Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:17:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018  (Read 8406 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:07:20 PM

18 days to go or the OP is a liar...   Tongue

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:14:41 AM

Never mind if this rumor is true or false but the system is not yet mature enough to be accepted as a payment method for McDonalds. But two, three years more of evolution and bitcoin ecosystem will be ready for that!
Bitcoincentrate

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:15:52 AM

Is sad if this gonna happen. McDonalds is one of the worst things you can eat alive and is sold like the plague on the states.
natka

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:21:31 AM

As it all does not look truthful. But it seems to me that if this situation happens, then we must go to McDonald's. Although I do not like fast food at all. This idea of ​​paying for food bitcoin seems stupid to me.
JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:26:36 AM

I know that we are aware that the McDonalds is the most successful restaurant in the world. It is good to hear the McDonalds will accept bitcoin in 2018. I believe that many more people will buy bitcoins.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1555

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:57:38 AM

I know that we are aware that the McDonalds is the most successful restaurant in the world. It is good to hear the McDonalds will accept bitcoin in 2018. I believe that many more people will buy bitcoins.

That article doesn’t quote any source, it’s just based on Betway accepting bets on it. I’m not into those kinds of bets but if I had to bet I would do it against it for sure. If Lightning Network or some sort of solution is not implemented it is virtually impossible they are going to accept bitcoin payments because when you go to McDonalds and you pay cash or with a card the payment is instant, and you don’t pay any fees whereas to have a very fast payment with bitcoin you would need to pay an insane fee.

tatu

Activity: 138

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:09:20 PM

Well, in 2018 we would see more and more financial institutions retail shops start accepting bitcoin. 
That is not a good thing. Bitcoin is meant to be kept in a wallet for a while instead of just being spent. 

Lolwtf are you talking about? Bitcoin isn't meant to do any one thing with it and people can do whatever they want with it. If you want to spend it then spend it. If you want to save it then save it, but it's silly and wrong to say that spending bitcoin is 'not a good thing". If people didn't spend their bitcoins at all then there would be none being transacted. There needs to be supply and demand and people both spending and saving for bitcoin to work and be seen as both an investment and a currency, which it is.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:59:44 AM

We need lightning network or side chains or some other payments solution built on bitcoin in order for it to be used to make payments like this.

No one is going to pay for a Happy Meal with bitcoin having to pay more in fees than for the Happy Meal, also confirmation time alone makes it impossible to be used as a reliable in-store payment system.
The lightning network was already tested and the results were satisfactory so we may get it activated in the next year and when that happens we will be able to use our bitcoin anywhere we want with cheap fees, now the only thing we need to do is to wait.
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:05:01 AM

Anything could happen, Anyway nothing focuses to that situation happening. With respect to the lightning Network, it will be About complete as stated by developers. Thus you Accept those unrealistic Similarly as likely Furthermore expect that LN won't a chance to be took off soon, The point when All that focuses to it constantly took off quickly. In the secret word i thought this might have been could be allowed. Also for course, such as each different individual shoudl have purchased additional. Yet for those secondary transaction fees and the relativly moderate organize this hopefully wont happen.

alterwelt

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:09:18 AM

If true this is quite a radical step for big retailers and likely others will have to follow suit. However, I have a feeling like it is fake news you can't believe everything you read on the internet these days.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:29:37 AM

I have looked everywhere on Google and other search engines. I cant find anything on this anywhere except for the link that op posted. Now dont get me wrong i would love to see bitcoin accepted by McDonald's or any other long established businesses. Now something will need to be done about transaction fees because there is no way i am ordering a $1 sprite and have to pay $5 in transaction fees lol.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
_Mikasa_

Activity: 234
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:37:50 AM

Well I think its a bad idea to use bitcoin as a payment to anything. Bitcoin's transaction fee is too high right now that even Steam stopped supporting bitcoin as payment because of its very high transaction fee. In my opinion, the best way to pay something is using the fiat system.
Darklinkz

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:43:21 AM

That's very nice to hear. A fast food chain that is leading worldwide and I don't think there's a person who doesn't know McDonalds  so thanks to them because adoption becomes less difficult.
winyau8888

Activity: 131
Merit: 12

I am a baby to cryptocurrency~

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:48:33 AM

Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.

I am also thinking of these when I read the 'news'? It is not possible to use BTC for this little amount of p unless the transaction time can make with in a sec. and the fee is as low as some cents. Otherwise BCH or IOTA seems much more suitable for daily basis.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Aryanto28

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:49:31 AM

Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.
I think it can make sense but as you say whether the price paid is appropriate for the price of the food that the buyer is. while bitcoin prices are unstable. I personally still need enlightenment to use bitcoin to pay for food. But whatever the outcome if positive we should support the trip because it is a revolution and progress for bitcoin in this country.
ponicita

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:58:07 AM

Sure, I will buy a Big Mac and I will pay a $30 fee  Roll Eyes
At the moment its impossible to buy something cheap with bitcoin

But it will be huge for bitcoin if McDonalds started to accept it
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:13:26 AM

Its good to buy mcdonalds meal using crypto coins but transaction fee will hurt the buyer lol. Example im going to buy spaghetti, chicken and large drinks worth only 10$ and the transaction fee is more than your payment. Maybe someday if transaction fees goes back to normal with low rate and faster confirmation

jayram

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:30:32 AM

Its a good development that many stores are now accepting bitcoin as payment, but there are  issues that need to be addressed before it will actually be successful. That problem is Very high transaction fees, if we are going to buy a burger using btc vs paper money, it will cost much more using btc. But I’m positive that this problem will be resolve in the near future.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
jancukiyah

Activity: 137

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:37:53 AM

Wow that's a really good news. If it really happen, I guess the others company will follow McDonalds and it will so good for bitcoiners. We can use bitcoin for the real life. It's a good life gonna be real!

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:47:15 AM

It depends on fees that are charged every food you can buy than the fee it needs when you convert it into a fiat money, i think its more expensive when you straight buy it with a bitcoin than usual money. But im amazed on how they appreciate bitcoin now as it is accepted in many country and companies. Im glad to eat at McDonalds cashless if it would happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: