Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:11:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018  (Read 8390 times)
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:18:00 PM

Come on... Now you going to accept bitcoin, McDonald's, seriously? Would have been amazing if you had done it earlier this year, had spent quite a lot on McDonald's this year. KFC and Pizza Hut should do it too. But wonderful news are always welcome when bitcoin is of the main subject. Am going to wait for such a case to be true, for am a fast food lover, and am kind of a bitcoin enthusiast, so yes. Wonderful and flabbergasted is what I feel right now.
I am also a fast food lover and this news is a great news. I'm glad that finally mcdo allowed bitcoin be used as a mode of payment, wow its amazing. But I'm still curious, is it serious, I mean seriously? Coz we know that fake news are spread all over the world of social media. I'm confused but I'm glad, I'll look forward to it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:22:11 PM

Its a good thing that McDonalds will accept bitcoin. But with current fee and confirmation time, it is going to be a total disaster. Pay more than $4 fee for a Big Mac burger that costs $5? Would make better sense if they used other faster altcoins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:23:05 PM

Nothing but a click bait. The article is based on the poll of betway and not an official announcement and anyone working with McDonalds does not have any statements there. But this is not impossible to happen because the real purpose of Bitcoin is for payment, but the problem here is if McDonalds or any fast food chain, who will use Bitcoin to pay for the food if you can use fiat currency without hassle? Imagine buying only fries and burger and pay in Bitcoin, transaction fees are more expensive than your food and mempool is always congested with unconfirmed transactions that will be the cause of delay. If people really wants this to happen, core developers should hurry and solve scaling problems of Bitcoin.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 04:23:40 PM

I honestly don't see this happening. Bitcoin has lost a lot of its daily transaction value, it is a great store of value at the moment, but it is simply too expensive to send for small orders.

Bucck.shot

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:26:09 PM

Mc Donald's has announced that it will start accepting digital currency from 2018, as it had not been particularly said it ll be Bitcoins but as Bitcoin is world's most profitable trading. Bitcoins are treated as first in digital currency or crypto currency. If it's true then MC Donald's will be world's first fast food company to accept cryptos.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:29:41 PM

Its a good thing that McDonalds will accept bitcoin. But with current fee and confirmation time, it is going to be a total disaster. Pay more than $4 fee for a Big Mac burger that costs $5? Would make better sense if they used other faster altcoins.

Maybe in the Mcdonalds in some especially selected location but not worldwide.  It will cost a commotion for sure or maybe some people in lane will become angry as bitcoin payments are kind of hard.  But I am very happy that bitcion woild be part of Mcdo.
kitanodebunmi

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

NEM Wallet: NA4P5WURI6CYWZ3KRYZ6BZ2WBYWGFJDWY6BZ5Y

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 04:32:52 PM

But thinking about it, forget about the logistics of MC Donalds imbibing the use of bitcoin.....Do you know what this means??, By this time next year, bitcoin might even hit the $50,000 value. That's a huge possibility.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:35:11 PM

Meh news are to good to be true but after reading some replays here I have noticed that it is a bet of some sort and not some real deal. Anyway if they are going to accept btc they would use some payment gateway to receive bitcoin, which is the problem as most companies that accepts bitcoin are tied to ordinary fiat currencies but they use bitcoin since it could boost their sales. But I am very optimistic for the future, lets see how will all this play out in next 2 , 5 or even 10years from now. We could see that many of major businesses start to accept it as a means of payment and maybe not just to exchange it for fiat.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 04:35:53 PM

I am sure they could add it in the very far future. However I am not going to buy with this news as it is likely not true, I will wait for coindesk to add the article before I believe anything.

Positivebetting
kitanodebunmi

Activity: 169

NEM Wallet: NA4P5WURI6CYWZ3KRYZ6BZ2WBYWGFJDWY6BZ5Y

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 04:36:49 PM

But thinking about it, forget about the logistics of MC Donalds imbibing the use of bitcoin.....Do you know what this means??, By this time next year, bitcoin might even hit the $50,000 value. That's a huge possibility.
Or even much higher.
gz1derbread

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:37:55 PM

I can not help but think about the pizza guy reading this news. But the fact that bitcoin more and more goes beyond investment makes me very inspiring.
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:38:31 PM

well seeing more interested businesses to support bitcoin or crypto's will make us realize that what we are holding right now inside our wallet would be
turning into a precious possession, if that amount will be reached more people around here will be a millionaire by that time, lets continue to spread the
news, after burger king now its McDonalds lets wait for more.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1129

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:39:12 PM

I honestly don't see this happening. Bitcoin has lost a lot of its daily transaction value, it is a great store of value at the moment, but it is simply too expensive to send for small orders.
This would be the main thing which I do see that this is really an impossible thing for Mcdonalds to make use of bitcoin or being adopted as a payment and I would say on consumers side they wont really tend to pay up on bitcoin because from the fees alone it isn't already cheap which isn't really worth to make use of it. Better to buy it on traditional cash than on minding on paying it on bitcoin.Dont know on where the news source came from but I would say this is just an impossible thing to happen.

googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:42:23 PM

We don’t know whether it is a rumour or not but McDonalds may start accepting bitcoin in their outlets. McDonald`s twitter account has given a hint regarding this. Increasing popularity of bitcoin may compel these Chain businesses to think about these options. After all they are here to earn money. When a fast food giant like McDonald’s starts accepting bitcoin, it becomes a big deal. It shows that the sharp rise in the price and growing popularity of the cryptocurrency has led to a feeling that the fast food giants will accept it as a payment method soon.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Philip Graham

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:45:06 PM

Bitcoin has lost a lot of its daily transaction value, it is a great store of value at the moment, but it is simply too expensive to send for small orders.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:48:33 PM

Burger king started with woopercoins in waves platform in Russia which I think sparks the interest of the fastfood restaurants, it won't be long some may follow too including the most controversial Los polos hermanos  Smiley They are even behind now compare to those merchants which can now be considered early investor.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:52:55 PM

It would be a good promotion for bitcoin if mcdonalds would accept bitcoin as other payment method. It is good for delivieries and it lessen the hassle rather than using cash on delivery method.
Alphredis

Activity: 201
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:53:37 PM

I think it is possible...nothing is impossible.
And maybe they launch their own miners to confirm transactions of their clients with an really small fee.
So also this problem can be solved with the high taxes...you only needs the right idea at the right moment isn't it.
And all in all the most people who have bitcoins and love fast food try it out...
So MCDonalds can earn some Bits  Wink

xiaoweidada

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:54:19 PM

I do not want to use bitcoin to pay. Bitcoin's current value has not stabilized yet. I think Bitcoin still has a long way to go. I will save my bitcoin. I am optimistic about the future of bitcoin. The potential of bitcoin is huge. Smiley

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 05:01:24 PM

I do not want to use bitcoin to pay. Bitcoin's current value has not stabilized yet. I think Bitcoin still has a long way to go. I will save my bitcoin. I am optimistic about the future of bitcoin. The potential of bitcoin is huge. Smiley

Dude we can't pay BTC to Mcdonald as of now, this is just a news. It could be true or not.

BTC price I think will not be stable at any point in time nor on the next years to come, it will constantly grow just like most of the tokens that are pretty much useful in the crypto economy.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: