Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:43:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKitties - Ethereum's first blockchain game  (Read 2197 times)
TomCrypto

Activity: 715
Merit: 220

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:55:25 PM

Nice proof of concept of what the blockchain could bring and how it can Apply for games.
But it is also highlighting the strong Flaws of ethereum that cannot handle such a small game...
Now imagine that some hackers start to push this to the next level by using zombie computers doing multiple billions of transactions of Tiny eth transaction (it will require some eth to pay the fees  first but not so much I think). The eth network would be completly on its knees some exchange will be blocked some eth dapp will stop working and I don't know if the eth could recover from this type of "crypto ddos" attacks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hah

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:10:19 PM

It's a pretty interesting new game using ethereum smart contract but totally unplayable right now. The network is completely cogged up.

Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:27:22 PM

It's a pretty interesting new game using ethereum smart contract but totally unplayable right now. The network is completely cogged up.

This game push ethereum off the edge. It sad because ETH's goal is to be a decentralized computer dor DApp. I thought for a long time it was only for ICO, but the can't achieve their primary goal.
DevelopmentBank (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:40:48 PM

I thionk that criptokitties shows all the lows of Ethereum, not the heights! Just one little silly-smart game and all Ethereum network is congested and unusable.

I don't understand why people are acting surprised that Ethereum can't handle the volume generated by the crypto kitties game, even going so far as being negative about it. The current network transaction capacity is very well known.

Please stop all the FUD, Ethereum's current state is known and the foundation has laid out the scaling roadmap. Cryptokitties might be a bit annoying right meow, because it's clogging the network, but this is very good for Ethereum in the long run.
handsum242

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 04:28:50 PM

I thionk that criptokitties shows all the lows of Ethereum, not the heights! Just one little silly-smart game and all Ethereum network is congested and unusable.

Cryptokitties might be a bit annoying right meow, because it's clogging the network, but this is very good for Ethereum in the long run.
you mean that stupid game is killing ETH users right now !
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:33:38 PM

Played that game already. It's cute and funny, but also it's possible to earn crypto there. The game is mindblowing, i think Smiley
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:55:41 PM

This world has gone insane hahaha, people pay thousands of dollars for virtual kitties  Shocked
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:43:44 PM

Have any of you guys tried playing cryptokitties? The gist is you breed cats and sell rare breeds, all using Ethereum. No shitty altcoin or anything scammy. If you actually have the time, it is quite profitable.

I believe this game only goes further to show the potential of Ethereum to reach heights bitcoin has never known.

I honestly think that this block-chain game is really the bomb. Damn! This is freaking addictive! Lol.
This idea is just amazing. Why haven't this surfaced earlier? Would've been really awesome if bitcoin had a game like this back then. Would've really enjoyed playing it with bitcoin. Not that i do not enjoy it right now with eth,  im just sayin'

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
DevelopmentBank (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:37:00 AM

Nice proof of concept of what the blockchain could bring and how it can Apply for games.
But it is also highlighting the strong Flaws of ethereum that cannot handle such a small game...
Now imagine that some hackers start to push this to the next level by using zombie computers doing multiple billions of transactions of Tiny eth transaction (it will require some eth to pay the fees  first but not so much I think). The eth network would be completly on its knees some exchange will be blocked some eth dapp will stop working and I don't know if the eth could recover from this type of "crypto ddos" attacks

I understand why you might think that way. But again, please also consider the fact that the current network transaction capacity is very well known. Ethereum's current state is known and the foundation has laid out the scaling roadmap that will address this issue.

In terms of bringing the ETH network to it's knees with a "ddos dapp," its very unlikely because the attackers would then need to pay millions and millions of dollars just to do this. Why would anyone in their right mind do that? Not for profit because they would lose more even they shorted ETH. For spite? Thats costly rage.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 01:38:55 AM

Have any of you guys tried playing cryptokitties? The gist is you breed cats and sell rare breeds, all using Ethereum. No shitty altcoin or anything scammy. If you actually have the time, it is quite profitable.

I believe this game only goes further to show the potential of Ethereum to reach heights bitcoin has never known.

I have heard of this a week ago from my crypto friends. It sounds interesting since I was fond of online games before. I never thought it could go viral in just a short period of time. The idea of creating this game is great, letting people be introduced and become aware of the rising of crypocurrency's value. Blockchain is really amazing. I can say ETH will continue to rise and maybe just maybe might surpass Bitcoin , nobody knows.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:55:53 AM

I honestly think that this block-chain game is really the bomb. Damn! This is freaking addictive! Lol.
This idea is just amazing. Why haven't this surfaced earlier? Would've been really awesome if bitcoin had a game like this back then. Would've really enjoyed playing it with bitcoin. Not that i do not enjoy it right now with eth,  im just sayin'

Is there any strategy to the game? Or is it simply get a free cat and breed it with another and sell the offspring? personally I do not have the time to even understand how the game is played ( if it is a game ) so please someone playing answer my question..

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
wnfmzm74

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:56:54 AM

it's a good invest game,they are a lots of guys join the game .
popular in the world,and made a lots of guys earn money.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:12:25 AM

Breeding digital cats? That is an interesting game.  Is there a phone app for this? Yesterday my son said that he cannot make a transaction in etherdelta because of this cryptokitties. The word cryptokitties became so popular yesterday. 
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:17:23 AM

The application of blockchain in a game. the game is pretty straight forward and somehow it has a marketplace for those cats. The logic though the best way to represent blockchain and trading is amusing and somehow childfriendly!

Hxyro

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Bystander that oversees everything that's happeng

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:47:04 AM

Lot of rumors are spreading that CryptoKitties are affecting the ethereum  blockchain that results to hundred thousands of pending transaction. Now the phrase “kill the kitty" are spreading too xD
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:40:00 AM

I'm interested on first time i heard about cryptokitties that just little and simple game. and yes I've tried a few days ago it's quite fun and I already get profit now. cute, funny, and addictive game.
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:44:07 AM

This game push ethereum off the edge. It sad because ETH's goal is to be a decentralized computer dor DApp. I thought for a long time it was only for ICO, but the can't achieve their primary goal.

Pushed it to it's limit is all, when I reach my limit I personally push a little harder to hit my goal, kitties and all ETH is here to stay, I would bet on it.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:51:57 AM

wow that was insane, I tought that's just games for children because like tamagochi. I think I will try breed some cats  Shocked
n64

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:08:26 AM

Can't believe this is a real thing!!
wapperjaw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:20:30 AM

Is this still bogging down the ETH network? I was reading last night these little furry 4 legged things were doing so. But also said it's necessary to prove?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: