Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When do you think Avalon will deliver? (Lead time)  Site says 9-10 weeks.
September - 7 (21.2%)
October - 3 (9.1%)
November - 4 (12.1%)
December - 4 (12.1%)
2014 - Never - 15 (45.5%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If I ordered chips from Avalon now, what month would I get them?  (Read 1022 times)
FCTaiChi (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 04:56:31 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 07:42:53 PM by FCTaiChi

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167726.msg2662307#msg2662307

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:09:31 AM

Thought the chips were being sent directly from TSMC, so those mysterious issues associated with the mining units would probably be at a minimum.  I hope.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:21:41 AM

Yifu said he hadn't shipped because the shipping company was conspiring against him.  It has been said that the chips are made, but can't be shipped.  This was attributed to a few boxes containing miners being very strangely damaged.  This does not explain why chips can't be sent through alternative shipping.  The samples aren't even coming, and if they do the original contract has been breached by only giving one order's worth of chips to everyone who ordered, despite how many orders they make.

Who has said the chips are made, but can't be shipped?

Links please.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
503guy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:33:02 AM

The samples aren't even coming, and if they do the original contract has been breached by only giving one order's worth of chips to everyone who ordered, despite how many orders they make.

Sample chips have been received for some purchases.

FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 05:33:59 AM

This was a while ago from the bitcoin conference.  I haven't been keeping up, and it's possible that this information is outdated.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
To me this doesn't make sense and I never found an answer.  I'm still fairly neutral about Avalon, I just wish there were a few more answers to even out the bumpy road they have had.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:35:20 AM

This was a while ago from the bitcoin conference.  I haven't been keeping up, and it's possible that this information is outdated.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
To me this doesn't make sense and I never found an answer.  I'm still fairly neutral about Avalon, I just wish there were a few more answers to even out the bumpy road they have had.

So no evidence either way.

Given that sample chips are hashing I'd lean more to that they can ship or are shipping. Any day we will know. Given BitFury is shipping chips and boards etc... Avalon chips like BFL are going to be less interesting to the masses who have coin to burn.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 05:36:21 AM

The samples aren't even coming, and if they do the original contract has been breached by only giving one order's worth of chips to everyone who ordered, despite how many orders they make.

Sample chips have been received for some purchases.
Oh nice.  I am really happy to see that some people from China are getting their shipment orders.  Maybe this is a sign that they will ship soon.

Just so everyone knows this isn't anti Avalon propaganda, I just want to know what the community thinks, as I am going to use it as part of the metric for the section of decentralizedhashing.com

ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:57:20 AM

Yifu said he hadn't shipped because the shipping company was conspiring against him.
That was about miners, not chips.

Wrong. Samples are coming, 30 sample chips for every 10,000 order.
There were some problems at the start (sent only one sample per ordering address), but that was sorted out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=230157.msg2428298#msg2428298

Sample chips from order(s) made on may, 27, arrived on june, 20:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.msg2531978#msg2531978
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 02:36:18 PM

Yifu said he hadn't shipped because the shipping company was conspiring against him.
That was about miners, not chips.

Wrong. Samples are coming, 30 sample chips for every 10,000 order.
There were some problems at the start (sent only one sample per ordering address), but that was sorted out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=230157.msg2428298#msg2428298

Sample chips from order(s) made on may, 27, arrived on june, 20:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.msg2531978#msg2531978

Exactly, that was about miners not chips.  When he started talking about shipping chips he went into his sabotage story.  That's what throws me, and I've never found an explanation for it, despite asking Yifu, and the Avalon crowd several times.

Ok, great, the situation changed about the chips.  I can't wait for people to start getting their prototypes up.  This is exciting, thanks for links.

ujka

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:01:58 PM

Ok, great, the situation changed about the chips.  I can't wait for people to start getting their prototypes up.  This is exciting, thanks for links.
Working prototype from burnin's 20 chips board:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg2623157#msg2623157
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg2637343#msg2637343
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 04:58:08 PM

Wow he's good.  I don't think I can switch over to actually say he has a working unit at this point, but I don't see anyone closer.
Thanks again ujka

ujka

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:53:34 PM

I know it's a prototype. But it's a working prototype! (While others are still showing webpages with CAD sketches and enclosures. And taking pre-orders for that!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: