Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018  (Read 8388 times)
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 01:36:37 AM

Lets see the positive side, if this will happen in the future then it will be a great achievement for the cryptoworld since it will gain more popularity around the world..

Now the negative side. I will cite a situation. Do you like to pay for a low priced meal for example a burger with the transaction fee more expensive than the price of the burger?? Will you wait for how many hours in order to get your burger because of the slow transaction of bitcoin?

Of course not. Who wants to right? So for me if they will use digital currency as another way of payment, I would not suggest BTC instead use LTC or other fast transaction coins.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:55:28 AM

Even if they did, and they won't, and transaction fees were viable for this, they're not going to get any custom with it.

I literally could not think of a more frivolous use for your BTC than buying some filth that'll fly out of your anus before you've had the time to draw out what few nutrients there are in there.

Hahaha!  Grin

Well, there are people already using their BTCs on fast foods, but via fiat conversion for now. I agree people wouldn't become McDonald's customers just because BTC adoption, but the usual customers will surely use Bitcoins, maybe not always, but sometimes. Crypto-Currency is full of fat guys that love fast-foods. People who wants to live from Crypto-Currency income need to spend their Bitcoins on daily life, and many of those people don't cook at home, so...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:58:22 AM

This was only odds and this news is not yet final. We all know that big news have a great impact on crypto. We must always carefully analyze the news if its somehow true or not. Because in our world there is a lot of fake news and uncertainties.

But good thing that they are open for the possibility that they will accept bitcoin by next year, good news for everyone as well for them because they will have an investment in bitcoin as well. If that happens, a lot of people will get curious about bitcoin and for sure other fast foods will follow this idea and routine.
Renal

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:15:34 AM

I think this is very true and will happen in the future, because already many are interested in bitcoin world and then invest in bitcoin.
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:21:37 AM

get your food(tx) with cypher punks would be something like

GUY GOES CRAZY AT DRIV-THRU!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXYf8eJZNj8

Patent1number: ****-****
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:32:08 AM

I hoe this is true  or if not will come to reality in the near future, one of the ways to trade cashless to any merchants, this concept will open the doors for bitcoin to penetrate the open market, online and offline merchants alike, the idea is great.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:37:59 AM

I hoe this is true  or if not will come to reality in the near future, one of the ways to trade cashless to any merchants, this concept will open the doors for bitcoin to penetrate the open market, online and offline merchants alike, the idea is great.
One big company will start off with what's new to receive bitcoin payouts. if in this sense can increase sales certainly more and more follow
Noesly

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:41:28 AM

Its good to hear from that, if McDonald's accept btc next year it is a good idea because if I have enough money i want  to use btc to buy a some food.

│  D E C E N T  │      Blockchain Content Distribution Platform.                                                 ( ( (   Join Our TELEGRAM   ) ) )                                                              
            D C o r e              _ Blockchain you can actually build on.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:14:09 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 07:42:20 AM by eann014

I don't think it can be possible immediately next year. If that is true maybe in the US, not in our country, we have just a low technology here and not all of us known about bitcoin. They are still ignorant about bitcoin and don't know exactly what is it. Some people regret to know more about bitcoin. Maybe because they are not interested with it.

Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:19:44 AM

This is really not a surprise, sooner or later restaurants especially fast food chains will soon accept bitcoin as payments but I do think that the right time that they will accept it is when the price of bitcoin becomes stable. Bitcoin is still unstable and it can be volatile, it's hard to say when will all of the fast food chains will accept it but bitcoin is gaining a lot of attention especially, with just the recent pump of the price. More business will invest and get interested in bitcoin. The news was just a speculations and that they accept bitcoin but there is still no definite news.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:25:10 AM

Why they dont accept altcoins? they even can make the McD Tokens  Grin
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:39:35 AM

Its good to hear from that, if McDonald's accept btc next year it is a good idea because if I have enough money i want  to use btc to buy a some food.

I do not think that buying burgers and fries with bitcoin is a wise idea transaction fees are really high. Getting an option to use btc is okay. The real good thing about this is  if a giant company like mcdonalds accepted btc surely other will follow.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:48:40 AM

This may not happen next year, if ever it does happen. Mcdonalds is a fast food chain that serves on the spot. I don't think btc features, at it's current state, will fit the requirements for a fastfood kind of transaction. They can't change the price of their products everytime to go with btc's fluctuation

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:53:34 AM

Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.

Amen. Mickey Dees entire model is based off of the fact that the average customer spends less than 10 bucks on a meal, and spends less than 5 minutes through the entire ordering/payment process. bitcoin is so unsuited for this purpose it hurts. the average order would have the customer paying 50% of the purchase price as fees, additionally. It would be impossible to order a Big Mac, the freaking fees would actually be more than the Mac itself.

the times dont help too much either. this could possibly work with DOGE, or LTC (retarded fast confirms), but BTC, ETH even, I dont think so.
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:56:58 AM

I can't see this working in reality which is probably why the betting company is taking bets on this because all the people betting will lose there cash to them. As some people said earlier in the thread , it just takes too long and is too expensive to send btc for small transactions like maccas. I did think of an alternative though, mcdonalds could release there own coin and people could trade btc for it on exchanges than use the MC (mcdonalds coin) to buy there meal!

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Mapagmahal
Copper Member

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 06:16:14 AM

Wow this could be the first step when all food chain will accept bitcoin as another way for payment. This is a good development for holders of bitcoin if this thing can happen because they will have option now to pay with bitcoins. It can give too additional exposure because mcdonalds is a big company. If they initiate this maybe some well known food chain could follow their lead. I hope if this happen, i hope it will success in the future and they find how can we benefit from this transactions.

i use to be a hunter
buxlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:20:40 AM

It may be true news but I don't think that merchant like McDonald will get any crypto customers. The thing is our 2-5 USD worth of burger would get costly with 1-2 USD of fees that we are paying for such small transactions. Lolz.

So we need to clear some facts first as like whether it is worth doing it or not. This could work out in the mall chain of groceries or may be where the transaction are at least more than 50 USD, then we can afford the fees behind that traction. But again we know very well how hard that would be to know that this kind of fees are being paid for every shopping that we are doing. It should be really very minimal to be accepted in the merchants stores like McDonald etc.

Also, I know with 100% confidence that they will not pay for the fees and whatever it is will be upto us.
Cpousersonu

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 06:24:10 AM

Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.

Definitely customer pay more because transaction charges if he/she chose payment medium bitcoin.
But doing this McDonalds get​ more profit by holding and then selling Bitcoin.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:02:52 AM

I think it is just some fake news. The site has no credible source to back its article. Also it will just make us pay more because of the hefty transaction fees than paying cash. So it is not convenient.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:14:03 AM

It is a wise plan for Mcdonalds to come up with this kind of transactions that accepts bitcoin as payment. I'm pretty sure if this is legit news Mcdonalds will be going to get more profit from it. And every fastfood chain around the world would definitely follow this trend. As for the bitcoin holders it is hassle free. I can't wait for this to happen while eating at Mcdonalds and no more fiat needed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: