Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:12:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018  (Read 8403 times)
Mike Dickhead

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:59:13 PM

Not entirely accurate... not entirely fictional either.

See below;

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/11/29/bitcoin-odds-on-to-be-accepted-by-mcdonalds-at-end-of-2018-but-could-it-break-20000/#314635061385
MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:59:30 PM

I really don't see how bitcoin could be used in dailly life purchase at the moment. The fees are too high . Trasactions takes too langue . Unless There's a middle man website that helps you transmit your money way faster and with acceptable fees ,only then we would be able to use it to purchase stuff including our meals Cheesy
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 03:01:50 PM

"please give me 2 happy meals, 2 big mac and a coke"
"That's 12$, how do you like to pay?"
"Bitcoin please"
"right, move to the side while we wait for the blockchain to process your payment, it will take between 2 minutes to 3 hours, please be patient"

That's not practical especially in McDonalds shop, waiters must be fast for each order because there's usually, at the peak time, a long queue.. it will just not work

That's easy to solve - McD provides you with a Bitcoin wallet. Payment will be instant then, and they have got you for their marketing messages, and no fees for the transfer.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 03:03:29 PM

Come on... Now you going to accept bitcoin, McDonald's, seriously? Would have been amazing if you had done it earlier this year, had spent quite a lot on McDonald's this year. KFC and Pizza Hut should do it too. But wonderful news are always welcome when bitcoin is of the main subject. Am going to wait for such a case to be true, for am a fast food lover, and am kind of a bitcoin enthusiast, so yes. Wonderful and flabbergasted is what I feel right now.

Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:04:09 PM

The story doesn't confirm this at all. They are just saying betting odds for McDonalds to accept bitcoin has been released. I find this unlikely as you might have to pay more in fees than your actual meal.
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:06:52 PM

There is nothing beneficial if McDonalds start that by 2018 unless the fees is deducted cause there is no point of paying more or equal to the amount of the meal you order. If McDonalds start this then there should be some other way to pay in which the fees is not included. Also, the transaction time should also be reduced .
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:07:03 PM

I'm not sure it'll come true or not Smiley)). There are a lot of the same news like that such as Amazon will accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin will be leglized in any country as well but for now nothing changed, Bitcoin still not accepted in Amazon or legalized in any country. Smiley). We only know it's right or not until McDonalds announce their decision about it.

Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:08:26 PM

This all goes through the implementation of the LN, with minimum fees that guarantee a competitive system, in the current price level of the fees is still impracticable.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:10:58 PM

Oh wow thats really great for people who have alot of bitcoins i think near in the future malls and other restaurants will accept bitcoin too

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 03:21:15 PM

I know already 1 pizza was sold for 10K Bitcoin. Imagine the time, when Bitcoin had no value at initial stage when it born. But now time is changed. People are aware about importance and future of bitcoin due its special characteristics.

Bitcoin is not basically currency that can be accepted anywhere or any shop. But it have that much ability to make tiny transactions. Its basically a commodity, which value only increasing day by day as more equivalent power consume is utilized to keep it safe and secure. Its a platform without interpretation of any third party to make transaction of asset evaluating in fiat considering current price for exchange.

Now about McD. Its upto user as they can use their bitcoins for transactions to make payment equivalent to fiat currency. But it will costs more to user. As user have to pay fee for transaction.

Millzp0

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:25:50 PM

why don't they just use the mcdonalds gift card..
its useless waste of time for a technology that is not needed in the U.S. as much as it will be demanded in 3rd world countries who will integrate bitcoin in more than just mcdonalds

16B9V1QRCjLvzg676nbagXEtTigfekjwuS
Terry05

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:43:21 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 04:12:06 PM by Terry05

Its a good thing if Mcdonalds accept bitcoin as a payment, It would added another potential customers as we all know many people are holding bitcoin. I just wondering how Mcdonalds will solve or adjust the bitcoin volatility issues as these can may affect the sales if there is a sudden drop of bitcoin price.
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:50:37 PM

is possible. bitcoin is favorite online virtual currency.  many online market accept bitcoin. many popular restuarent accept bitcoin. Hotel Mcdonald is such a popular restuarent in the world.  so in 2018 it accept bitcoin is really astonishable and happy news.

paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:51:54 PM

"please give me 2 happy meals, 2 big mac and a coke"
"That's 12$, how do you like to pay?"
"Bitcoin please"
"right, move to the side while we wait for the blockchain to process your payment, it will take between 2 minutes to 3 hours, please be patient"

That's not practical especially in McDonalds shop, waiters must be fast for each order because there's usually, at the peak time, a long queue.. it will just not work

That's easy to solve - McD provides you with a Bitcoin wallet. Payment will be instant then, and they have got you for their marketing messages, and no fees for the transfer.

that's a lot of works for them, like someone already said, McDonald gift card or w/e is called would be easier
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:53:43 PM

If its true, than this will hellp bitcoins adoption even more, but if I think about the slow transaction speed of BTC and the high fees, I dont know if Bitcoin is the right Crypto for McDonals to adopt. Maybe they should partner up with something faster and with lower fees. Bitcoin is more for wealth storage in my opinion.
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:58:00 PM

Maybe it could happen in 2018 but the only selected country would be accepted because not all countries have in good terms in the usage of bitcoin in their country. But this could be a start of something great I mean this would come true then most likely more and more fast food restaurants will be entertaining to accept bitcoin as a mode of payment for their foods and services, but this is too early to say on 2018 I think it will take another year for these to happen because this a long process before it come to happen.

Jmesser80

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:59:40 PM

Before that could even happen transaction times and fees would need to go down. Or they would need some way to make BTC available with a prepaid card or something in order for this to work. I think we will see amazon accept bitcoin before McDonald’s or at least some buisiness where the transaction times aren’t as crucial. It would no longer be fast food lol. Maybe if you were to purchase your meal ahead of time from an app or something might work so by the time you got there to pick your food up it would Ben ready and your payment will have already gone through

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:01:08 PM

Already several such food chains have started to accept bitcoin. One amongst is the star bucks. Now McDonald's might get added to the list. Same time those services were not used much by people because the cost is much big compared to the payment we do with cash.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
BitBenefit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:02:28 PM

We're getting closer to worldwide bitcoin implementation
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:04:49 PM

is possible. bitcoin is favorite online virtual currency.  many online market accept bitcoin. many popular restuarent accept bitcoin. Hotel Mcdonald is such a popular restuarent in the world.  so in 2018 it accept bitcoin is really astonishable and happy news.
Yes it possible but as of this time it has hard to implement because bitcoin is not yet already accepted worldwide. And if it would happen then I think it should be a great deal and a big opportunity for a bitcoin to keep on increasing its market value because its demand are high.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: