Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asic devaluating bitcoin  (Read 2880 times)
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:08:35 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model#Stages

Looks like we are at Stage 2. Blame the miners, blame the traders, blame the mod. Cheesy

Remember the episode of the Simpsons where Homer ate the Fugu?  lol sorry, off-topic...

EDIT:  As a miner, and having been here about as long as notme, I concur with his above statements.  We periodically hear OP's jibber jabber:  been there, done that, have many tshirts about it that will not sell.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dxtwo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

coins...coins...as far as you can see

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:18:39 AM

Maybe the demand for ASICs was what pumped BTC so high in the first place. Now that the difficulty is skyrocketing the demand for ASICs is going back down and BTC is going back to its normal value.

Indeed it was asic demand that drove btc price up.

I agree. However, I believe it will ultimately drive it down (for a short period). If you look at it from a miner's perspective, if one of their primary reasons for bitcoin use was due to it being profitable for them, they are less likely to utilize bitcoin when they are no longer able to make profit from it. Think of it as a job. If your job is taken from you or you lose it, you no longer have funds to spend on it.

Additionally, I think of it similar to the way of once owning a factory and being able to produce goods at far lower prices. Now that the owner no longer has the factory and must pay retail pricing, they somewhat shun it and perhaps even are saddened by it. They may lack the necessary skillsets to attain it from other means such as trading.

This is specifically in regards to non-asic miners.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:20:34 AM

Hello, i think asics are devaluating bitcoin and will continue to do so because they are extremely cost efficient (i mean electricity per gh). Can some1 with math skills count this: Compare the  price of btc(not the 250 buble)/electricity price per gh from gpu era (until Feb 2013) to today bitcoin price/electricity price per gh from asic era.

nope.  it's trading that's making btc price going down.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:10:56 AM

D; Speaking of the US, isn't bitcoin usage, and mining a worldwide endeavor? So what does the legality in the US have to do with BTC price as a whole?

The USA has a habit of projecting its own laws onto other nations.  If a bank dealing with bitcoin exchanges is locked out of the USA market it pretty much automatically gets locked out of the whole international market when the EU and allies follow. 

Take note of the recent sudden airspace refusal for the Bolivian president's plane from France, Portugal, Italy, etc.  Permission was suddenly, mysteriously revoked when the USA thought Edward Snowden might be on the plane.  The USA gets what it wants from its allies, and right now the USA is very interested in choking off the money supply to MtGox.  Where is MtGox located?  Japan.  All the USA has to do is remind Japan whose forces are stationed on their soil, and how said forces might not intervene in a conflict with China.  I am quite frankly surprised MtGox is still around today.
atlosas (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:16:21 AM

Hello, i think asics are devaluating bitcoin and will continue to do so because they are extremely cost efficient (i mean electricity per gh). Can some1 with math skills count this: Compare the  price of btc(not the 250 buble)/electricity price per gh from gpu era (until Feb 2013) to today bitcoin price/electricity price per gh from asic era.

nope.  it's trading that's making btc price going down.

Yes, but they can afford to trade at very low price and still be profitable
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:31:19 PM

I'm a miner.  I don't sell my btc as soon as they are produced, and in fact, as a US citizen it would be illegal for me to do so without registering with FinCEN as a money transmitter.  It stands to reason you are just making shit up.

Yeah we all know that all bitcoiners scrupulously follow all financial regulations!

I make an effort to follow all financial regulations, and unless you enjoy having your property seized, I suggest you do the same.

Is it really that hard to spend your bitcoins rather than sell them for cash?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bitcryptonit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:04:08 PM

I'm a miner.  I don't sell my btc as soon as they are produced, and in fact, as a US citizen it would be illegal for me to do so without registering with FinCEN as a money transmitter.  It stands to reason you are just making shit up.

Yeah we all know that all bitcoiners scrupulously follow all financial regulations!

I make an effort to follow all financial regulations, and unless you enjoy having your property seized, I suggest you do the same.

enjoy your slave role. and btw your property is your leash.

cryptograd

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:08:33 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 07:46:06 PM by cryptograd

Im probably the only one qualified to comment on this in this thread so far.

YES Asic miners are depreciating the speculation value of BTCitcoin

The problem is the difficulty is increasing for the individual miner who can not attain more ASIC's. they are mass selling immediately because large ASIC farms/firms are rolling out 100's of terahashes at a time. The individual Asic miners are going to be totally squeezed out by years end, so they are hastily trying to recoup their investment cost and secure some kind of profit.

Water under the bridge for BTCitcoin

It will adjust like it always has

My main concern is the ASIC sellers that accept paypal and CC

THEY SHOULD ONLY BE ACCEPTING BTCITCOIN!

Yifu Gou from Avalon accepted only BTCitcoin for his units and that propelled the value from 28 in feb to 80 by March

Liked something I said ->17ry6rrknqmQ2S1NRArzdrNMmG2Zk449AE
Most important bitcointalk post in history
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1381739#msg1381739
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:44:10 PM

enjoy your slave role. and btw your property is your leash.

You surely don't utilize public roads or government subsidized telecommunications, water, or energy.

Oh, and BTW, I follow all laws and regulations and still pay no taxes.

Also, I own my own home and property and do not owe monthly payments.  I consider this far less of a leash than paying mortgage and rent every month.  So who's the slave here?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: