Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:32:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too many new users posting FUD (part XVII)  (Read 2016 times)
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:12:26 AM

I think ~$30 was around a bit before the second bubble really started taking off.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:31:34 AM

The signal to noise ratio went up so high in this subforum during the bubble-up that I've found very little desire to post much anymore. Just reading any thread, I'm mentally discarding half of the crap that people are spouting on here. The idea of an 11 month long sideways market never got me excited before, but now I feel like it would restore the order in here, and I miss the good ol' days. Nice to be in a position where no matter what happens, I'm going to win.   Wink
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:43:47 AM

It's amazing how so many people are willing to register to Bitcointalk just to come to this subforum to post about the end of Bitcoin™

So tell me new users: what are your reasons? who is paying you?  Cheesy
New users simply cant understand why the sure thing they invested in to be a millionaire in no time, only get a fraction of the investment now as they need to cash out to pay for bills. So they sign up to bitcointalk and post silly posts.

I think ~$30 was around a bit before the second bubble really started taking off.
Thinking is better left for the Horses as they have bigger heads. $13 was a staple price for a long time before the mania has set in. $30 is just the high for the 2011 bubble and was passed in a week.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:55:30 PM

$13 was a staple price for a long time before the mania has set in. $30 is just the high for the 2011 bubble and was passed in a week.

I would consider $13 a full deflation of the current bubble.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:17:21 PM

$13 was a staple price for a long time before the mania has set in. $30 is just the high for the 2011 bubble and was passed in a week.

It's probably more complicated... Bubbles all the way down Smiley

monkofnothing

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:25:55 PM

It's probably more complicated... Bubbles all the way down Smiley

http://www.scientificamerican.com/media/gallery/3CAAB41D-F99D-8F77-C770936D6BA9A399_2.jpg

I'm in at 13! That would be awesome!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:46:10 PM

Serious question:  When people say "$150+ was unrealistic, obvious bubble, a boil on the face of Bitcoin that had to pop & something something pathos rant...  $30 is the right price!"  Why 30?  Is that a point at which 1BTC matches the combined value of SR?  I'm serious.  What makes 150 "too high" while 30's just right?  Seems pretty random.
Think about it this way: Since the start of 2013, how much fundamental growth has occurred? I'd suspect that 100% growth is pretty close. 1000%+, not so much...

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:00:53 AM

bitcoin will never be dead as long as blackmarkets and other sites still utilize it.  what causes these fluctuations are ivestors/speculators thinking they can make a quick buck. some have made a quick ROI, others have lost and are getting out thinking it will never recover, so price drops. new investors hear about it, some new whales invests $1-3M on the market and everyone jumps back on ship causing the market to bubble.  those who dont panic and sell for less than they bought will be okay.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:48:33 AM

Serious question:  When people say "$150+ was unrealistic, obvious bubble, a boil on the face of Bitcoin that had to pop & something something pathos rant...  $30 is the right price!"  Why 30?  Is that a point at which 1BTC matches the combined value of SR?  I'm serious.  What makes 150 "too high" while 30's just right?  Seems pretty random.
Think about it this way: Since the start of 2013, how much fundamental growth has occurred? I'd suspect that 100% growth is pretty close. 1000%+, not so much...

I can only guess how much fundamental growth has occurred since the start of the year, SR doesn't publish quarterly financials.  If it did, i still wouldn't know quite what to do with the data -- for SR, Bitcoin may simply be a token system, like the tokens used in the NYC subway.  

5.4 million people a day ride the subway, at one time mostly paying in tokens.  This quickly changed, now the tokens are worthless, magnetic strip cards are the way to go.  Was NYC subway fundamental to valuating the tokens?  Sure, assuming it continued using those tokens.  It didn't.
Luckily, while i used those tokens daily, *i did not invest in them,* so the transition to magnetic strips was relatively painless.  

The thing that worries me is after Bitcoin succeeds in making cryptocurrency attractive to the masses. some giant, like Amazon, will simply put its weight behind an altcoin, making Bitcoin as relevant as My Space to its Facebook.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:23:31 AM

So tell me new users: what are your reasons? who is paying you?  Cheesy

The Illuminati and Goldman Sachs is paying us. We are also responsible for the Gold price crash. Wink

Seriously dude! Bitcointalk is actually losing members. So what are you talking about?

Bitcoin was a bubble in April 2013 and now the bubble is deflating. Nothing to worry about. It's quite healthy for Bitcoin to go back to the $10-$20 range.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
monkofnothing

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:04:08 PM

They may be waiting to buy in like I am which as of now looks like its a few months from now. Hope this helps because insight into the newbie mind is my only expertise in bitcoin since I am a newbie myself.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: