Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 02:22:04 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We Need Roulette  (Read 7469 times)
Fiyasko
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428


Okey Dokey Lokey


View Profile
July 01, 2011, 05:17:33 PM
 #1

We quite simply put, We need the gambling game Roulette. It's a great game!

I've seen mudders about how there is a bitcoin roulette, but i've seen nothing more than that One screen shot.
Cant find a game
Main site for it's down


So Somebody who knows how. Make a roulette table. That would be so sweet. you could rake in so much money with commssion fees

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
1480861324
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480861324

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480861324
Reply with quote  #2

1480861324
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1480861324
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480861324

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480861324
Reply with quote  #2

1480861324
Report to moderator
1480861324
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480861324

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480861324
Reply with quote  #2

1480861324
Report to moderator
1480861324
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480861324

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480861324
Reply with quote  #2

1480861324
Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1344



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 05:29:56 PM
 #2

Would be extraordinarily easy to program too.  Aside from making the graphics all fancy.
Fiyasko
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428


Okey Dokey Lokey


View Profile
July 01, 2011, 05:39:00 PM
 #3

Would be extraordinarily easy to program too.  Aside from making the graphics all fancy.
Well the graphics shant be too hard. I wouldnt complain if thier was no shading and it was drawn is mspaint. Just makesure it's Clean.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
SgtSpike
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1344



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 06:05:29 PM
 #4

I mean, really all a roulette table is, in code, is a random number generator with a bunch of checks on the number to see which betting positions the end result potentially matches.  IIRC, the default odds are in favor of the house at about 52%, which is close enough that any decent roulette operation would need to have a good-sized backing of money, to account for variance.

If someone wants to put up the funds for the variance, I'll code it.  Eventually, anyway.  Have a fairly large project in the pipe already, but after that's done, I'll do it if no one else has.

EDIT:  I take that back - I believe it would be illegal for me to start up a gambling website in the US.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.
GamblingPurveyor
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 72



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 06:34:38 PM
 #5

I would say you're absolutely right. However, some people believe that the government won't count Bitcoin gambling as really being gambling. Hence, you have Dragon's Tale, which is hosted in Pennsylvania, and Bitcoin Gamer, which is run by a company chartered in Kentucky (and includes a simple Roulette game). If they're wrong, they won't find out until the government decides to crack down on gambling, and then you'll see scrambling.

Hosting legally in Europe or the UK requires a license so expensive that the back-up money for the game would be the least of your concerns. You'd still get arrested by US authorities, however, even if your site is abroad.

These legal concerns are why I host on TOR.

By far the hardest part of making a Roulette game would be making a wheel that doesn't look like shit. (Bitcoin Gamer's Roulette wheel looks like garbage).  By far the easiest way to get acceptable graphics for Roulette would be to write an OpenGL-based downloadable client-- but people should be afraid to download something like that, because you could bundle a wallet stealer with that.

You could of course buy a system such as Real Time Gaming. That is what most of the established casinos do.
DaMan
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 84



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:31:35 PM
 #6

Work in progress ...
Fiyasko
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428


Okey Dokey Lokey


View Profile
July 01, 2011, 08:54:16 PM
 #7

Work in progress ...
Oh? your building a roulette table?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Fiyasko
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428


Okey Dokey Lokey


View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:04:34 PM
 #8

One of the Most Important features of roulette is the ability to bet in multiple places, The game is based upon this element, BitcoinGamers CrapTACULAR roulette game only allows you to place One bet at a time

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
x0Jakeyboy0x
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 214



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:52:08 PM
 #9

One of the Most Important features of roulette is the ability to bet in multiple places, The game is based upon this element, BitcoinGamers CrapTACULAR roulette game only allows you to place One bet at a time

Which reduces your chances of winning tremendously. I concur.

1Jakey5Lum1P3XEh8b5UZvziNVn5eXc9dX
CNMOH
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 56



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:54:32 PM
 #10

One of the Most Important features of roulette is the ability to bet in multiple places, The game is based upon this element, BitcoinGamers CrapTACULAR roulette game only allows you to place One bet at a time

Which reduces your chances of winning tremendously. I concur.
How do you figure? I'm pretty sure your odds are the same regardless of how many bets you can place at a time.

Fiyasko
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428


Okey Dokey Lokey


View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:03:43 PM
 #11

One of the Most Important features of roulette is the ability to bet in multiple places, The game is based upon this element, BitcoinGamers CrapTACULAR roulette game only allows you to place One bet at a time

Which reduces your chances of winning tremendously. I concur.
How do you figure? I'm pretty sure your odds are the same regardless of how many bets you can place at a time.

Im going to assume you've never played Roulette in a Casino before have you?
Placing multiple bets is the only way to seemingly beat the house.
With nothing but singular bets, the house will theoretically always win.

Say i bet on the 1st collum
Thats 33% win 64%loose with 33%=300%
If i bet on 1st collum and 1st-12
Then it becomes around 44% to win 300% 56%loose With a chance to win 600% of my bet because i can win money from both bets from One spin

Roulette is based upon the ability to bet multiple times. Because say i loose on that double bet, I lost Twice my regular bet. But if i hit that 600% then i make back all the money and then double the bet (200% to pay for the bet 400%profit)\


http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
MrMoon
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 74


Cosmonaut


View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:05:31 PM
 #12

This would be really cool to implement but the person who did it would be required to have a pretty large bank.

moonco.in
bitbetter
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 70


I want to feel your empty heart.


View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:09:59 PM
 #13

This would be really cool to implement but the person who did it would be required to have a pretty large bank.

The way I've worked the poker games at my site could also be run for a roulette game as well. If you guys have any links to any type of open-source roulette software we can implement it. Might take a day or two, but I bet you someone will have it up soon.

The only roulette games I've seen have been those lame ass text versions. I'll post back on this thread if we're able to make any headway.

  BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
Fiyasko
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428


Okey Dokey Lokey


View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:12:50 PM
 #14

This would be really cool to implement but the person who did it would be required to have a pretty large bank.

"really cool to implement?"

Again. The casino game Roulette is practically desinged around the ability to bet multiple times. All Casino roulette systems do this. It is Standard

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
CNMOH
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 56



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:14:04 PM
 #15

Im going to assume you've never played Roulette in a Casino before have you?
Placing multiple bets is the only way to seemingly beat the house.
With nothing but singular bets, the house will theoretically always win.

Say i bet on the 1st collum
Thats 33% win 64%loose with 33%=300%
If i bet on 1st collum and 1st-12
Then it becomes around 44% to win 300% 56%loose With a chance to win 600% of my bet because i can win money from both bets from One spin

Roulette is based upon the ability to bet multiple times. Because say i loose on that double bet, I lost Twice my regular bet. But if i hit that 600% then i make back all the money and then double the bet (200% to pay for the bet 400%profit)\
I've played roulette on online casinos plenty of times, but never in a real casino.

Your logic makes no sense, as the house edge remains the same regardless of how many bets you place. I understand how you're thinking, but in the end, return remains the same. Your chance of getting that 600% win is no better than getting the 300% win two times. In the long run, the odds remain the same. The only thing that changes with multiple bets is variance, return and house edge ultimately remains the same.

SgtSpike
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1344



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:20:12 PM
 #16

Im going to assume you've never played Roulette in a Casino before have you?
Placing multiple bets is the only way to seemingly beat the house.
With nothing but singular bets, the house will theoretically always win.

Say i bet on the 1st collum
Thats 33% win 64%loose with 33%=300%
If i bet on 1st collum and 1st-12
Then it becomes around 44% to win 300% 56%loose With a chance to win 600% of my bet because i can win money from both bets from One spin

Roulette is based upon the ability to bet multiple times. Because say i loose on that double bet, I lost Twice my regular bet. But if i hit that 600% then i make back all the money and then double the bet (200% to pay for the bet 400%profit)\
I've played roulette on online casinos plenty of times, but never in a real casino.

Your logic makes no sense, as the house edge remains the same regardless of how many bets you place. I understand how you're thinking, but in the end, return remains the same. Your chance of getting that 600% win is no better than getting the 300% win two times. In the long run, the odds remain the same. The only thing that changes with multiple bets is variance, return and house edge ultimately remains the same.
^ This.
bitbetter
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 70


I want to feel your empty heart.


View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:28:21 PM
 #17

Im going to assume you've never played Roulette in a Casino before have you?
Placing multiple bets is the only way to seemingly beat the house.
With nothing but singular bets, the house will theoretically always win.

Say i bet on the 1st collum
Thats 33% win 64%loose with 33%=300%
If i bet on 1st collum and 1st-12
Then it becomes around 44% to win 300% 56%loose With a chance to win 600% of my bet because i can win money from both bets from One spin

Roulette is based upon the ability to bet multiple times. Because say i loose on that double bet, I lost Twice my regular bet. But if i hit that 600% then i make back all the money and then double the bet (200% to pay for the bet 400%profit)\
I've played roulette on online casinos plenty of times, but never in a real casino.

Your logic makes no sense, as the house edge remains the same regardless of how many bets you place. I understand how you're thinking, but in the end, return remains the same. Your chance of getting that 600% win is no better than getting the 300% win two times. In the long run, the odds remain the same. The only thing that changes with multiple bets is variance, return and house edge ultimately remains the same.

This is why roulette is such a profitable game. You can speculate on the odds, but you never really know what they are...except not in your favor.

  BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
SgtSpike
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1344



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:34:40 PM
 #18

Im going to assume you've never played Roulette in a Casino before have you?
Placing multiple bets is the only way to seemingly beat the house.
With nothing but singular bets, the house will theoretically always win.

Say i bet on the 1st collum
Thats 33% win 64%loose with 33%=300%
If i bet on 1st collum and 1st-12
Then it becomes around 44% to win 300% 56%loose With a chance to win 600% of my bet because i can win money from both bets from One spin

Roulette is based upon the ability to bet multiple times. Because say i loose on that double bet, I lost Twice my regular bet. But if i hit that 600% then i make back all the money and then double the bet (200% to pay for the bet 400%profit)\
I've played roulette on online casinos plenty of times, but never in a real casino.

Your logic makes no sense, as the house edge remains the same regardless of how many bets you place. I understand how you're thinking, but in the end, return remains the same. Your chance of getting that 600% win is no better than getting the 300% win two times. In the long run, the odds remain the same. The only thing that changes with multiple bets is variance, return and house edge ultimately remains the same.

This is why roulette is such a profitable game. You can speculate on the odds, but you never really know what they are...except not in your favor.
You know exactly what the odds are.

The bet you can make with the highest chance of winning is on a black or red column.  There are 36 numbers along with 0 and sometimes 00.  So you have a 48.64% chance of hitting the colored column you bet on with a single 0 wheel, but the payout is only double your bet.  The extra 2.72% is the house's cut, on average.

Likewise, if you bet on a single number, you have a 2.70% chance of hitting that number.  But the payout is only 36 times your bet amount, or 97.29% on average.  The extra 2.72% is the house's cut, on average.

If the house uses a double green wheel, then you double the house's cut.
CNMOH
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 56



View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:39:42 PM
 #19

http://wizardofodds.com/roulette

bitbetter
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 70


I want to feel your empty heart.


View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:40:57 PM
 #20

Im going to assume you've never played Roulette in a Casino before have you?
Placing multiple bets is the only way to seemingly beat the house.
With nothing but singular bets, the house will theoretically always win.

Say i bet on the 1st collum
Thats 33% win 64%loose with 33%=300%
If i bet on 1st collum and 1st-12
Then it becomes around 44% to win 300% 56%loose With a chance to win 600% of my bet because i can win money from both bets from One spin

Roulette is based upon the ability to bet multiple times. Because say i loose on that double bet, I lost Twice my regular bet. But if i hit that 600% then i make back all the money and then double the bet (200% to pay for the bet 400%profit)\
I've played roulette on online casinos plenty of times, but never in a real casino.

Your logic makes no sense, as the house edge remains the same regardless of how many bets you place. I understand how you're thinking, but in the end, return remains the same. Your chance of getting that 600% win is no better than getting the 300% win two times. In the long run, the odds remain the same. The only thing that changes with multiple bets is variance, return and house edge ultimately remains the same.

This is why roulette is such a profitable game. You can speculate on the odds, but you never really know what they are...except not in your favor.
You know exactly what the odds are.

The bet you can make with the highest chance of winning is on a black or red column.  There are 36 numbers along with 0 and sometimes 00.  So you have a 48.64% chance of hitting the colored column you bet on with a single 0 wheel, but the payout is only double your bet.  The extra 2.72% is the house's cut, on average.

Likewise, if you bet on a single number, you have a 2.70% chance of hitting that number.  But the payout is only 36 times your bet amount, or 97.29% on average.  The extra 2.72% is the house's cut, on average.

If the house uses a double green wheel, then you double the house's cut.

Indeed--I guess my comment was meant in a broader perspective. The game itself is designed to manipulate these percentages, like the 2.72 cut from the house or a double green. You can know the odds and play the odds and still lose.

  BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!