Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018  (Read 8390 times)
sletra

Activity: 56
Merit: 12

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:46:18 PM

Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.

Lol. Ridiculous.  No one wouldn’t want to pay more for the fees than the meal. I agree with every word you wrote 🙃

■  RepuX  ■  Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs (https://repux.io/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:47:21 PM

This is a great idea who accept bitcoin. In fact how fees rate? We will wait year 2018 and it's good for us if they will accept bitcoin and we use it in daily living. If mcdonald's accept bitcoin maybe any competitor may be the next to accept too.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:47:58 PM

That is amazing! I was thinking days ago about how nice would be McDonalds accepting Bitcoin and now I see these news. And about the high expensive fees I don't think it's a problem, there are alternatives. One alternative are the middleman services that will make the deals between buyers and sellers easier, other alternative I talked about on this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451319.msg25100574#msg25100574
(No middlemen needed).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:51:03 PM

This is amazing if good company accepts bitcoin as mode of payment for sure the value of bitcoin will increase, but still you will buy a burger with a high value in the future. Better to use fiat for me since the price of bitcoin wil surely pump higher.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:02:26 AM

Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.
I think it is time that everyone stop dreaming these kind of things with bitcoin,you cannot make a small transaction with  bitcoin and never expect to make when the price of bitcoin keeps climbing to new all time highs,it would be a great addition when they accepted bitcoin earlier but now i am not interested anymore simply because of the transaction charges.
There is an easy option, why not convert btc to fiat to buy foods. Just because of the transaction charge is much too high. Their objective are good to accept btc as mode of payment, but they must first solve on how to decrease the transaction fee.
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:09:35 AM

McDonalds could give a discounts to electric cars coming on drive thru  ...

Patent1number: ****-****
cl37007

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:15:17 AM

How will that be affordable, a McDonald's meal costs around $5, the transaction fee is roughly $5 making your meal double the price.

Say McDonald's absorb some of the transaction fee they would still need to charge a minimum of $5 per transaction to just cover their costs which is more than what they would charge now.

There would have to be something very clever off blockchain to make this actually work, defeating the whole purpose of Bitcoin in the first place

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:20:32 AM

This is true? so i can purchase any foods in mcdonals by using bitcoins? Cheesy i hope that this is true and the bitcoin become more popular to all and i can say that bitcoin will going increase more if it happens. Smiley
niceone

Activity: 88
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:20:47 AM

This will have a good affect in bitcoin, a lot of people will gonna know about bitcoin but i think there will be a lot to discuss about this bitcoin's price is volatile and i think they're gonna do something about the price going up and down, and does it have some kind of TF if this is true i mean there's a lot of hole if this kind of thing happens.

lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:23:49 AM

I think it is time that everyone stop dreaming these kind of things with bitcoin,you cannot make a small transaction with  bitcoin and never expect to make when the price of bitcoin keeps climbing to new all time highs,it would be a great addition when they accepted bitcoin earlier but now i am not interested anymore simply because of the transaction charges.
There is an easy option, why not convert btc to fiat to buy foods. Just because of the transaction charge is much too high. Their objective are good to accept btc as mode of payment, but they must first solve on how to decrease the transaction fee.
Converting Bitcoin to the fiat money is also need a fee. I think with the payment via Bitcoin can make it easier for people who use cryptocurrency to buy something without bothering convert to fiat money.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
JayT22

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Privacy is freedom!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:26:51 AM

lol,that would be a big a big supporter of bitcoin worldwide!but i would never use my btc to waste them for MC Donalds!
i will now keep hodln my coins to the end.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
MaggieDeng

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 12:28:59 AM

It's said McDonald accepts OMG token in Thailand to buy burger a few months ago. Now I guess the industry giants want to be really involved in the BTC field now after the token test try.
Desperaboss

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:30:06 AM

I can´t belive that. Crypto in general has a high volatitily that makes it not suitable for direct payment. Imagine you buy something at McDonalds with btc but one week later you can buy the exact same thing with the half of the btc price. This can´t be an appropiate way to buy low priced goods in future unless btc price stablilize it´s price.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:33:07 AM

Even if they did, and they won't, and transaction fees were viable for this, they're not going to get any custom with it.

I literally could not think of a more frivolous use for your BTC than buying some filth that'll fly out of your anus before you've had the time to draw out what few nutrients there are in there.
ShineftChaos

Activity: 378

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:36:09 AM

This would be an easy life if bitcoin lessen the fee or remove the fee at all. It would be a great opportunity also to introduce bitcoin to people as they become more interested. Hoping for other shops to do it also.

ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:37:44 AM

if this is true then this is good news, we do not have to bother to spend fiat money to buy food, simply scan the barcode then the transaction is complete. this is simple and fun to me.
malibubaby

Activity: 546
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:41:02 AM

Adoption from the big fast foodchain is good in bitcoin, how can they handle for the expensive transaction fees?
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:42:07 AM

im happy to hear that mcdonalds accept bitcoin. but i will not pay for small amount using bitcoin. always remember the transaction fee for paying bitcoin. if you pay just for a fries and softdrinks it cost double. regular price plus transaction fee so better to use fiat rather than bitcoin
zhinaivan

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:15:52 AM

Its good to accept that bitcoin at mc donald is for online so you can pay them and the good will speed up the transaction for their purchase,if thats true if the news really there
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:21:21 AM

This was only odds and this news is not yet final. We all know that big news have a great impact on crypto. We must always carefully analyze the news if its somehow true or not. Because in our world there is a lot of fake news and uncertainties.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: