Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:22:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Selloff = CampBX down?  (Read 1795 times)
P239 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:48:02 PM

Does CampBX always go down when things get exciting?   Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:23:03 PM

Looks like I'm gonna have to sit through this downturn since CampBX can't handle this.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:25:32 PM

Their site is so sluggish under normal circumstances that for them the line between "up" and "down" is rather blurry...
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 11:49:53 PM

P239,
     Our sincerest apologies for the slowdown during today's spike in activity.  To give you an overview of the problem, our trade-engine code executes trades in under 20ms, however the Bitcoin-bound code takes 10x-30x longer to settle the trade.  Bitcoin client is still in beta at version 0.8, so putting heavy, real-time load through it is the performance bottleneck.  All Bitcoin start-ups are struggling around the same issue.  Other Bitcoin websites use a detached/decoupled architecture to work around the problem, while we have decided to take a different approach and fix the root cause.

This will take us till end of the month to implement, but at the end we will be more like NYSE and less like MtGox.  We are also working on a major data center upgrade and new servers are undergoing testing.

Our apologies again for the sluggishness in the meantime,
      Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:52:46 PM

P239,
     Our sincerest apologies for the slowdown during today's spike in activity.  To give you an overview of the problem, our trade-engine code executes trades in under 20ms, however the Bitcoin-bound code takes 10x-30x longer to settle the trade.  Bitcoin client is still in beta at version 0.8, so putting heavy, real-time load through it is the performance bottleneck.  All Bitcoin start-ups are struggling around the same issue.  Other Bitcoin websites use a detached/decoupled architecture to work around the problem, while we have decided to take a different approach and fix the root cause.

This will take us till end of the month to implement, but at the end we will be more like NYSE and less like MtGox.  We are also working on a major data center upgrade and new servers are undergoing testing.

Our apologies again for the sluggishness in the meantime,
      Keyur

so you mean to say people will money by using your site?  what if there's panic selling on steroids tomorrow and btc is down to 10???  you think that's ok?

people think where you deposit your hard earned money.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 12:01:17 AM

so you mean to say people will money by using your site?  what if there's panic selling on steroids tomorrow and btc is down to 10???  you think that's ok?

TW,
    All Bitcoin websites are susceptible to slow-downs during peak activity.  What we are trying to convey is that we are working on a permanent fix to this issue.

Thank you,
    Keyur

bronco

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 12:14:57 AM

it takes me like 5 min to just login to camp bs
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:36:49 AM

Nice to see that they are working on a permanent solution.

But, just like every other exchange, they are quite a bit late getting there  Cheesy

I still use CampBX and I even though I hate the UI (takes like 2 full page loads to do anything, I preferred Bitfloor's or even BTC-e and Vircurex have a much quicker interface) I enjoy easy deposit options, and regulatory compliance means they might just not get randomly shut down.

That being said, I do use several other exchanges simultaneously, so that when (notice how I didn't say if Wink) CampBX goes down during significant price move, I still have access to 75% of my trading stash.

Keep up the crazy work Keyur, hopefully y'all get that fix implemented so everyone will stop complaining. You know how cranky people get when they are losing money  Tongue Just like how cranky I got when my MO took an extra week to go through.
Arcas

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:44:57 AM

Here's a picture of the Campbx's transaction server. Don't stare at it too hard, it might get nervous and freeze up.
PerfectAgent

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:39:20 AM

TW,
    All Bitcoin websites are susceptible to slow-downs during peak activity.  What we are trying to convey is that we are working on a permanent fix to this issue.

Thank you,
    Keyur

I got a question about CampBX downtime... If I have an order set before the website is inoperable, will any pending orders be filled anyway? Thanks!

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 08:22:08 PM

I got a question about CampBX downtime... If I have an order set before the website is inoperable, will any pending orders be filled anyway? Thanks!

Orders on book are not affected by slowdown, and will get filled.

xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:47:01 PM

On a related note, I submitted verification documents 11 days ago.  Opened a tech support ticket this morning (which I realize won't be read until monday).

How long does verification take?

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
PerfectAgent

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 09:22:09 PM

Verification takes 30 days iirc. And thanks for letting me know Keyur! That's a relief.

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 12:25:16 AM

Wait what?  Your trading engine is directly linked to the Bitcoin client, so that each trade is sent as transactions to your bitcoin client and broadcast to the blockchain...(this seems like madness)
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:25:20 AM

Wait what?  Your trading engine is directly linked to the Bitcoin client, so that each trade is sent as transactions to your bitcoin client and broadcast to the blockchain...(this seems like madness)

I think this is one of their security policies - I remember reading 'bitcoins never stored on our servers' in one of the press releases for an exchange, I guess that makes sense for it to be this one.

I can't see how it's workable either Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: