g. hashgrasph website). A Marketing team could also assist with more exchange listings, website update, video production (e.g. hashgraph has quality videos for beginners and advanced users) covering many areas of discussion. This would leave you to do what you do best, coding and improving the tech, and let the marketers do their work.

I admire that you are a doer rather than a talker, but feel that again a marketing team could help with monitoring/answering in chat apps, and also assisting you to write weekly updates on whats been going on behind the scenes. A little bit more communication from Byteball to the community would go a long way, any rational investor likes to follow the news and stay up-to-date but I feel my options to do this with Byteball are limited. The last update on Byteball Medium was in September.

I would also appreciate it if a decent amount of the remaining distribution funds are designated to devs who are willing to build around the Byteball ecosystem.

Good luck and look forward to hearing your upcoming distribution proposals!

Agreed! I'm trying to convince https://twitter.com/Mwheeleruk to join the ByteBall community. He has done phenomenal jobs on other project such as Voxelus. I can't think of a better guy "value for money" than he is.
cryptothinker

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:32:30 AM

Blackbyte is a private asset built on top of Byteball. It makes no sense to use it without having Bytes.

Even so, AFAIK, it requires fractions of a penny to send a transaction.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
HermanTheGerman

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Fortes fortuna adiuvat

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:18:48 PM

Hey guys I would realy like to pump some BTC into this right now so could you kindly let me know:

Are there still airdrops going on? if so, where can I read everything?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Next airdrop to BTC holders is planned in March, but the ratio has been much lowered and it's more a symbolic airdrop.
Distribution is now supposed to be made through cashback program and another way that is not announced yet.

Ok thank you! So you can actually say I'm too late to join the airdrop-party. However I'll have an eye on the price and consider to buy in as soon as I see the right indications Wink
SockPuppetTheSecond

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:33:05 PM

Hi Tony!

I loved your interview with Marc and it's great seeing you at several other events recently presenting Byteball, and trying to increase exposure. Whilst I understand this project is your "baby" and that you may be a more risk averse person in general, I feel it would greatly strengthen Bytbeall if we had a CEO or marketing crew who could handle the PR and present Byteball in a more clear, focused and understandable way. Not to be rude but as a native English speaker I found it hard to understand you at times and although you answered the woman correctly about ETH vs etherisc, I feel that she didn't understand you either.

It's great to see you doing your part but I feel it's time for some professional marketers to take over. The website needs an overhaul and I agree that the headline should be: "DAG - Unbounded scalability, fast confirmations, no miners, no blocks, low fees" (e.g. hashgrasph website). A Marketing team could also assist with more exchange listings, website update, video production (e.g. hashgraph has quality videos for beginners and advanced users) covering many areas of discussion. This would leave you to do what you do best, coding and improving the tech, and let the marketers do their work.

I admire that you are a doer rather than a talker, but feel that again a marketing team could help with monitoring/answering in chat apps, and also assisting you to write weekly updates on whats been going on behind the scenes. A little bit more communication from Byteball to the community would go a long way, any rational investor likes to follow the news and stay up-to-date but I feel my options to do this with Byteball are limited. The last update on Byteball Medium was in September.

I would also appreciate it if a decent amount of the remaining distribution funds are designated to devs who are willing to build around the Byteball ecosystem.

Agree with all of this.  Byteball needs it's own Andreas Antonopoulos to do PR.

For the love of god, distribute a large chunk of the remaining coins to people who will actually contribute to building the Byteball ecosystem and increase it's exposure in a meaningful way.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:26:24 PM

Hi Tony!

Agree with all of this.  Byteball needs it's own Andreas Antonopoulos to do PR.

For the love of god, distribute a large chunk of the remaining coins to people who will actually contribute to building the Byteball ecosystem and increase it's exposure in a meaningful way.

Can we ask the the competing ICOS to donate the Byteball back to us that they hold? perhaps they can help us fund some advertising? and then we can continue the full moon payouts to people who purchased byteball on that premise.

bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:51:28 PM

the chart it's like a worst case  Angry thx for nothing
Lol, leave and don't come back. Rome wasn't built in a day.
The impatience in Cryptoworld is incredible, just relax. It's your fault if you put everything on one card.
Byteball will recover one day, I still trust this project.

Don't be so rude to that guy. Most of us had some really bad investment experiences in crypto and were quite upset. This might count for this guy as well.

Edit: I am not saying Byteball is a bad experience, but seeing your investment shrinking is generally a bad experience Wink

Investing is a slippery slope. Most of the time, you get to hear about a good investment but its price has risen significantly but there is certainly room for more increase. But then it prematurely crashes cuz most in crypto are traders and see Bitcoin rising above the rest.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:16:15 PM

Is there any reason to keep bitcoins linked for byteball distribution?

I recently moved some stuff around and the transition bot seems to be offline. I couldn't find any plans for the next rounds of distribution yet though, so was wondering if I need to stay on top of this.

The next airdrop is planned in March with a very low ratio (0.1GB for 16 BTC), if BTC and GB price stay the same it won't worth the time spent for linking.
An empty linked address is enough to get your blackbytes.
So dev changed the rule to make an airdrop on every full moon.
This is not good, I bought many byteballs and see the prize falling every week.
To get the promised byteballs and blackbytes for this was a nice compensation for the big loss.
Now i seriously think about selling this coin, because i made my investment under wrong preconditions, a pity.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:20:24 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 08:42:50 PM by cryptohunter

Is there any reason to keep bitcoins linked for byteball distribution?

I recently moved some stuff around and the transition bot seems to be offline. I couldn't find any plans for the next rounds of distribution yet though, so was wondering if I need to stay on top of this.

The next airdrop is planned in March with a very low ratio (0.1GB for 16 BTC), if BTC and GB price stay the same it won't worth the time spent for linking.
An empty linked address is enough to get your blackbytes.
To get the promised byteballs and blackbytes for this was a nice compensation for the big loss.
Now i seriously think about selling this coin, because i made my investment under wrong preconditions, a pity.

exactly how many are reacting im sure...

HOWEVER this is a far bigger issue that has a very quick fix.

I received this PM today from another new investor

Hi there,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you directly about what's probably a pretty stupid question:

You're obviously a huge proponent of Byteball and everything that's been written about it on the poll you created sounds incredible. But can you please tell me what the symbol is?
Because when I looked it up on Coinmarket Cap, it comes up as GBYTES which is roughly 253 USD at the moment.

But in your response to an IOTA post you said it's 70 times cheaper than IOTA?

I'm a bit confused, sorry
!

CAN WE HURRY UP AND CHANGE THE UNITS ON THE EXCHANGE TO MEGABYTES ??.

How many new investors are getting sucked into other shit projects and avoiding byteball exactly because they see a 250 USD unit price and think WTF is this.

Just because we understand to look at total cap I would estimate 50% or greater of noobs do not realise this.

why did i post that in 20pt bold??? because it is the 20th time I have posted this common sense change and whilst you are running around chasing a few vegtable stores to accept bb  Those seeking main stream adoption already will lose every time to those seeking the eye of speculators right now. Price will gain you the most free advertings (well market cap). You are putting of so many new investors who look at unit price. Fuck it let's reduce it to BYTES Smiley

How long must we wait for a simple change that can grossly alter 50% of most noobs opinion of the potential of their investment in BB in a positive way??

Work smarter not harder. I mean if this simple change is not completely obvious by now this is worrying indeed.
This is the 50th time in a couple of weeks I see this exact presumption posted on the board and the 3rd PM I have had about it in under a week.

SockPuppetTheSecond

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:00:33 PM

Those seeking main stream adoption already will lose every time to those seeking the eye of speculators right now. Price will gain you the most free advertings (well market cap). You are putting of so many new investors who look at unit price. Fuck it let's reduce it to BYTES Smiley

How long must we wait for a simple change that can grossly alter 50% of most noobs opinion of the potential of their investment in BB in a positive way??

Work smarter not harder. I mean if this simple change is not completely obvious by now this is worrying indeed.
This is the 50th time in a couple of weeks I see this exact presumption posted on the board and the 3rd PM I have had about it in under a week.

Agreed.  Speculators provide liquidity as well.  If I ran a business, why would I want to accept Byteball as payment when only a minor dump can drop the price so easily?
zecon

Activity: 364

spattered throughout the golden ethers

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:03:45 PM

Those seeking main stream adoption already will lose every time to those seeking the eye of speculators right now. Price will gain you the most free advertings (well market cap). You are putting of so many new investors who look at unit price. Fuck it let's reduce it to BYTES Smiley

Agreed.  Speculators provide liquidity as well.  If I ran a business, why would I want to accept Byteball as payment when only a minor dump can drop the price so easily?

Because it works.

How many other coins are working today with this kind of tech?

There's a few.. and their market caps are way, way higher than $GBYTE.

If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
— Jim Rohn
stockblock

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 06:06:43 PM

Price dropping a lot.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 06:22:23 PM

You could always start your own project and change your own rules just like every other ALT in existence.
Basically, you're crying because you thought you would get free money every month?  Sounds like a government program to me which is known as welfare.   Why work on your own wealth if you can just sit back and get free money all the time.  Even welfare stops.

Did someone 'promise' that you would get free money every month?

The free bytes stopped before the huge loss in value.

Sell your bytes.

byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:03:28 PM

Price dropping a lot.
Back at $266. Surprisingly rational action when you look at it in terms of USD (isn't even 50% off ATH counting airdrops). The value stability is actually encouraging. Of course it's disappointing compared to bitcoin right now, but it will have its time.
IckyYak22871

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:10:45 PM

If I ran a business, I would never accept bytes or blackbytes as a payment, but I would issue my own private token on byteball and distribute it by giving loans to VIP customers and give different discounts to those who have my token.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 10:47:22 PM

Please sell all of them and move along to a more short term pump/dump ICO or shit coin.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:03:59 PM

Wow. We are going to be able to send bytes by email in the next release?  Shocked
StandingTall

Activity: 81
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Wow. We are going to be able to send bytes by email in the next release?  Shocked
What makes you think so?

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:02:05 AM

What makes you think so?

It was announced by Tony in Amsterdam.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 02:22:59 AM

Version 2.0 of Byteball wallet released https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases

It allows to send Bytes by email or via chat apps.  Even if the recipient is not in Byteball yet.

It's the biggest update since the invention of cryptocurrency wallet, more details at https://medium.com/byteball/sending-cryptocurrency-to-email-5c9bce22b8a9

Simplicity is beauty
Pages: « 1 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 [776] 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: