Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:06:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKitties - Ethereum's first blockchain game  (Read 2197 times)
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:23:30 AM

The game is cool but it is really affecting etherum network, i send centra to binance yesterday a tx id was generated the centra did not deposit to where i sent it to, they should look for a way to balance the cryptokitties of a thing and won't affect the etherum network it consumes 11% of etherum network and it affecting other people using the network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:30:01 AM

Visited the cryptokitty site and omg someone is selling a kitty worth 1m ether lol the owner will became an instant millionaire with this virtual kittys this game is unbelievable huge money involve Im sure someone will make similar to this game and will name like cryptodogie  Grin .    

kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:31:37 AM

it was smart to create based on the blockchain technology but i don't think i will play such a game but i hope the developers could make something better than a game to benefit more from this technology but in the end successful project that made them money so no one can say its a bad idea
DevelopmentBank (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:24:48 AM

So yeah, im pretty happy and sad that this game has had a negative impact on the Ethereum community. Sad because a lot have cashed out to bitcoin worrying about poor network capacity. Happy because i get to buy more cheap ethereum. Like i've said guys, Ethereum scaling is on the way and almost ready to be rolled out. Just wait and see Ethereum will moon. Thank me later!
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:27:05 AM

I think people now see nothing comes free, the game is well thought out but it is greatly affecting the network, it is spamming the network and because of the free money one is likely to get from it, the number of users have increase recently and something need to be done for people that want to do serious job

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:37:43 AM

Have any of you guys tried playing cryptokitties? The gist is you breed cats and sell rare breeds, all using Ethereum. No shitty altcoin or anything scammy. If you actually have the time, it is quite profitable.

I believe this game only goes further to show the potential of Ethereum to reach heights bitcoin has never known.
I don't know what interested about this kind of game, to me it's bad because the network suffer because of it and makes it expensive to send token or eth to another address. I thought that eth became really good after the fork, but it's not even one month and the congestion is back.

Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:03:25 AM

Its good to see the Blockchain challenged, and I have hopes that more non technical applications are developed with Cryptokitties being a testament to others, the devs have done a great job!

Yes its good to see blockchain challenged but they shouldn't do it in a way that it will affect the ETH network
I sent a token to liqui. A tx fee was even generated except if it will deliver just when i am typing this. 
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:54:09 PM

I bought two kitties, made a new one and was badly surprised that I actually need money to sell it. And it costs about 8$, lol.

You are clearly a genius. In you place I would seriously think to open a large scale kitten factory.
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:58:35 PM

I bought two kitties, made a new one and was badly surprised that I actually need money to sell it. And it costs about 8$, lol.

You are clearly a genius. In you place I would seriously think to open a large scale kitten factory.
If one such game that is gaining popularity and with which you can make a profit - creates such problems with transactions and so on, it is possible in the future will come up with other, alternative games? What will happen then Huh

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 12:21:13 AM

i know this from my friends, this is game make ethereum network like disaster, everythings going hard since this game introduce in ethereum platform  Grin Grin

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:22:36 AM

I never heard of it until it hit the news for slowing down the network

I can't believe that these cats are selling for over $100

You might make some money on it LOL

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

Martinkuhn

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:56:22 AM

My transaction is not going thru due to the congestion caused by these kitties..urghhh

I think the developers need to work on a off-chain solution. There is no need for the trading to be done on the blockchain.
they can create their own exchange and record the ownership on their own site. leave only the breeding of the kitties using the
smart contract on the blockchain..

this will definitely reduce the load on the ethereum blockchain.

I am sure cryptopuppies, cryptohamster, cryptobunnies are coming up...so pls work on a off-chain solution.

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:27:44 AM

Its good to see the Blockchain challenged, and I have hopes that more non technical applications are developed with Cryptokitties being a testament to others, the devs have done a great job!

Yes its good to see blockchain challenged but they shouldn't do it in a way that it will affect the ETH network
I sent a token to liqui. A tx fee was even generated except if it will deliver just when i am typing this. 
Look.. these ETH guys have been developing blockchain for years, you really think a little kitty is going to take down the network they have put their heart and soul into?
My transaction is not going thru due to the congestion caused by these kitties..urghhh

I think the developers need to work on a off-chain solution. There is no need for the trading to be done on the blockchain.
they can create their own exchange and record the ownership on their own site. leave only the breeding of the kitties using the
smart contract on the blockchain..

this will definitely reduce the load on the ethereum blockchain.

I am sure cryptopuppies, cryptohamster, cryptobunnies are coming up...so pls work on a off-chain solution.
If they encourage an offchain option it will be the time to worry about ETH, this is what ETH was rolled out for, less people play games than the people that need to send email chains back and forth securely, if ETH can't handle 5 more games just like the kitties than Blockchain Technology for transferring information is doomed, ETH is poised to take a lead in the race of token networking and smart contracts and the kitties should forever be referred to as the "damn kittens" that somehow managed to smash the competition.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
pksingh

Activity: 218

BCT Manager

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 09:28:08 AM

I have an EIP pending on ETH.
You may consider voting to increase its priority.

Link is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2479576.msg25382657#msg25382657
popularico

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 08:13:41 PM

Tried it too out of curiosity. However, I tried buying one, set the Gas limit/price high enough (gas limit 80,000, price 40Gwei), and the transaction failed. But I also lost the gas. Happened 3 times already, anyone know the cause? And is it normal if a transaction fails to lose your gas money?
cryptogideon19

Activity: 316

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:17:10 AM

How to play to this kind of project of kitties? and any Site? How much the minimum to buy?
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:36:55 AM

Have any of you guys tried playing cryptokitties?

Ive heard of this crypto kitties way back november when it was still on beta, i didnt get the chance to be one of the beta tester, as ive heard from the feed back it was quite amusing but i did believe that those kitties would cost so much, everyone on reddit is questioning on how does a virtual crypto game would be that valuable.
thaliaand

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:05:06 AM

So this is "CryptoKitties". I've been hearing about this "kitten" which caused the problem in ethereum network. And I've just known that it is a blockchain game. Yeah, I'm fairly new here dude. And now I'm curious with the game  Grin  Grin .
mbakruroh

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:19:34 AM

I think cryptokitties are indeed a game in ethereum in order to benefit, because it looks very strange and there is no definite fundamental thing. hopefully soon there is an improvement because the existence of cryptokitties make a lot of problems.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:54:40 AM

Yes.. They must fix the txn speed

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: