Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL (BF Labs Inc; Butterfly Labs) officially refusing to refund their customers.  (Read 18248 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:11:29 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.msg1233371#msg1233371

Re: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM
September 30, 2012, 19:15:17
What doesn't feel right to me about BFL is their customer service.

I had placed an order for two Single SCs and prior to sending the wire transfer I asked them whether there would be any guarantee that they will ship the units to me before the end of the year, otherwise I'd request my money back. The answer I received was pretty elusive, that they would start shipping, but they can't guarantee whether I'd be getting mine or not in the first batch(es).

I think any company that runs its business solidly should know the answer to that question. It's simple math: We have X preorders and we're producing Y units in our first batch. We do, or do not, have your order covered.

Needless to say, I backed out of my order with them. Btcfpga's ASIC seems to look a lot better now.

That said, I don't believe they are a scam, I believe they will eventually ship their asics, just not to everyone, and a lot of people will be left behind and probably never recover their investment.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:00:01 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.msg1233371#msg1233371

Re: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM
September 30, 2012, 19:15:17
What doesn't feel right to me about BFL is their customer service.

I had placed an order for two Single SCs and prior to sending the wire transfer I asked them whether there would be any guarantee that they will ship the units to me before the end of the year, otherwise I'd request my money back. The answer I received was pretty elusive, that they would start shipping, but they can't guarantee whether I'd be getting mine or not in the first batch(es).

I think any company that runs its business solidly should know the answer to that question. It's simple math: We have X preorders and we're producing Y units in our first batch. We do, or do not, have your order covered.

Needless to say, I backed out of my order with them. Btcfpga's ASIC seems to look a lot better now.

That said, I don't believe they are a scam, I believe they will eventually ship their asics, just not to everyone, and a lot of people will be left behind and probably never recover their investment.

ROFLMAO!!!!!   Well, we all know how his second choice ended!!!  The bASIC fail, where Buzzdave claimed (lied) he saw Tom's working real ASIC btw.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:02:11 PM

Please don't report BFL to the FTC, such distractions might push out my shipping date even further out.  Grin Grin Grin
∞ + x = ∞

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:05:42 PM

Please don't report BFL to the FTC, such distractions might push out my shipping date even further out.  Grin Grin Grin
∞ + x = ∞

Lol, is that infinity, or Butterfly? Grin

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:08:12 PM

∞ + x = ∞

Lol it was meant to be "infinity", I didn't realise their thread resembled an infinity symbol.
Quite ironic, isn't it.

Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:34:19 PM

RE: "That said, I don't believe they are a scam, I believe they will eventually ship their asics, just not to everyone, and a lot of people will be left behind and probably never recover their investment."

But that's the definition of a scam.  It isn't just: "take a bunch of money and disappear with it all."  Lots of cons and frauds run with some getting return - maybe big return.  That's how they stay in business. 

It's called partial reinforcement scheduling.  If you want to keep 50 sheep at the fence, feed two some grain, then stay in sight of all of them, and they'll all stay, hoping they get theirs.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:49:42 PM

Please don't report BFL to the FTC, such distractions might push out my shipping date even further out.  Grin Grin Grin
∞ + x = ∞

Lol it was meant to be "infinity", I didn't realise their thread resembled an infinity symbol.
Quite ironic, isn't it.

Dude, their actual logo is an infinity sign, that's what's hilarious!!

I'm surprised no one has picked up on this before!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Loredo

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:57:38 PM

Please don't report BFL to the FTC, such distractions might push out my shipping date even further out.  Grin Grin Grin
∞ + x = ∞

Quite ironic, isn't it.

Actually, it's a Mobius strip, isn't it?  I have heard that (maybe a myth) the infinity symbol derives from the Mobius strip.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:08:09 PM

I have heard that (maybe a myth) the infinity symbol derives from the Mobius strip.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_symbol

Loredo

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:16:03 PM

I have heard that (maybe a myth) the infinity symbol derives from the Mobius strip.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_symbol
Thank you.  From that article:

In the works of Vladimir Nabokov, including The Gift and Pale Fire, the figure-eight shape is used symbolically to refer to the Möbius strip and the infinite, for instance in these books' descriptions of the shapes of bicycle tire tracks and of the outlines of half-remembered people.

But the first usage of the symbol is much earlier than Mobius. 
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:19:29 PM

Just to drive one of Phinn's points deeper into everybody's head:

"Sales are final" does not apply unless there was an actual sale taking place. If you have not received your unit, there was no sale - only a (pre)order.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
SLok

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:15:15 PM

∞ + x = ∞

Quite ironic, isn't it.

Maybe because not everyone fails the basic math knowledge to see the difference between the infinity symbol, and a Lorenz Attractor' styled butterfly?
By the lack of you giving an answer btw, as the KNC expert, to the question how many units KNC will withhold, I understand that you still don't know how many units, or better THash, KNC will take from their production run to mine bitcoins for themselves?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 05:20:31 PM

∞ + x = ∞

Quite ironic, isn't it.

Actually, it's a Mobius strip, isn't it?  I have heard that (maybe a myth) the infinity symbol derives from the Mobius strip.

Actually it's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_attractor

The Lorenz system is a system of ordinary differential equations (the Lorenz equations) first studied by Edward Lorenz. It is notable for having chaotic solutions for certain parameter values and initial conditions. In particular, the Lorenz attractor is a set of chaotic solutions of the Lorenz system which, when plotted, resemble a butterfly or figure eight.

Of which BFL is on record in stating that that's not where their logo was derived.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 05:26:51 PM

RE: "That said, I don't believe they are a scam, I believe they will eventually ship their asics, just not to everyone, and a lot of people will be left behind and probably never recover their investment."

But that's the definition of a scam.  It isn't just: "take a bunch of money and disappear with it all."  Lots of cons and frauds run with some getting return - maybe big return.  That's how they stay in business.  

It's called partial reinforcement scheduling.  If you want to keep 50 sheep at the fence, feed two some grain, then stay in sight of all of them, and they'll all stay, hoping they get theirs.

Somebody may need to redo this chart reflecting as it applies to BFL.

SLok

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:31:50 PM

Might be a fine job for you, you don't seem to have anything imported at hand lately to do with your life besides hanging around here in the BFL topics?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 05:59:06 PM

Might be a fine job for you, you don't seem to have anything imported at hand lately to do with your life besides hanging around here in the BFL topics?

Except jacking off to MFC girls, barn wood, and writing a book (non-fiction not necessarily Bitcoin related).

And making pies.

And spending a hour each morning with autistic adults. Ironically (factually), I pitch a Nerf-like baseball to a guy name Joss. Another guy, named Larry (an Afro-American), just started coming around to speaking again since being dramatized at a younger age thanks, in part, to my efforts. I also taught him to shake hands.

As a whole, and to be fair, SLok, your assessment is somewhat accurate.
SLok

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:12:14 PM

Now what, playing the sentimental game? Want a tap on the back, good boy? wtf Larry the "afro-american"? Is that some special qualification?

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:33:09 PM

Now what, playing the sentimental game? Want a tap on the back, good boy? wtf Larry the "afro-american"? Is that some special qualification?

How are those BFL sample chips tasting? How many TMWs has it been?

In other news, everyone who has an order with BFL can get a refund until they receive their unit. Contact BFL, if they don't comply, contact PayPal. If you didn't order via PayPal fill out a complaint with the FTC and then forward that to BFL as well. You will get your refund if BFL hasn't yet shipped your products to you.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:37:28 PM

I understand that you still don't know how many units, or better THash, KNC will take from their production run to mine bitcoins for themselves?

Are we to assume with this particular phraseology, that you have some concrete insider information about America's favorite Bitcoin ASIC company ? More specifically, the implication that they are definitively using their production to mine bitcoins for themselves as you are accusing KNC of doing ?

Do tell.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:13:19 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!!   Well, we all know how his second choice ended!!!  The bASIC fail, where Buzzdave claimed (lied) he saw Tom's working real ASIC btw.
bASIC fail or not, at least I and other bASIC customers got a refund for our bASIC orders that never got delivered in January 2013 which allowed us to participate in Avalon Batch #2

There is a lot to be said about the bASIC messup (heck, I would have ended up with 30 Avalon Batch #1 units if I did not got lured into bASIC) but at least Tom (and Buzzdave) kept their word and refunded all their customers.

I wonder if BFL customers feel so lucky at this point? Oh for fun, let's have a look at bitcoindifficulty.com, Next difficulty (estimate): 26,844,091

Sweet...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: