Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:08:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: short term investment or long term invesetment  (Read 3061 times)
lordquanta (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:22:46 AM

Watch the people who bought some bitcoins few years ago and picked a long term investing strategy. Now they are very rich people(if they HODL) still.
What is more, long term is much easier than short. Basicially trading is not eay taks, maybe here in crypto it is a little bit easier than in common stock exchanges because of huge boom which we have currently.
Well, with other alt-currencies are also on same track of returns. Like if you check the price of litecoin a year ago or so, it was somewhere 8 USD or something. Now it is 100 USD. That is within a year your return on investment is 10 times. Same with monero, a year ago it was around 24 dollars and was there with steady pricing. Now it is at 180USD. Same with the Ethereum, it was 25 dollars and now it is 400 usd. Thus point is with alt-coins you could still earn profit. Just make sure to stick with it for long. A person with some stock money which can be experiment with can return tremendous returns or some times it could crash and burn as well.
dobladi

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:31:37 AM

When it comes to the investment, many newcomers or people with frequent requirement find it difficult to invest for longer amount of time. Here by short investment i mean any investment which is less than year old. That investment has been cashed out within a year. And by long term investment I mean investment which will be kept for more than year ( ideally 10 years or so).
What do you think which is more beneficial short term investment or long term investment
i would vote for long term investment because it has a higher chance of earning huge profit. Indeed , in long term investment, it would take time but that period of time would surely be worth waitting for just like here in Bitcoin whcih is already proven that holding for a long period of time would yield to huge profit.

BitcoinIsTheAnswer

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:33:16 AM

When it comes to the investment, many newcomers or people with frequent requirement find it difficult to invest for longer amount of time. Here by short investment i mean any investment which is less than year old. That investment has been cashed out within a year. And by long term investment I mean investment which will be kept for more than year ( ideally 10 years or so).
What do you think which is more beneficial short term investment or long term investment

I think long term investment's are the key for success, no rush the things and they will become as you wanted.
Of course I'm not talking about long term 10 years, which is a lot of time, I'm talking about 2 or maybe 3 years holding.
darkangelosme

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:53:40 AM

Well for me it depends on a situations, if the company that i have chosen to invest my money can assure me the security of my investment yes i'll go for long term investment, i don't mind if i can only make profit for about 1% or 2% percent per year as long as my investment is secure  Smiley.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:18:29 AM

People nowadays are so used to having instant (noodles, message, mail) that they can't keep an investment for a longer amount of time. With cryptocurrency that is fast phase, it can satisfy the people investing in short term that is why many are enticed to invest on it. There are times that long term investment pays more than short term do but there are times as well when short term investment should have been done to prevent more losses. There are coins that go up thousand times at the beginning of the year and there are some that decrease in value because people just hold and believe that their coins would eventually moon but end up actually worthless. Never the less, just diversify your investment for long and short term so that you can manage the risk as well.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:25:42 AM

I think long term investment's are the key for success, no rush the things and they will become as you wanted.
Of course I'm not talking about long term 10 years, which is a lot of time, I'm talking about 2 or maybe 3 years holding.

10 years is also a good year to hold bitcoin I suppose. If you will be tracking the price pump of bitcoin starting from the past, from the time it was first released, it is a rough start but eventually the bitcoin price pumped at it's 8th year. If you will be waiting for another 2 years, that will be worthwhile to wait since the price is starting to pump the way we predicted it.

Another 10 years will be a lot long year but I think if you will be imagining what can bitcoin price attain in that year, that will be ten fold or maybe 20 to 30 fold the price today.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:42:17 AM

First of all, let me ask you– can you hold your investment for up to ten years without touching a bit of it? I don’t really think you can do that. Lots of people claims they do, but only 5% out of a 100% can do that. Short term Investment is good, if you believe you can hold your investment for at least one year, you can go for it, and Bitcoin will be the right choice at this time, as some people are saying it will go up to $15k each, or even go above that price rate.
lucy1215

Activity: 105

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:13:49 PM

For me Long term investment is more beneficial because in the time trend of crypto currencies most of the coins has an upside trending and that only means that as time goes by the worth or value of coins are getting much stronger and the longer we hold it the better the profit we will earn.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Uchelee2all

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:16:34 PM

So when is the best time to sell?
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:30:00 PM

In the two terms, I suggest anyone to invest for a long term.I think that will give a good profit. For waiting long term,everyone can be profited. For this reason, I vote for this matter is long term investment.

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:51:49 PM

To know which one is more beneficial, it would depend on the type of investment one is looking at. If you are looking at investment in the real sector of the economy, then you are looking at long term investment because in that case, you don't expect to ROI in the first five years the same thing if one is investing in the agricultural sector.

But if its the crypto world, then one year is a long term, short term is the best because within that period, a lot could have happen that would have made the investment appreciate, and also lost value. The best and most profitable is to monitor the market closely and do it short term.
Wexnident

Activity: 2562
Merit: 666

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:23:02 PM

Both are good and qill jist based on the perspective of an investor. But for me, short term investment is better and which I prefer because the profot will be earned in a short period of time so whwnever there'll be emergencies, the profit will be there to be used unlike in long term investment which needs a lot of time before earning the profit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:00:18 AM

I think the long term investment is more beneficial than short term investment because in long term investment, you can earn a lot of profit to it. For example you invest in bitcoin, the longer you store or save your money, the larger the profit you can have because the price of bitcoin is continuously increasing from time to time. It means that you need to be patient enough and responsible in order for you to be successful in life.
Off course I agree with you I will also prefer in long term investment because there will be less chances for lost to affect me and my economy power, I will always take decision to that direction in which I didn’t face many problems and troubles that’s why in the case of bitcoin long term investment are the most secure term ever.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:17:10 AM

In the two terms, I suggest anyone to invest for a long term.I think that will give a good profit. For waiting long term,everyone can be profited. For this reason, I vote for this matter is long term investment.

I agree with you, long term investment is good way to earn when it comes to gain more profit ( but it's depend in situation if you need a money. ) Anyways, the reason why long term investment is my choice because if you can see the value or price of bitcoin getting higher and higher, and that my opinion.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:53:45 PM

My vote is with long term Investments and I hope you are considering Bitcoin as an investment here.  Bitcoin can give real good amount of profit in both cases, whether it is long term investment or short term investment. But the fact is the longer you hold on your digital asset the greater are the chances of increasing capital. The rest is definitely up to the investor. I myself do long term investment and it has benefited me a lot.
ororch

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:07:19 PM

I also prefer long term investment, because it really doesn't take a lot of your time. You don't need to read a great amount of news about cryptocurrency, know every altercoins that exist in this world.
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 01:10:20 PM

First of all, let me ask you– can you hold your investment for up to ten years without touching a bit of it? I don’t really think you can do that. Lots of people claims they do, but only 5% out of a 100% can do that. Short term Investment is good, if you believe you can hold your investment for at least one year, you can go for it, and Bitcoin will be the right choice at this time, as some people are saying it will go up to $15k each, or even go above that price rate.
That is something that is really not possible. At least at a point when your investment has grown pretty huge, you will want to take out of it to invest in other areas while still leaving some in your initial investment as they keep growing. The essence of diversifying some part of profit from some investments is to enable the person to spread risks across investments rather than just leaving all eggs in one basket. Right now, in the crypto world, anything can happen but that does not mean you cannot go long term if you want since no one really knows how long bitcoin is going to keep riding on the bullish waves anyway, but the choice is left to each individual. Long term is good, which is why the 'never invest all that you have' saying will keep in going for life.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:42:42 PM

You can invest on either bitcoins or ethcoins depending on the amount of your capital and still you can work on bounty campaigns and earn bitcoins monthly, Time management is the best way to earn a lot of profit because multi tasking is the best way to earn more coins.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 02:05:08 PM

long term investment would generate you the most profit in my opinion, and I think most people investing bitcoin is doing this also. Though it depends on whether you can make a profit out of your investment in just a short amount of time it is proven quite a bit that people who tend to invest and wait longer are the one who will earn the most out of their investment.

trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:30:41 PM

Two investment models benefit. some investments are long-term and the investment costs are quite large. only large investment intent can slow cash flow cash flow at some points. so there is also a need for short term deposits. it increases the transaction volume. The important point here is that no investment is unilateral.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: