Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How low is it going to go? $25, $15, $5, $2?  (Read 2580 times)
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:04:05 AM

Asic miners will have to unplug their rigs at around $1.21 unless they have free electricity.

Calculations using 10w/1Gh/s@ $0.12/kwh

This is stupid nobody's going to turn off their rigs unless they are completely broke. I doubt there are many people who are insolvent who own ASIC rigs.

Bitcoins will rebound in time no matter how low the price goes so mining and holding makes sense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:15:03 AM

Btw, I expect the same thing to happen soon in the stock, bond and most other financial markets - when people realize how crazy the politicians and central bankers are, and that practically every financial market is in a bubble.

Well if sheeple like you think that then it's probably not going to happen LOL

as if you're not a sheep.  we all are, dont forget that. that's why we are here trying to play the btc market, posting in this forum typing as if we all know shit. if we werent sheep, we'd have billions and all the insider info to make more billions.

so stfu and quit acting you're higher than everyone else nerd.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
xavier

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 12:18:06 PM

Btw, I expect the same thing to happen soon in the stock, bond and most other financial markets - when people realize how crazy the politicians and central bankers are, and that practically every financial market is in a bubble.

Well if sheeple like you think that then it's probably not going to happen LOL

Most people think that it won't happen. I cant find a single person I know who thinks that we are looking at a big deflation in the financial markets soon. Most people seem to think there is some kind of "recovery" going on.
Einewton (OP)

Activity: 256

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:32:26 AM

It'll go way over $266 at some point, there's not doubt about that. I think we might land into the teens, and maybe dip into the single digits. As the graphs that I posed, I believe that as of right now, mining (and large hacks) has an influence on the price.

-= Got BitCoin? =-
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:04:22 AM

It'll go way over $266 at some point, there's not doubt about that. I think we might land into the teens, and maybe dip into the single digits. As the graphs that I posed, I believe that as of right now, mining (and large hacks) has an influence on the price.

No doubt?  Roll Eyes

Riiiight. None at all.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:30:47 AM

I'm as bearish as the come but I for the life of me, can not buy into this 30-20, teens, single digits theories.  Maybe it's ignorance but I just don't see how we're going to fall that low.  I fully expected we would retest our lows of 50ish but below that, I'm just not seeing. 

Prepared for either but I just think even breaking into the 40's is a real long shot.  And for anyone that knows my rhetoric, that's saying alot.  Either case, thanks for the TA.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:33:34 AM

The interesting thing for me is the last bitcoin bubble was partly blamed on Cyprus and their catastrophic banking situation.  Whether it was actual Cypriots buying bitcoin to get money out of the country, or speculators buying in anticipation of that event (sell the sizzle, not the sausage, buy the rumour, sell the news, etc), is unknown at this point.  If it was Cypriots buying to save their money they really went out of the frying pan and into the fire.  Some would be looking at losses of well over 50% right now.

The important thing is bitcoin may have shown itself to the world as not being a safe haven in troubled times.  Sure, it's useful for getting money out and bypassing an autocratic government, but for actually keeping money there it's about as stable as any third world currency.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:35:10 AM

I'm as bearish as the come but I for the life of me, can not buy into this 30-20, teens, single digits theories.  Maybe it's ignorance but I just don't see how we're going to fall that low.  I fully expected we would retest our lows of 50ish but below that, I'm just not seeing. 

Prepared for either but I just think even breaking into the 40's is a real long shot.  And for anyone that knows my rhetoric, that's saying alot.  Either case, thanks for the TA.

I would think that, in order for this to truly be over, even someone such as you needs to be shocked. I would expect a bounce from $50, only to plummet right through it as the last of the big holders who are willing to sell takes what they perceive to be their last opportunity to be wealthy.

IMHO.
xavier

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:36:44 AM

My price target is $30.

I don't think we're going straight there, but give it 1-2 months.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:51:44 AM

I'm as bearish as the come but I for the life of me, can not buy into this 30-20, teens, single digits theories.  Maybe it's ignorance but I just don't see how we're going to fall that low.  I fully expected we would retest our lows of 50ish but below that, I'm just not seeing.  

Prepared for either but I just think even breaking into the 40's is a real long shot.  And for anyone that knows my rhetoric, that's saying alot.  Either case, thanks for the TA.

I would think that, in order for this to truly be over, even someone such as you needs to be shocked. I would expect a bounce from $50, only to plummet right through it as the last of the big holders who are willing to sell takes what they perceive to be their last opportunity to be wealthy.

IMHO.

Certainly a possibility.  I will be shocked if we breakthrough 50 and if I'm holding coins, which I probably will be, I wont be happy about it as I would certainly take a loss before I ride this thing to $10.  But I hate taking losses of any size.   Grin  Put simply, breaking though 50 while holding majority BTC, would send me into "panic" mode for sure.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Wagner2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:34:08 AM

Short term? I think it is likely to go as low as $20 - $30

Long term? $0 or $100000

Hello, fellow Bitcoin Billionaires!!
Einewton (OP)

Activity: 256

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:42:43 PM

Short term? I think it is likely to go as low as $20 - $30

Long term? $0 or $100000

I hear a lot of $30's and I think that's a fair price to start buying in at... We can speculate all day $0.10 $1, $5, $30, $50, $70, whatever... What I'm watching for is some kind of stagnation that will clue me in that things are turning over.. This doesn't happen in a day, week or even a month...

I'm waiting for the price to hold under a certain amount for 1 - 2 months... For example if we sit here and bounce around under $80 - $60 for 60 day's, that's the clue that it's ready to gather funds to swallow BTC..

I'm big believer that history eventually repeats itself. So, let's go back and look at this graph below, we can see that for about 3 months the volume is there, and it bounced on/under $4.

-= Got BitCoin? =-
Jazkal

Activity: 319

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:06:41 PM

Most people think that it won't happen. I cant find a single person I know who thinks that we are looking at a big deflation in the financial markets soon. Most people seem to think there is some kind of "recovery" going on.
I'm guessing everyone you know get's their news from the MSM. There is plenty of info out there that points to a Bond bubble popping soon. But you won't hear any of it on the MSM. After it happens, all you will hear on the MSM is: "No one could have predicted the bonds crashing".

Image from this article: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-05/opportunity-squandered-we-blew-it

Personally, on this "recovery" you mentioned....  I can't find any actual evidence it exists, unless because the talking heads on TV say it is true, it must be true, right?
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:32:14 PM

We've already hit bottom. We are not going below $60 without some serious negative news. Bye bye bears.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: