Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:35:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚛️ SWAPS.ORG – XMR/BTC/ETH/ERC-20 NO KYC ON-CHAIN ATOMIC SWAP DEX ⚛️  (Read 54159 times)
MasterQ

Activity: 66
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:40:25 PM

They (the forks) are (almost) all doing the same right now: they don't publish their code, then they don't have to answer questions, and if they publish it, then they don't answer questions

All those forks that do not publish their code, or publish it a fake way, like posting issues to themselves not answering the relevant ones, or taking some excuses like "we will release it when mainnet is live" lack credibility, as if they were fine tuning the code at the latest moment, while they just modified a few lines of the bitcoin core code (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827163.msg28965972#msg28965972, really, a child could launch a fork)

Maybe some have some good reasons to do so, mainly they don't want you to be aware of the nodes when they launch mainnet (and btw they should launch testnet before...), this does not prevent them from posting the code without this information that they can easily remove, this is not an issue for serious projects

BTG launch was a kind of nightmare, they made some mistakes but at least disclosed everything far before the launch, maybe others are afraid that the same happens, but that's not a valid excuse for not releasing the code

Nothing is transparent now, see also the warning link I posted above about BCP and very basic things that they did not implement

And the questions I asked above too (to many other forks also), let's see, no answer = very dubious fork

So please, everybody, think about it before claiming "free" coins, because the global feeling is that most of the forks are just fooling you, premining stuff and taking the money after the launch while everybody is trying to do the same so the rate is high, risking to lose everything

Ideally we should wait for 6 months to see if said projects are really implementing what they are promising ("improving bitcoin"), which most likely will never happen for most of them

Why am I a fool for claiming "free" coins? I would be a fool to buy this coin not to dump it. I don't understand why anyone buys these forks just as they launch they all dump hard, even BCH did for 2-3 months before the pump. No one should look at BCH and expect anything like that to happen to any other recent fork.

Are all these forks really that easy? Some have smart contracts added/hashing algorithm changed, isn't that a bit more complicated?

Also thanks for your script Smiley didn't see it before.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ayms

Activity: 182
Merit: 33

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:28:03 PM

You are not a fool if your intent is just to speculate and make some money, which most people will do, not knowing/ignoring the fact that the forks are taking you for idiots and using you to make much more money

So at a certain point of time this behavior should stop, I think

Another problem is that it becomes more and more risky and as we saw getting free coins leaded many to lose everything, not talking about some possible side effects of replay attacks that I posted above, which is a new thing here given the number of forks

And yes, most of those forks are that easy, as I wrote let's see in 6 months what they have added (smart contracts, super hash algorithm, super proof of something, 1TB block size, 1 tx/ms, etc)

See their roadmaps (nothing is in there right now, except few lines modification of bitcoin core code), should you want to launch a fork I can help sending you my user guide

Regarding my tool I should encourage everybody to continue this mess instead, but no, thanks for your comment
Ned Kelly

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:02:20 AM

Very very soon. We definitely intend to launch it asap, not in week time or more
So by February 7, some clarity now. Thanks.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:16:25 AM

You are not a fool if your intent is just to speculate and make some money, which most people will do, not knowing/ignoring the fact that the forks are taking you for idiots and using you to make much more money

Another problem is that it becomes more and more risky and as we saw getting free coins leaded many to lose everything, not talking about some possible side effects of replay attacks that I posted above, which is a new thing here given the number of forks

And yes, most of those forks are that easy, as I wrote let's see in 6 months what they have added (smart contracts, super hash algorithm, super proof of something, 1TB block size, 1 tx/ms, etc)

See their roadmaps (nothing is in there right now, except few lines modification of bitcoin core code), should you want to launch a fork I can help sending you my user guide

Regarding my tool I should encourage everybody to continue this mess instead, but no, thanks for your comment

I actually hope they do follow through, but I have to agree with you. The forking itself should not be that difficult, and having AT LEAST THAT at launch on github makes sense. If they're trying to have the various additional features in place  before release, then they're turning down the eager assistance of the community, which does not make sense.

The only two things that make sense to me for waiting are, one, the code didn't work as expected and they're scratching their heads in embarassment and puzzlement. That's the benign one, and the one I'm hoping for.

Two, they have the mainnet going, now, and are mining the hell out of it in lieu of a premine. Doesn't take much to mine a chain with only three or four machines attached...

As for that guide, PM me. I'd be interested to learn Cheesy A few people on this forum have claimed I'm a cloner for years. I've yet to make them not liars. Maybe it's time.
cryptoknight_

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:35:32 AM

From $1600 to $46 in two weeks? Was this because of the current crash or is this another bitConnect?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:37:57 AM

From $1600 to $46 in two weeks? Was this because of the current crash or is this another bitConnect?

At this point nobody knows.

We're all waiting for the damn thing to actually be released. I got clean keys that had a balance as of the fork. And don't now. Not spending a satoshi without some proof!
zeroarmy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:44:24 AM

Don’t know what to think of all those Bitcoinforks anymore. Seems things getting a little bit out of control lately Roll Eyes
But let’s see where this one goes. Some of them might actually survive over the years. Nobody knows.

greetings
zero

bitcoinman93

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:21:50 AM

Don’t know what to think of all those Bitcoinforks anymore. Seems things getting a little bit out of control lately Roll Eyes
But let’s see where this one goes. Some of them might actually survive over the years. Nobody knows.

greetings
zero

I believe it's same as with all other projects, it wouldn't be fair to say the forks are useless in general. There can be some decent projects marketed as forks while majority will be worthless. I have a very high opinion of what bca team is trying to achieve, but they need to deliver, which didn't happen yet. If they manage, it will be awesome, if not, well I'm patient person, some other project will take over the idea and materialize it Smiley
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:12:22 AM

greetings
zero

I believe it's same as with all other projects, it wouldn't be fair to say the forks are useless in general. There can be some decent projects marketed as forks while majority will be worthless. I have a very high opinion of what bca team is trying to achieve, but they need to deliver, which didn't happen yet. If they manage, it will be awesome, if not, well I'm patient person, some other project will take over the idea and materialize it Smiley
In the Bitcoin Atom website, I see that the Coinomi wallet and Yobit exchange accept Bitcoin Atom.
But I verified in the Coinomi website and the Yobit website, and I see nothing about Bitcoin Atom.
Can someone explain me ? True or not true ?
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:25:33 AM

greetings
zero

In the Bitcoin Atom website, I see that the Coinomi wallet and Yobit exchange accept Bitcoin Atom.
But I verified in the Coinomi website and the Yobit website, and I see nothing about Bitcoin Atom.

It is already traded on yobit, link is https://yobit.net/en/trade/BCA/USD. Regarding coinomi, they tweeted their support of bca officially but still waiting for bca team to provide them with source and wallets, then they will be able to launch bca coinomi wallet. We are all eagerly waiting for that. To answer your question, the info is true

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:41:03 AM

greetings
zero

It is already traded on yobit, link is https://yobit.net/en/trade/BCA/USD. Regarding coinomi, they tweeted their support of bca officially but still waiting for bca team to provide them with source and wallets, then they will be able to launch bca coinomi wallet. We are all eagerly waiting for that. To answer your question, the info is true
Thank you for these accurate answers :-).
Ayms

Activity: 182
Merit: 33

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:00:06 AM
Merited by Biomech (10)

I actually hope they do follow through, but I have to agree with you. The forking itself should not be that difficult, and having AT LEAST THAT at launch on github makes sense. If they're trying to have the various additional features in place  before release, then they're turning down the eager assistance of the community, which does not make sense.

The only two things that make sense to me for waiting are, one, the code didn't work as expected and they're scratching their heads in embarassment and puzzlement. That's the benign one, and the one I'm hoping for.

Two, they have the mainnet going, now, and are mining the hell out of it in lieu of a premine. Doesn't take much to mine a chain with only three or four machines attached...

As for that guide, PM me. I'd be interested to learn Cheesy A few people on this forum have claimed I'm a cloner for years. I've yet to make them not liars. Maybe it's time.

The guide does not exist in fact but thinking to write something about it (but it will be a parody), now you can see this again https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827163.msg29326000#msg29326000 (and see the replay protection story too, if it's not there you can claim coins for a fork but then other coins can be moved without you knowing it)

And look at https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions/blob/master/tx.js#L77-L253

As you can see adding a coin in the tool is just a matter of modifying ~10 parameters

I am simplifying a bit here, sometimes it's more complicate, the tool is complex but has been designed to allow to add coins easily (and be used easily)

Then you understand the global idea: you modify those parameters in bitcoin core code and you have a fork

There are no sensitive info here and I have already asked two or three times that Atom (and other forks) provide that information (+ a real transaction so I can check that everything is correct)

The fact that they don't do it does not help trusting them, since there are no technical difficulties, it's quite trivial

And if they premine they are doing it at the lowest difficulty, then it's easy, and if they are still syncing, then...

In short I don't see any "excuse" for them for not releasing the requested info at least and the code

bucayboyne

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:07:46 PM

I bought them on Yobit. I actually bought BCA on YoBit!

What I can do is to say Good luck to you.
Maybe you paid for some lessons.
It's the first lesson you should learn in the crypto world.

Just a little patience please, The full node software (both compiled binaries and sources) and associated BCA address format will be released very soon. Team is working 24/7 to deliver.

It was very soon several days ago. Approximately how long will it take?
1) 1 day.
2) 1 week.
3) 1 month.

Very very soon. We definitely intend to launch it asap, not in week time or more
I liked to hear about it
Huxleyfree

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:18:56 PM

how can you know the value of BCA if they are not on sale already
MasterQ

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:41:38 PM

You can trade futures on Yobit https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-atom/#markets

Basically if you had Bitcoin on Yobit exchange before the fork block you would get 1 BTC + 1 BCA. There are risks involved with futures, main one being using a dodgy exchange which may run off with your funds, Yobit does look dodgy so I would not trust them. The other risk is buying, if the project gets abandoned then anyone who bought the BCA futures will get nothing. This is how it worked for a previous fork of Segwit2X (which didn't launch in time) https://www.bitfinex.com/legal/cst/segwit2x - It maybe different for other forks though as Segwit2X was supposed to replace the current Bitcoin.
Joneskay

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:12:25 PM

You can trade futures on Yobit https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-atom/#markets

Basically if you had Bitcoin on Yobit exchange before the fork block you would get 1 BTC + 1 BCA. There are risks involved with futures, main one being using a dodgy exchange which may run off with your funds, Yobit does look dodgy so I would not trust them. The other risk is buying, if the project gets abandoned then anyone who bought the BCA futures will get nothing. This is how it worked for a previous fork of Segwit2X (which didn't launch in time) https://www.bitfinex.com/legal/cst/segwit2x - It maybe different for other forks though as Segwit2X was supposed to replace the current Bitcoin.
and do you know what is their value then?
heinemannplus

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:18:04 PM

If I buy some tokens in Yobit they don't have value already, do they?
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:51:20 PM

Value is determined by many factors. In the case of bca it is determined by how much are other Yobit users willing to pay for it for now. So as long as you are speaking of financial value, yes it has value. If you find value in sending fast transactions, it doesn’t have value yet as it can’t be transferred unless the nodes are made public.

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
MasterQ

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:54:27 PM

You wont actually be able to use them until the mainnet is launched. Buying futures is a risk mentioned above but if you think BCA will be worth more than $42 once the mainnet is launched then go for it. Personally I think the price will continue to go down just like every other fork but who knows. The only good thing I can say about the $42 price on Yobit is their daily volume is less than $50,000 so if it was to get listed on more/bigger exchanges I could defiantly see the price going back above $100.
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:59:58 PM

That is issue with Yobit from start since they first started to trade IOU of other projects in past. They were not allowing deposits and in mysterious way were keep dragging the time. Buying any forked of Bitcoin or IOU on Yobit specially isn't wise unless you have made your mind to keep trading them on platform.
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: