Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: short term investment or long term invesetment  (Read 3051 times)
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:41:43 PM

Investment will be based on the capacity of investors if you have enough money to put in a long  run you can choose the long term but if you don't better stick to short term investment either of the two will give you a good return you just need to be wise in choosing investment like cryptocurrencies it is pretty sure that you will harvest a good return after some quite time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:46:37 PM

When it comes to the investment, many newcomers or people with frequent requirement find it difficult to invest for longer amount of time. Here by short investment i mean any investment which is less than year old. That investment has been cashed out within a year. And by long term investment I mean investment which will be kept for more than year ( ideally 10 years or so).
What do you think which is more beneficial short term investment or long term investment

i have a lot of free time so that i prefer short term investment with buy/sell in short time.

any way most of profits end in fee so that i prefer Long term investment.
if you have lots of free time and want an active profit I think you can use short term investments with trading. because it will make you a profit in the near term even just a few minutes you can get a profit. but the risk may be big enough if you're not patient and smart in choosing the right time. long-term investment is good for you if you're afraid of big risks due to fluctuations
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:47:27 PM

I would still stick with long term investment, based on my experience. Also, it does not require a lot of attention and eat most of your time focusing on the current market price and wandering around blog posts, news, updates, etc. regarding cryptocurrencies. Many people misunderstood the concept of long term investment. They thought that cryptocurrency investment is just for short term, this is due to the fast growth of BTC and Altcoins. Hence, they are inequipped with the right knowledge and experience once they started into this venture and will lead them to lose all their investment without knowing what really cause their fail.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:27:48 AM

Investment will be based on the capacity of investors if you have enough money to put in a long  run you can choose the long term but if you don't better stick to short term investment either of the two will give you a good return you just need to be wise in choosing investment like cryptocurrencies it is pretty sure that you will harvest a good return after some quite time.

no mate it doesnt matter if you have a huge or small capital, both of them can be applicable  on a short and a long term investment. in my case i only have a small start up capital when i started investing on bitcoin but as the time grows  the price of bitcoin also grows and now i can say that i have a made a really good income. overall money doesnt matter here, all does matter is your attitude on how you can handle the situations and your emotions to decide and think properly on what is good or bad for you.
WHMOB

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:37:22 AM

I think for alt coins you should do short term investing, but make sure you look at the coin history and dont buy at a high some have been known to be huge pump and dumps.

With Bitcoin I saw Buy low and keep the price will keep going up. (I wish I invested more when it was 1/10 the cost now)
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:45:19 AM

investing has risks, let alone this is the digital world, which of course very much cheating happens. if you are investing in 10 years, are you sure bitcoin will last for 10 years?
if you believe, you are ready to accept the advantages and disadvantages that could happen at any time. at least you should have experience to invest long term.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:47:37 AM

If you don't want to loss your capital investment which is very safe and secure, you must go further in a long term investment because in the end for sure you're going to receive a big reward profit base on your investment capital.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:49:53 AM

When it comes to the investment, many newcomers or people with frequent requirement find it difficult to invest for longer amount of time. Here by short investment i mean any investment which is less than year old. That investment has been cashed out within a year. And by long term investment I mean investment which will be kept for more than year ( ideally 10 years or so).
What do you think which is more beneficial short term investment or long term investment

in my opinion, short term investment and long term investment is always good for us because, in cryptocurrencies, we don't know when the price will increase high. so if we can have short term and long term, we can make a double profit and the best thing is we can always make a profit with short term investment.
Jabiii

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:05:14 AM

Investment should be long term because when you invest it means you need money for the future. You also need to be patient if you are to invest so that your efforts will have greater outcomes.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:24:11 AM

I prefer long term investment because I do have limited financial capacity so I always go to a much practical and less risky. If in due time I will invest in a short term, a week or in daily basis I will make sure of a good strategy that I will research for it and learn from those investors that is successful on it.
For me I do short term and long term investment, if you can do both to earn profit from trading it is good. Actually, it still depends on a person on how he can do the trading. If long term a big chance to earn big, with the short term profit will still achieve.

I think you were right. If having the chance to hold a much better or bigger money to invest, I will surely make to try both the same time. That much be time consuming for sure but I think it’s worth the effort if the profits is big. Long term or short term solely depend on one’s attitude toward aggressive investments and that should be weaponised with great understanding of how it effectively works.

HODL
just_strange32

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:26:29 AM

It's depend on how much you want to earn from Bitcoin, short-term bitcoin only for small profits but low risk. Long-term is for huge profits but it's high risk.
crypto4lambo

Activity: 210

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:14:00 AM

Well I think it depends on how you take risk. Trading in short  term is riskier but have the potential to earn more because you can get the ROI much faster and can profit more if and only if you will do it right. In trading you must at least know how to read charts and can analyze tehcnical indicators which is very crucial to succeed in this field. It is being used to know when to enter and when to exit a trade. As for investing in long term, there is also a risk in here because you can’t predict the future. But if invested in the right tool then it will be very rewarding. Plus you don’t have to struggle with the possibility of losing your investment because of wrong trades.

erasheed28

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:37:49 AM

I think Investment should be done as long term. Investment is usually done to make sure that when you need the money in the future, you can have something you can sell or you can get money. So in conclusion if you're going to invest, it should be long term.
Short term investment is for people who are active in trading and the main source of income is the investments itself so investment doesn't meant for long term purposes only and another thing is that long term investments carries greater risk than the short term investment due to passage of time where you do not know what will happen in the future and some events might cause the downfall of the investment.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:58:52 AM

I prefer long term investment than short term, long term investment gives you wider range of profit and you can evaluate more about your investment.
Short term investment sometimes are not stable and you might lose the money that you invest because you blind by the easy profit.
khayecee13

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:30:48 AM

I think this question can be answered depends on the capability and financial goal of the investor.
For most people, it is easier, and safer to plan on long-term investments. You can use a financial planner to figure out what your comfort level is for your risk and to find investments that match your comfort level. While short term investment can be beneficial in some cases where the investor itself knows the principle of trade market for this such a riskier business than the long term. This will include monitoring and knowing the movement the companies where your stocks are invested in.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:45:11 AM

In crypto currencies to me long term view is more profitable than short term view. Many here that have bought bitcoin early last year and hold till now can testified to this. I have been following price action since early last year and can tell you that the best way to make money in this market is long-term investment as you will be left behind if you trade bitcoin in short term. However, there are some day trading professionals that are taking the risk of buying low and selling high and they are making good money from up and down of the pricing.
takose46

Activity: 128

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:48:21 AM

I prefer long term investment than short term, long term investment gives you wider range of profit and you can evaluate more about your investment.
Short term investment sometimes are not stable and you might lose the money that you invest because you blind by the easy profit.
Yeah but the risk will be much more than short-term investment, long-term investment cost much time and time is valuable so everything have it's cost.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE   ]      ▬▬▬▬    BITVALVE
                                   ❱ BUY BITCOIN       ❱ BUY ETHEREUM                     BUY LITECOIN
                                             ❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:37:57 AM

The short term investment is not so more good for generating the high income , short term investment does not give you right idea to make more income from the bitcoin while the long term investment is good for generating the high income from bitcoin also it give you more idea about the bitcoin to generate income more then short term investment.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:53:33 AM

The short term investment is not so more good for generating the high income , short term investment does not give you right idea to make more income from the bitcoin while the long term investment is good for generating the high income from bitcoin also it give you more idea about the bitcoin to generate income more then short term investment.
if you know how to play with binary pairing both settings can be beneficial for you, its like gambling with btc movements and there's a lots of
people now a day who's playing with this, fluctuations are very usual with bitcoin and if you are aiming to earn more better to understand and
study all the possible venue which affect bitcoin price.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:00:55 AM

I think it would depend on the longevity of what you are investing in and your financial situation. 

If you invest in something like bitcoin then you would think long term is the best option as bitcoin has a long way to go before ir reaches it's peak.

You personal situation will feature also, if bitcoin reaches $50,000 in three months time and your plan was to hold it long term but you are poor or have lost your job etc, sadly you will need to cash out.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: