Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:50:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BWK] BULWARK | NO ICO | Masternodes | Accelerated PoW | Seesaw PoS/MN  (Read 125682 times)
djhomeschool

Activity: 340
Merit: 164

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:12:55 AM

How much coins is needed for a masternode?
5000 coins (about $30к  today)

it being so expensive isnt going to attract the everyday trader

ohnoez
djhomeschool

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:17:51 AM

Let's talk about Coinmarketcap and the Masternode ranking sites... they've all said the total available coins = 539k for at least a day. That's not accurate. Or it shouldn't be.
Eatbatterys (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 170

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:51:49 AM

Let's talk about Coinmarketcap and the Masternode ranking sites... they've all said the total available coins = 539k for at least a day. That's not accurate. Or it shouldn't be.

They usually don't take premine amount into account considering they are not available for sale or to the general public. Other than that they should be accurate since they pull data directly from the block explorer.
Rashkae

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:00:30 AM

ahashpool/other pools struggling again? Haven't gotten any BWC in >2 hours. Or is it just that one pool that's going titsup?

Did I help you? If yes, hit me up with some Eth!
0xD6422bcFD87989cf04D7dB489B9c18b3cA95886e
lionaries

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:30:47 AM

Is BWK price going rise, or should i sell mine BWK now? Its seems to be lowering today, do not want sit on 2$ as before. What do you guys think?
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:40:48 AM

Is BWK price going rise, or should i sell mine BWK now? Its seems to be lowering today, do not want sit on 2$ as before. What do you guys think?
Do you need the money now?  I'm keeping mine for the long term.  The price might dip but I think it will go much higher at some point.  Selling half and keeping half is another option.
djhomeschool

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:52:30 AM

They usually don't take premine amount into account considering they are not available for sale or to the general public. Other than that they should be accurate since they pull data directly from the block explorer.

OK, but they do, and now BWK has a proper ranking - the premine seems to be about 300k. BUT.... the number of coins has stayed steady. .Where is the explorer?
saint_casanova

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:04:09 AM

Could anyone calculate the ROI for one MN if the price of ICO stays the same?
Eatbatterys (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:09:34 AM

OK, but they do, and now BWK has a proper ranking - the premine seems to be about 300k. BUT.... the number of coins has stayed steady. .Where is the explorer?

http://bwk.explorerz.top:3011/

They do take premine coins into account for circulating supply and market cap calculations. However total supply still quite a bit lower than where it should be. I'm unsure how they update that. The majority of websites utilize the explorer's api to keep supply amounts up to date. This doesn't seem to be the case for CMC.
Eatbatterys (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:10:14 AM

I'm unsure what you mean considering Bulwark is NOT an ICO.

If you're looking for ROI on a masternode as it stands right now, I would suggest checking out this site:

https://masternodes.pro/stats/bwk

Though I would suggest you keep in mind that masternodes are currently only receiving 20% of the block reward. At the beginning of the 2nd month, this will rise to 25%. Then again to 33.3% a month after that and finally at 50% for the remainder of the year a month after that.
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:22:56 AM

The only pools that we've got listed so far are ones that have requested we add them on to the ANN posting.

There very well could be a large private pool out there that we're unaware of.

It would be helpful to have all the active pools listed in the OP -- a user that might want to compare the available pools in a more informed or systematic way currently has to survey 31 pages of forum.

Also, it might be beyond expectations of what's usually encountered at BTC-talk, but a listing of fees and geographical region of pools (if possible) would be awesome and not that much admin work after the initial steps (assuming that pools don't change their fees charged more than once a week or so).  It would take forty-five minutes time tops to gather this information -- I'm not necessarily volunteering for this (but if noone else springs into action or takes point on this I suppose I could).  The geographical region is useful to know (or at least hypothesize), of course, to minimize the latency for shares submitted.

Also, just as an observation, I find it endlessly amusing how people pile into the pools with the biggest hashrate (to get an infinitesimal share of the pool's overall mined coins while effectively benefiting others with monster GPU-rigs or rented hash) instead of doing the logical thing and using pools with less hash to potentially earn greater rewards to their own benefit.  A more judicious look at the probability of mined coins (also considering the fees of the pools) would probably earn them more BWK if they thought things through.  Moreover, mining at pools smaller than the top two or three helps distribute the coin more widely, incentivizing the smaller coinholders instead of subtly encouraging people to be a bunch of sheeple/bandwagon-hoppers and enriching predominantly the operators of the favored top two or three pools and the larger miners).

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:24:15 AM

Do you have a step by step guide for setting up a masternode somewhere on your website, or is that something you get access to more through your discord or telegram channels?

Not that I'm able to set up a masternode, or even have the bulwark to do it, but just interested in learning more about masternodes and how it works. Also how involved it is, or if anyone that gets the required coin along with a vps, would be able to set it up with basic technical knowledge.
iwosh

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:43:07 AM

If you're looking for ROI on a masternode as it stands right now, I would suggest checking out this site:

Though I would suggest you keep in mind that masternodes are currently only receiving 20% of the block reward. At the beginning of the 2nd month, this will rise to 25%. Then again to 33.3% a month after that and finally at 50% for the remainder of the year a month after that.

The more masternodes there are, the less reward the get, similar to the minning? Reward is splitted to more masternodes. Do I understand it right? Thank you.
hashrefinery

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 12:08:54 PM

The only pools that we've got listed so far are ones that have requested we add them on to the ANN posting.

It would be helpful to have all the active pools listed in the OP -- a user that might want to compare the available pools in a more informed or systematic way currently has to survey 31 pages of forum.

Also, it might be beyond expectations of what's usually encountered at BTC-talk, but a listing of fees and geographical region of pools (if possible) would be awesome and not that much admin work after the initial steps (assuming that pools don't change their fees charged more than once a week or so).  It would take forty-five minutes time tops to gather this information -- I'm not necessarily volunteering for this (but if noone else springs into action or takes point on this I suppose I could).  The geographical region is useful to know (or at least hypothesize), of course, to minimize the latency for shares submitted.

Also, just as an observation, I find it endlessly amusing how people pile into the pools with the biggest hashrate (to get an infinitesimal share of the pool's overall mined coins while effectively benefiting others with monster GPU-rigs or rented hash) instead of doing the logical thing and using pools with less hash to potentially earn greater rewards to their own benefit.  A more judicious look at the probability of mined coins (also considering the fees of the pools) would probably earn them more BWK if they thought things through.  Moreover, mining at pools smaller than the top two or three helps distribute the coin more widely, incentivizing the smaller coinholders instead of subtly encouraging people to be a bunch of sheeple/bandwagon-hoppers and enriching predominantly the operators of the favored top two or three pools and the larger miners).

Speaking as a pool admin, please follow this advice. Too much concentration of hashing power on a single pool is not good for any coin.

If a single pool ends up with more than 50% of the network hashing rate it can unintentionally create a soft fork which is specific to the pool and invalid everywhere else. Anyone mining that fork will find themselves without any valid/useful rewards.

Hash Refinery Pool http://pool.hashrefinery.com/ - Over 50 coins active on 15+ algos - Receive payouts in any listed coin or auto-conversion to BTC
Eatbatterys (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:39:57 PM

Do you have a step by step guide for setting up a masternode somewhere on your website, or is that something you get access to more through your discord or telegram channels?

Not that I'm able to set up a masternode, or even have the bulwark to do it, but just interested in learning more about masternodes and how it works. Also how involved it is, or if anyone that gets the required coin along with a vps, would be able to set it up with basic technical knowledge.

If you hop in our Discord, our co-developer Stu, has put together a script and tutorial that will do 95% of the work for you and get a masternode up and running in less than 5 minutes if you follow the directions. If you get lost feel free to DM me in Discord and I'l help you out.
Eatbatterys (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:45:31 PM

Speaking as a pool admin, please follow this advice. Too much concentration of hashing power on a single pool is not good for any coin.

If a single pool ends up with more than 50% of the network hashing rate it can unintentionally create a soft fork which is specific to the pool and invalid everywhere else. Anyone mining that fork will find themselves without any valid/useful rewards.

That's been attempted multiple times due to everybody bandwagoning to the largest pool repeatedly. Our developer has put safeguards in place and, to date, has prevented this from occurring multiple times successfully.

That being said, it's never GOOD to do that, but there doesn't seem to be much we can do to stop people.

To Heratys, if you would like to compile a list, I would happily update our ANN. Unfortunately we'll have pools that advertise and go days without any hashpower being added to their pool or we'll have pools request to be added and then disappear the next day. It's constantly shifting and changing so we decided the best course of action is to just list pools once they've successfully got some hashpower on board and don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
Eatbatterys (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:30:55 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 03:10:26 PM by Eatbatterys

The more masternodes there are, the less reward the get, similar to the minning? Reward is splitted to more masternodes. Do I understand it right? Thank you.

That is correct. Currently, masternodes pull in 20% of all block rewards, about 9,600 coins daily and split them evenly among themselves. As more masternodes are added to the network, the amount of coins each one receives will decrease.

Though keep in mind the Bulwark masternode's share will increase at the beginning of month two to 25% of the block reward, then 33.3% at month three, then finally at 50% on month four and then remain there for the rest of year one.
bulwarkpool

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:24:47 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 04:40:13 PM by bulwarkpool

We are pleased to introduce BulwarkPool.com which is open pool for all the miners around the world. Our pool is currently supporting Bulwark (BWK) mining.
(Unofficial pool)

- Pool fee: 0.0% (First 10 blocks, than 0.5%)
- Min. payout: 0.01 BWK
- Stratum support
- Pool nodes: EU and US coming soon
- DDoS protection
- Graphical displays for hashing speeds, income and pool statistics.

https://bulwarkpool.com/
Discord - https://discord.gg/eKTwKwe
Telegram - https://t.me/BulwarkPool
jxt

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:28:51 PM

umine 570 gh / s bsod 337 gh / s network hash 1.5 Th / s
Where is the pool 600 gh / s Huh
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:36:21 PM

What is the hashing Speed of an RX 480 or an 1070 for this Coin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: