Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:17:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ignores their own customers/investors on their official forum.  (Read 2585 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 07:03:50 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showwiki.php?title=FAQ:MiniRig+SC+and+Single+SC+Hosting&do=comments

For over 3 months, nary a word from BFL in response to the above thread, even after several emails to them.

It was over 100 posts before the clients got wise to Community Hosting Inc. is own by Josh.

They still don't have a clue as to who J. Morgan and Ass. is. Maybe I better help them out in that regard: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63092

I own and operate a datacenter and want to advertize special colo offers specifically for bitcoin miners. This will help the entire community as the places that will offer colo with the power requirements needed by miners are hard to come by.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105352.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=123511.0

http://web.archive.org/web/20060901124041/http://www.communityhosting.net/aboutus.html

Why we are leaders in the hosting industry?

Unconditional Money Back Guarentee
Unbelievable Pricing
No Hidden Fees
No Setup Fees
Easy to use control panel
Knowledgable technical support
Tier 1 High Speed Bandwidth

Our company offers web hosting and domain registration services for businesses and individuals who demand the highest-level of reliability, performance and support from their web hosting provider. As a company dedicated to customer satisfaction we're ready to provide personal assistance to our customers whenever required, whatever the problem we're always happy to help. Ultimately we want your experience at Community Hosting to be a positive one and we'll do everything possible to ensure this intent is met.

We encourage you to explore our web site and if you have any questions or queries please email us or refer to our list of frequently asked questions. Remember that all our services are backed by a no questions asked 14 day money back guarantee!

Customer service is a key element in the satisfaction of our clients, as we continue to go well beyond the expected when it comes to meeting the needs of our customers. First in having a knowledgable and well trained staff, second in ensuring that they are easily accessible when needed.

Our Mission Statement
To provide our clients, both personal and business with top quality web hosting at affordable prices. Top-quality support is seen by us as a vital part of our company, that is why we have invested heavily in this department to offer you a great service.

Community Hosting is dedicated to providing services to websites that other budget minded hosts refuse to cater to. When we first started in this business, many hosts would outright refuse to host our websites or arbitrarily cut our websites off when they exceeded an imaginary threshold of usage, even if we were well within our bandwidth and disc space limits. Because of unscrupulous and decietful business practices within the webhosting community, we decided to found a company based on honesty and truth. Community Hosting is that company. We guarentee you the bandwidth and disc space you pay for, and we do will not put arbitrary or imaginary limits on your account.

A Dedication to Quality
Community Hosting operates with some simple concepts in mind. First and foremost, take care of the customer. We make sure each and every customer's needs are met, instead of expecting them to conform to what we supply. Second, we provide the best product we can and tailor our service to each customer individually.

Truly Powerful Technology
Performance & Stability. Any website's performance is defined by two simple concepts, connection speed and stability. These two concepts have been the primary focus on which we've built our network. Backup power systems include multiple UPS units, as well as natural gas generators to ensure that clean power reaches our servers at any level of failure, including total electrical blackout.

For being a leader in hosting, you'll be hard-pressed to find a dozen domains that were ever registered through Community Hosting Inc. 90% that were are Josh's, with one belonging to that MMA guy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:11:53 AM

You don't need to create new threads every day. Keep all the crying in one place.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 08:14:36 AM

Here's an interesting tidbit: It seems that Aaron Wendel received a few of those parking tickets parked in front of where Josh used to work which, by the way, is directly across the street from BFL's old address.

http://www.kcmo.org/idc/groups/police/documents/police/august2012municipalcourtoffend.pdf

Andrea Wendel is Aaron's wife of which his car is registered under.

I don't know who owns BBQCoin, but take a look at this: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-wendel/0/11b/783

You don't need to create new threads every day. Keep all the crying in one place.

Ain't cryin'! BTW, you the new thread police?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:28:31 AM

Here's an interesting tidbit: It seems that Aaron Wendel received a few of those parking tickets parked in front of where Josh used to work which, by the way, is directly across the street from BFL's old address.

http://www.kcmo.org/idc/groups/police/documents/police/august2012municipalcourtoffend.pdf

Andrea Wendel is Aaron's wife of which his car is registered under.

I don't know who owns BBQCoin, but take a look at this: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-wendel/0/11b/783

Ain't cryin'! BTW, you the new thread police?

I don't where you get this stuff PG.....................but I love it  Grin  

Like reading a drama novel & watching a soap opera all in one  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:56:01 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3703-josh-its-time-update-bfl-asic-status-4.html#post45944

"In the past week we went from "all back orders shipping by end of August" to now "September".. and hold your breath and wait for "October" because we know it's coming. "

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:27:00 PM

More like watching the progress of investigative journalism at the lead level.

Love em or hate em, end up or down, crooks, con-men, or incompetents, BFL is one hell of a good story.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:57:05 PM

More like watching the progress of investigative journalism at the lead level.

Love em or hate em, end up or down, crooks, con-men, or incompetents, BFL is one hell of a good story.

Have to agree there is a book and movie in here somewhere.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:05:07 PM

Phin FFS, please post this kind of stuff somewhere else.
Why do you keep post them on Hardware > Custom Hardware?
Please find some other place, thank you.
Bicknellski

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:11:07 PM

It is relevant. Unfortunately not enough people read these posts. Hopefully it heads off others from using any services these morons offer particularly Hardware and CUSTOM HARDWARE which is what BFL is primarily involved with. Here is hoping that these posts cease when BFL ceases to do business.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:25:19 PM

+1! I love it too. The drama never ends!

Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:25:37 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2013, 03:35:49 PM by Loredo

It is relevant. Unfortunately not enough people read these posts. Hopefully it heads off others from using any services these morons offer particularly Hardware and CUSTOM HARDWARE which is what BFL is primarily involved with. Here is hoping that these posts cease when BFL ceases to do business.
Exactly.  Take, for example, post #5 above.  That is information that is directly relevant to discussion of Custom Hardware.  

If these threads -which can get a little over the top, yeah- are the forum for that information, then they serve a mainline purpose.

EDIT: I followed post #5's link into the bfl site.  Yikes.  Mistake.  It's creepy over there.

One thing that was funny, though.  Fan says (paraphrase) "If you bitched this much in a restaurant, bad things would come out the kitchen."

Guy replies that if it were a restaurant, there would be no bitching.  Starvation would have long ago taken care of that.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:39:32 PM

No, please, let this used-planks seller post as much as possible, including that bunch of <100 posts jordaninthesky, xian and frizz23 sock puppet accounts, they bring BFL more money in new pre-orders than their advertising here does!

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 03:59:53 PM

Phinnaeus, geesh. Enough with the free promotion for BFL.

Your posts seem to be sending a clear message: BFL is the most important company in Bitcoinland. Is this your intention?
Bicknellski

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:20:21 PM

Really?

Most important?

Did they have a booth... hmmm can't remember.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 05:25:43 PM

Phinnaeus, geesh. Enough with the free promotion for BFL.

Your posts seem to be sending a clear message: BFL is the most important company in Bitcoinland. Is this your intention?

Yes!

One would be hard-pressed to name a more important company in Bitcoinland.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 05:35:18 PM

For those who don't visit BFL's forum, allow me to quote the following exchange, with the Just Joshin' Jester Josh's remarks in red: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3703-josh-its-time-update-bfl-asic-status-4.html#post45944

Originally Posted by txzaza  View Post

I think I can speak for most people on this forum, we all want our BFL machines and we are all biting out tongues in hopes of getting updates and useful information to try to understand when that might happen, but we are all really tired of the complete bullshit we get from BFL regarding when things will ship. In the past week we went from "all back orders shipping by end of August" to now "September".. and hold your breath and wait for "October" because we know it's coming. I haven't tallied it all up, but my guess is there's enough false, wrong, bullshit or simply hopelessly optimistic information put out over the past year that any State Attorney General would jump in and drill these guys a new assh0le. I'm at a frustation point, while I've been biting my tongue like most everyone else, it's only because I feel like I have zero power in this situation. Businesses cannot string along customers, they cannot take your money and regardless of what they put in the fine print, screw you over for months, years... I sincerely hope BFL is a successful, ships what they sold and makes us all happy but they don't have a track record of accuracy or honestly even when they do cryptically decide to communicate with us. Okay, I'm done venting. Time to drink beer.

Then stop asking for updates, it's that simple. If you want updates and estimates, then they will tend to be modified as time goes on. If you want 100% accurate information, then wait. There's no other option.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukovsky  View Post

How about you just tell us?

Because it causes more problems than it solves, so that's not going to happen either.

If this is the most acceptable business practice, then why don't most other businesses practice it? Clearly, addressing concerns causes more problems then they solve, so why even have a customer service department whose main task is to address questions and concerns.
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:39:02 PM

I hereby to say, Iam lucky to get out of the loop before the worst time. Currently, The miner sold does not mention You can get something back. The BFL may be the most questionable thing
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 11:25:05 PM

From the same thread mentioned above by ASIC=J (probably Josh, for his sig reads "Nemesis -
Is the dumbest and biggest troll on BFL! Everybody should ignore this little idiot and his posts!: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showwiki.php?title=FAQ:MiniRig+SC+and+Single+SC+Hosting&page=12&do=comments

You are very right!!! Community Hosting only charges 1 price for Singles and another for MRs.

Other co-location places will charge based on space, power & Internet. Usually costs $40 for mid-tower or $50 for 1-4U. That includes 5 IPs, 10 TB download & 1A @ 120V (120 watts).
Server Colocation Packages

For $90, you could get the following from another hosting company:
Mid-tower or 4U (for space) + 5A* @ 120V (600 watts) + 1 Mbit Internet connection + 5 IPs (only need 1 for host system).
*Cost for power is $12/1A with some places charging as high as $20/1A. 1A costs company $6-10/month depending where in the contiguous USA they are located.
https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/colocation/

That would work out to hosting 2 LS for $90 - $45/LS - if you use someone else to host them. Also, have to use a very small or tiny & low power computer for the ASIC host. Like a R-PI, router or Android tablet with a powered USB hub.

Community Hosting is interested in going after the big money!!! That means just interested in MRs & Singles. They don't want to waste their time handling weaker devices for less money. They realize it is not worth hosting Jalapeno or LS for $90/month. ie. else you would be paying 2X price for LS than you should. So best to just get these shipped to customers instead.

What's wrong with the above, you ask? Well, if you don't like Community Hosting or Joe's DataCenter, go with WholeSaleInternet. Same basic principals. And if you don't want your unit mining to Eclipse, Josh is more than happy to start another pool(s) for you all.

BTW, this is being heavily pushed on the Russia Bitcoin forums besides here to save them lucky souls from paying shipping cost.

I may have a spike in my head, but at least I don't have a spike in my head.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 12:16:16 AM

On second thought, what better place then to host BFL miners.

Aaron Wendel opened the doors of his business to some unexpected visitors on the morning of Mar. 16, 2011. The chief technology officer of Kansas City based hosting provider Wholesale Internet found that two U.S. marshals, a pair of computer forensics experts and a Microsoft lawyer had come calling, armed with papers allowing them to enter the facility and to commandeer computer hard drives and portions of the hosting firm’s network. Anyone attempting to interfere would be subject to arrest and prosecution.

Here's what I would do.

Get a slew of people to host their miners at either one of the three data centers controlled by Aaron, Joe and Josh, then move them to a safe house prior to tipping the feds of some going-ons at said centers, then claim that all the hardware on the premises were confiscated, having nothing more to say on the matter due to some made-up gag order.

Needless to say, they can then start mining with the paid for miners. Genius!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 12:44:58 AM

Can you spot what's wrong with the following post?

I haven't been folowing everything BFL related, Please enlighten me on the fpgas and asics ETA.
I wish I could purchase BFL FPGAs and have them returned for ASICs, but if I'm to be able to mine on the FPGAs for a few month only and have to pay shipping back and forth it wouldn't be worth it...

It's ~100$ lost for shipping back and forth for a single and 400$ on a mini rig.  

Wouldn't it be better if someone at driving distance from BFL could take care of mining with the FPGAs for us while we get our ASICs ready ?
(While paying electricity and maintenance fees.)

Inaba came by the office today and we spoke about just this issue.  Several overseas customers have been asking about this as well and it does make quite a lot of sense.  Inaba runs a data center of course...  and he's a stone's throw away from our office, so I expect he'll have a packaged solution worked up pretty soon.

Ironically, this transpired just prior to Josh becoming a full time employee/partner with BFL.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: